Happy Land of Disney World...........Dec. 11th-18th 2010

coteau_chick

DIS Veteran
I am so excited to be going back to Disney World. This will be our fourth family trip there. I went once when I was sixteen, so this will be my fifth trip to Disney World.

In case you are wondering who I am my name is Laura. I am a 38 year old stay at home mom to three wonderful kids. Courtney is 17. She is leaving for college in August. Brennan is 12 he is the only boy. Grace is the baby and she just turned three in June. She is the one who came up with my title to this pre-trip report. She is a little firecracker let me tell you there is never a dull moment with her around.

I didn't mention my husband Faron yet. He is a wonderful husband and Daddy. He loves Disney World as much as I do. We both want to live there and wish we could. It is truly our "Happy Place".

Here is a family picture at our house the night of the Saints winning the Super Bowl. Did I mention we live in Louisiana?
IMG_5302-1.jpg

Here is another picture of me. I can be a little sassy sometimes.....:scared1:
IMG_3521.jpg

I hope you have fun following along as I plan this trip.
Some details so far are:
Date December 11-18th
Resort Port Orleans Riverside

I will share more about our family and our upcoming trip later. I don't want to bore you all in one post. I have so much to share with you and I think we will have fun here. :hug:

Here is another picture for you. It is from our 2008 trip. It was taken at Typhoon Lagoon. Someone should warn people about that wave pool it can be brutal. I got real close to the photographer after this shot. :rotfl2:
image109.jpg

This next picture was the last picture taken on our 2009 trip. It is a sad sight because I NEVER want to leave Disney World.
IMG_3091.jpg

I'm in!!! Great start. I'm so excited y'all are getting to go back. I'm jealous because I wish we could go for Christmas too.

Oh my gosh, we did TL this June and found out about that wave pool!! I even had a little swimsuit "mishap" after being plowed over by a wave. I keep telling myself that no one saw anything but I'm pretty sure I'm lying to myself. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I'm in!!! Great start. I'm so excited y'all are getting to go back. I'm jealous because I wish we could go for Christmas too.

Oh my gosh, we did TL this June and found out about that wave pool!! I even had a little swimsuit "mishap" after being plowed over by a wave. I keep telling myself that no one saw anything but I'm pretty sure I'm lying to myself. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I am so glad you came over Cherie. I flew into the photographer and scrapped my knees and elbows in that wave pool. It is brutal. I bet you are not the only one with a "Mishap" in that darn pool. :rotfl2:

I"m in. This may be the first time I am posting on the first page of someones trip report. I look forward to reading about everything.

I"m in. This may be the first time I am posting on the first page of someones trip report. I look forward to reading about everything.
Welcome to my pre-trip report. I am so glad to have you. I can't wait to get to know everyone who joins us. This is always fun.
I'm in too! :cool1:

That pic at typhoon lagoon is great!

Welcome..........the Typhoon Lagoon picture is so funny. I have a death grip on poor Brennan.

I am so glad you came over Cherie. I flew into the photographer and scrapped my knees and elbows in that wave pool. It is brutal. I bet you are not the only one with a "Mishap" in that darn pool. :rotfl2:

Thank goodness I didn't hurt anything. I saw a few people who did get banged up a bit. Those waves are STRONG! After a big wave, I stood up but was facing backward and I know there were some men standing back there. :headache: I felt a cooler breeze than usual on one side of my top portion if you know what I mean! I hurried and fixed it after I had turned around but was sooo mortified. I just wanted to go underwater and swim far far away. I told DH what happened and he just laughed at me. :sad2: He said he's sure I wasn't the only one and I'm sure he's right but still!! :scared1:

Laura was it you...I think it was you... about a year or so ago I was online laughing till I cried with someone while reading the story of the lady on the mayday falls slide at Typhoon Lagoon?? She is THE FIRST PERSON I thought of when I had my mishap. :rotfl2:

I'm pretty sure you were the one I was posting with a long time ago after someone posted a link to her story. Well, I FOUND IT!! So for those who had forgotten it and for those who haven't read it yet, here you go:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=509578

I just laughed till I cried again. :lmao:

I thought I would tell some of the highlights from our past trips to keep this moving along.

I guess I will start with a story from my first trip when I was sixteen. It was my parents, my brother and I my brother's friend and my Aunt Betty. We drove from Louisiana in Aunt Betty's yellow Lincoln Continental. It was as long and big as a boat. This was in the 80's so you can picture it. :rotfl2: We went on July 4th with no planning whatsoever. We looked at a time share to get our tickets when we got there. They kept us so long that we were late getting to the park. The man kept bugging us and my Daddy just wanted our tickets. When we finally got our of there my Aunt Betty said, "That sorry trash.... I regret I ate his damn eggs":rotfl2: She made sure to get her free suitcase he promised her. Hee hee hee. When we arrived at Magic Kingdom they opened the big trunk and started handing out sandwiches. When I said I wasn't hungry Aunt Betty said, "Look you......eat this sandwich because we are NOT eating in there. It is too expensive and here drink a pop too." So much for a dinning plan:rotfl2:

It was so hot and crowded I hated that trip. We spent one day at Magic Kingdom and one day at Epcot. I said I never wanted to go back again. We waited in line for hours and maybe rode three things in the two days we spent there. We have some funny memories of Aunt Betty from that trip. We were in line one time and she asked the people in line behind us where they were from and they said Ireland. She said, "Cooh, you must have had a long drive":rotfl2:

When we got back to the parking lot we had no idea where in the heck we had parked. My brother's friend had payed attention and he remembered thank God.

Laura was it you...I think it was you... about a year or so ago I was online laughing till I cried with someone while reading the story of the lady on the mayday falls slide at Typhoon Lagoon?? She is THE FIRST PERSON I thought of when I had my mishap. :rotfl2:

I'm pretty sure you were the one I was posting with a long time ago after someone posted a link to her story. Well, I FOUND IT!! So for those who had forgotten it and for those who haven't read it yet, here you go:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=509578

I just laughed till I cried again. :lmao:

Yes it was me that read that with you. I have looked for that link again and I couldn't find it. Thanks I am going to read it again. I think I am going to bookmark it. It is priceless. :rotfl2:
Cherie when you had your "Mishap" did you here God?:rotfl2:

Your aunt seems soo funny!! I bet she made the trip a hoot!

Your aunt seems soo funny!! I bet she made the trip a hoot!

She is and she did. The funny thing about her is she is not trying to be funny. I have to say she is by far my favorite aunt. I wish we could take her back but she is getting too old now. She is 73 and not in the best health anymore.

She is and she did. The funny thing about her is she is not trying to be funny. I have to say she is by far my favorite aunt. I wish we could take her back but she is getting too old now. She is 73 and not in the best health anymore.

That's too bad, but at least you guys have all these great memories. And I bet you think of her often. She sounds like a great aunt!

Yes it was me that read that with you. I have looked for that link again and I couldn't find it. Thanks I am going to read it again. I think I am going to bookmark it. It is priceless. :rotfl2:
Cherie when you had your "Mishap" did you here God?:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: You know, I sure didn't! He wasn't talkin' to me but I did say something to him. You know...the typical...."Oh my God, I'm so embarrassed! Please let them not have seen my slippage. " ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter