Happy Thanksgiving

strange...I wouldn't even think of reaching into another person's buggy to get anything no matter how I wished I had gotten one....guess that is why we are all wired so different...and that is a good thing!!!!

I don't go shopping the day after Thanksgiving...it brings out the worst in people.:sad2:

I am sitting in my MH all set up in my town for tonight's Christmas light parade. We have great seats...don't even have to get out of the MH to watch the parade. We have food, hot chocolate, coffee and leftover pumpkin pie. We are only a few blocks from downtown where they have all kinds of activities and entertainment for the kids.

We are already getting dirty looks from everyone walking by freezing their butts off...it's only in the mid 30's right now and will be MUCH colder by parade time when it gets dark :rolleyes1

Life is good....

I must admit...I did stop at ONE store on my way home from the office this afternoon....Winn Dixie!!

There were no crowds at all, AND, I bought a fresh turkey that the meat manager marked down to $.69/pound. It's in the oven and smells wonderful!!

We went to friends for Tkgiving yesterday, and miss the leftovers. So, it's turkey for dinner tonite (and the next few nites!)

It's warmed up beautifully today, but we're supposed to get hit with another cold front late Sunday which will last for 3-4 days. Turkey noodle soup, coming up!!

I did. But I have a stress-free routine that I do every year. I was up by 3:00 a.m., went to JC Penney to get my free Mickey Mouse snow globe (they have done this for years and each year they're different), grabbed a couple of really good deals and checked out before the line got too long. Then it was to Sam's Club for a free breakfast, not crowded at all there. Bought some Duraflame logs and then headed home before daylight.

I drove past Best Buy...OMG! Unless they were giving away free computers, there's no way I would stand in that line, much less be in the store with that many people!

You are a braver woman than me. They had on the local news this morning where people were taking pictures at Best Buy of the people in line so that when they handed out vouchers this morning, they could verify who was in line and who was not. It was ridiculous.

It's warmed up beautifully today, but we're supposed to get hit with another cold front late Sunday which will last for 3-4 days. Turkey noodle soup, coming up!!

These cold fronts need to end. I enjoyed wearing my shorts much too much today!

That is horrible! :eek: There is no sale worth that.

This happened about 20 minutes west of where we live.
The local newspaper is playing this with a twist. That is ...the people were "desperate to get in". Yep...because of the bad economic situation that so many in the country find themselves in today, they were forced into stomping someone to death, in order to purchase the limited number of discounted gifts. I'm sorry..but these people were not on line desperate for food, or shelter, or clothing...they stampeded a store and killed someone out of greed. :sad2:

I tell ya..can't believe it. No personal responsibility...they want to blame the economy, Walmart...the lack of security. You name it.
My heart goes out to this man family.

I say charge them all with murder...i hope they cant close there eyes to sleep without thinking about what they've done and who they murdered.

I say charge them all with murder...i hope they cant close there eyes to sleep without thinking about what they've done and who they murdered.

I agree! It's just sinceless! I feel for his family.

Last I heard, they were reviewing store video and asking for any cell phone video shoppers may have. It appears doubtful anyone will be charged as they indicate it's hard to tell from video they do have if any one individual caused his death. They're also waiting on autopsy results.
Very sad. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter