Happily Ever After viewing spot - avoiding crowds > seeing projections

While I was reading this thread, a possible workaround occurred to me. I've never tried this, but maybe you could watch the high fireworks from a non-crowded area and hold up an iPad or other tablet to play a video recording of the castle and projections at the same time. There are plenty of videos online that focus on the castle projections, and I'm sure there will soon be new ones that include any updates (such as the new anniversary show). Possible downsides to this could be getting the video synchronized properly to the live show in front of you; and your arms may get pretty tired holding the thing up for the 15+ minute show.

Last edited:
While I was reading this thread, a possible workaround occurred to me. I've never tried this, but maybe you could watch the high fireworks from a non-crowded area and hold up an iPad or other tablet to play a video recording of the castle and projections at the same time. There are plenty of videos online that focus on the castle projections, and I'm sure there will soon be new ones that include any updates (such as the new anniversary show). Possible downsides to this could be getting the video synchronized properly to the live show in front of you; and your arms may get pretty tired holding the thing up for the 15+ minute show.
And if you’re doing that in a non-crowded area, your iPad won’t be blocking the view of those behind you! FYI One thing to be aware of when watching from behind the castle is that the fireworks are launching all around you, so it can be hard figuring which way to look.

We find there are several spots near Crystal palace/the bridge to adventureland where nobody goes because there are trees partially obscuring the projection view. You can still see a partial view of the projections but walk up 10 mins before and still have some breathing room. I get u want to avoid the crowds, but that area I spoke of is not any more crowded than the theme park is the whole rest of the day. Plus you can make a quick escape to frontier land if it isn’t working out for you.
How soon would you park yourself here to reserve the space? And when you say walk up 10.minutes before, walk up where? Thanks!

Will fireworks in February be at 8 pm instead of 9 since it gets dark earlier? Thx
No, the fireworks aren't usually earlier during the winter months - unless the park is closing earlier and fireworks are at closing.

I spent so much time trying to beat the crowds out of the park, that for so long, I took the fireworks for granted. Well, January 2020, right before Covid, I took the time and stood next to a tree near the Plaza Restaurant determined to watch from start to finish. Please note that I am a senior who started bringing her kids here starting in 1992. Well, little by little two (related) families started inching their way towards me...and after awhile, I could tell that they were trying to nudge me out of my viewing spot. All one foot by one foot of it. I was flanked on both sides by Moms and kids and I could tell that they just wanted me to give up and move. I didn't. I quietly stood in the spot that I had picked out long before the fireworks started. I said not a word and enjoyed the show. Little did I know that two months later, the Fireworks would remain silent for what 16 months? Glad I finally stopped to smell the roses. I will NEVER EVER take the evening shows for granted after this whole Covid ordeal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter