Happily Ever After... Angela and BG..12/21/06 - WP/Citrico's DISNEY PHOTO LINK ADDED

I made it back to our room, with my Mom and Ben in tow. BG also followed us to get his bag with all of his necessary items to take back to his room to get ready. We hadn't been in the room 5 mintues, when there was a knock on the door. I thought it would be Lisa Pena to do my hair, but it was Mejay and Dan, 2 Concierge CMs. They were bringing pretzels, a bag of potato chips, fruit, bottles of Evian, and sodas on a tray for those getting ready in my room. They had also taken a tray to BG in his room as well. That was so nice of them, I was really impressed by the attention to detail from these CMs.

I hopped in the shower VERY quickly to get the MK smell off of me, and by the time I was out, Lisa Pena had arrived to get started on my hair and makeup.

She was wonderful - I can't more wonderful things about her. She was so funny, and she really helped calm my nerves. During this time, BG took Daniel out to the Marina and they rented 2 water mice for an hour. I guess that was his "bachelor party" :lmao: . He called once to ask who was standing in our window - he could see Lisa doing my hair, but didn't know who it was.

Lisa completed my hair, then did my makeup and attached my veil. She did a wonderful job. She even left me an entire tube of Mac lipgloss for a touch-up. She said she didn't have any personal applicators, and she had a new tube back at her office. So, she just gave me the tube... :thumbsup2

The finished product - Me and Ben
DSC01564.jpg

The wedding was to start at 4 pm - SHARP. The current time was 2:30. Another knock on the door, it was Joe bringing Mom's dress. He swooned and swayed over "how beautiful I was" and I gave him a HUGE hug for altering Mom's dress. :cutie: He is SO great!!!:thumbsup2

BG called the room to tell me he had left his tux in our closet, so he wanted Ben to meet him in the hallway with it so he wouldn't be tempted to see me. At this point, he also told me his Mom was too upset - she wouldn't be coming to the wedding. Now, this may make some people upset with me, but this really made me mad. :mad: We had gone to great lengthes to make this trip tolerable for her - there were many times when we were in the park when she was arm in arm with BOTH BG and Daniel, while I was walking by myself. We didn't do anything the whole trip with just the 2 of us. This was not only our wedding, but our honeymoon! And I had spent the majority of it sleeping in the same room as her so she wouldn't be upset! So, I thought she was being very selfish by acting this way. :headache:

I told him that was fine - if she was going to make this day all about her, then I didn't want her to be there anyway. Needless to say, by the time Ben met BG in the hallway with his tux, FMIL was coming to the wedding. :rolleyes: Apparently, she heard my fussing on the phone...;)

My friend, Daphne, called on my cellphone during this time as well. She supported my angriness, and asked if I would mind if she rode to the Wedding Pavilion with me and my Mom. I thought that was a great idea (I could really use the support :hug: ) and that I would meet her in the lobby at 3:40. Mom, Ben, and I continued to get ready - Mom's dress fit perfectly! Joe did such an amazing job! He is so handy! :banana:

When I was being corsetted into my dress, my cell phone rang. Apparently, we were VERY late, it was 4:00!!! :eek: and we hadn't made it to the lobby. Daphne was afraid that she had missed us... :confused:

We FINALLY made it to the elevator, and I realized I couldn't get to the 3rd floor without my room key, which I had left in the room. So, I walked down the 2 flights of stairs to tell Joe just how wonderful he was and how much I appreciated everything they had done for us during the past few days. Sitting at the Concierge desk was Lives4Disney - she is so nice and has such wonderful children! I was able to get on the elevator to the main lobby.

GF Lobby
HPIM0116.jpg

Me and My Mom
HPIM0119.jpg

Me and Ben
HPIM0118.jpg

Me and Daphne
HPIM0120.jpg

The Limo
HPIM0121.jpg

It took 3 CMs to help me and my BIG dress into the limo
HPIM0124.jpg

I was on my way to meet my Prince Charming and get married!!!!
HPIM0130.jpg

HPIM0133.jpg

I was met outside the WP by the EC that would be coordinating the wedding that day, Karen. She was also very nice. I was quickly ushered to the Bride's Vestibule, where I met the Officiant we had picked - Rev. Jack Day.

Daphne was trying to take this pic as Rev. Day was on his knee, but she was too close, and too slow:laughing:
HPIM0134.jpg

I was presented with my bouquet - a mixture of True Red and Black Magic Roses. It had 7 crystal "hidden Mickey's" in it. It was just beautiful...:love:
It was then, I started getting upset and crying. I am usually a pretty emaotional person - but I had done really good all week. I hadn't cried at all until Ben told me "He had the most beautiful sister in the world." There are 17 years between us, and we are really close. But, he was just extra sweet that day....
HPIM0135.jpg

BG, FMIL, and Daniel in the Groom's Room (sorrry the pic is blurry - WC wasn't too familiar with our camera :rolleyes1 )
DSC01565.jpg

Mom, Ben and Daphne were being ushered into the Wedding Pavilion to get the wedding started. Daniel would come soon to walk me down the aisle. This was it - I was so filled with emotions.

The last few months had been so emotionally draining - and they were all coming back to me like a tidal wave. At one point, I was afraid I was going to get scared and run. Not because I didn't want to marry BG, but I was so filled with guilt that we didn't pick a sooner date so that his Dad could be with us. It was so hard to be there - after all the years, all the emotion, all the pain, and all the happiness, we had finally made it. My wave of emotion was ruthless - I didn't know if I would overcome it. I was afraid that I was being selfish for going on with this wedding after the passing of his father - we were so happy about getting married in the midst of a time when we should still be grieving. :sad2:

Daniel came into the Bride's room and I lost it. I had been trying so hard not to cry, not to look like a raccoon on my wedding day - but this was it. I did a quick look in the mirror to make sure my makeup hadn't dripped onto my dress, and walked outside with my best friend. He knew what I was feeling - and being the friend that he was, he didn't say anything. He just held my hand - I knew that the happiest moment of my life was about to begin....

I heard music, and try as I might, I couldn't see anything through the crack in the door. Karen straighted my train, and the hour bells rang. 4 "Dongs" and my music began - Canon in D by Pachelbel. The doors opened and I saw my Prince Charming with tears in his eyes.

The Altar at the WP
P1010071.jpg

BG and FMIL
P1010073.jpg

P1010075.jpg

Our Prayer
P1010076.jpg

P1010077.jpg

P1010079.jpg

P1010080.jpg

Mr and Mrs Trump!!!!!
P1010082.jpg

Please, God, don't let me fall down the stairs....:scared:
P1010083.jpg

P1010084.jpg

Formal Pictures
BG and I with Ben and Daphne's Boys
P1010087.jpg

BG and I with our Mom's
P1010088.jpg

P1010089.jpg

P1010092.jpg

Here, you can see the Memory Candle we had for BG's Dad
P1010096.jpg

For more of our pictures, go to www.collages.net/disneyweddings

User Name: Leffel / Trump Wedding
Password: 1971

wow, great pics! you looked fantastic! I love your cake! :)

These photos are beautiful!!! You looked stunning. I wish I had a waist and bust like that (I would say that to just anyone-- but you understand).

I love how you had daniel walk you down the isle. That even moves me!!

So why exactly did your MIL not want to be at the wedding? Because her son would actually have to legally sign papers to cut the umbillical cord off? Sounds kinda selfish to me... She didnt look the most thrilled in her photos- but hey, she was there!

You and BG make a beautiful couple-- I hope you got a little alone time at this point.

Your brother is a cutie-- if he werent so young, and I werent married... (okay- maybe not that far)... but he is super cute!! And what a special thing for him to say...:sad1: ...

Congratulations Mrs. Trump :hug:

Angela, you looked gorgeous! That dress looked amazing on you! I love how your dress, necklace, and tiara were all so sparkly! Perfect for a December wedding! Congrats to you and BG :) Thanks for sharing your day with us!

These photos are beautiful!!! You looked stunning. I wish I had a waist and bust like that (I would say that to just anyone-- but you understand).

I love how you had daniel walk you down the isle. That even moves me!!

So why exactly did your MIL not want to be at the wedding? Because her son would actually have to legally sign papers to cut the umbillical cord off? Sounds kinda selfish to me... She didnt look the most thrilled in her photos- but hey, she was there!

You and BG make a beautiful couple-- I hope you got a little alone time at this point.

Your brother is a cutie-- if he werent so young, and I werent married... (okay- maybe not that far)... but he is super cute!! And what a special thing for him to say...:sad1: ...

Congratulations Mrs. Trump :hug:

Thanks, Maggie! Believe me, the bust and waist in that dress was not natural. ;) In fact, I still have indentions in my ribs from the corset.... Then, it just pushed everything UP!!! IYKWIM...:laughing:

Ben is a cutie - he's also a wonderful kid. I have 2 bothers (the other is 19) but I can say Ben is my fave....:hug: :rolleyes1

You looked JUST PERFECT! LOVELY PHOTOS! Congratulations Mrs.Trump

Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

Angela, you looked gorgeous! That dress looked amazing on you! I love how your dress, necklace, and tiara were all so sparkly! Perfect for a December wedding! Congrats to you and BG :) Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Thank you all so much!

Jen - I was a little worried that my necklace would be too much. But, my Mom bought it for me about 8 years ago, with the hopes that I would one day wear it at my wedding. She was so happy that I remembered it. It was my "something old" and I wouldn't have had it any other way....:goodvibes

After the ceremony, we were whisked away by our EC for our formal pictures. The boys were in for a real treat, I had planned an evening for them at the Neverland Club at the Poly. So, the boys were presented with "personalized" candy bars and whisked away by the limo. For most of the boys, this was their first time getting to ride in a limo. So, from what I heard, they had a GREAT time!

P1010086.jpg

Boys in the Limo
HPIM0143.jpg

HPIM0141.jpg

Daphne's husband returned from the Poly, and we all made our way back to the limo. We were driving over to the GF for cake and champagne on Commander's terrace on the 2nd floor.
HPIM0147.jpg

HPIM0149.jpg

HPIM0151.jpg

Our guests were shown the way to the terrace, while BG and I were still working on our formal pictures in the lobby. We were taking pics at the Gingerbread house, the Christmas Tree, the fountain outside, and the grand staircase. While we were standing on the staircase, obviously having pictures taken, people were STILL going up and down the stairs, like it was no big deal that they were in our wedding photos. :confused: BG was getting quite aggravated, so he stepped upstairs to get Daniel to hold people at the top of the stairs so we could finish our pictures.

Ty, our photographer, was also haveing to step away - the battery on his camera had gone down too far, so he was going to get a replacement from his car. I stepped off the stairs and moved over to a table against the wall. A little girl came running up to me, and asked me for my autograph. :cutie: I bent down to her, and looked up at her mother. Her mother asked he what she was doing, and she replied, oh-so-intensely "Mom, I am getting Cinderella's autograph" :laughing:

I politely explained to her that I wasn't Cinderella, I had just gotten married...:cloud9: She looked at me for a second, like I had just told her a whopper of a tale, and she matter-of-factly stated that "She had always dreamed of a Disney wedding too!" She was one of the cutest little girls I had ever had the chance to meet. :cutie:

BG and Ty both returned, and we finished our pictures. Then, we returned to our guests upstairs. We were announced for the first time as "Mr. and Mrs. Trump" and we walked out onto the terrace to the most beautiful cake I had ever seen!

P1010098.jpg

Daphne says this is her favorite picture of us - she says it shows what a "control-freak" I am. I was actually a little upset as I was reviewing the table - things were not the way they were supposed to be. The seating card favors were smaller versions of our white chocolate castle cake-topper. Well, they were on the cake table - what good were they doing on the cake table? They were SUPPOSED to be at their seats in the restaurant so they would know where to sit....:confused: Also, the cake table was to be flanked on either side by Christmas trees, which I paid for from Disney Florist. As you can see, there were no Christmas trees. Just small flower arrangements - I was quite diappointed that things were not right...
P1010099.jpg

We did the ceremonious "Cutting of the Cake" and it was so yummy! (White cake with bavarian cream and fresh raspberries :love: ) I warned BG before we left on our trip that if he smashed the cake in my face, I would push him over the balcony :rotfl: . Luckily, he heeded my warning...;)
P1010102.jpg

P1010103.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010109.jpg

We were presented with special gifts from DFTW.
P1010110.jpg

P1010112.jpg

We stayed on the terrace for about 30 minutes, listening to the violinist, drinking champagne and talking.... the cake and flowers were being moved to Citrico's, where we were having our reception.

FINALLY, FMIL SMILES!!!
P1010113.jpg

P1010114.jpg

After all the champagne was gone, we decided that we needed more. Besides, MIL wanted something other than the water I had for her at the cake table. So, we all squeezed into the elevator and went to the RPC lounge. :idea:

Me, after a couple glasses of champagne :rolleyes1
P1010115.jpg

P1010117.jpg

HPIM0154.jpg

We were appraoched by a Concierge and told that our table was ready at Citrico's - and as a special wedding gift from the Mgr. at the restaurant, we were given the Chef's Domain Table. (***We had looked into booking that room for the reception anyway, but were afraid we wouldn't meet the $750 minmum.)

The Chef's Domain room
HPIM0156.jpg

HPIM0155.jpg

HPIM0159.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

For dinner, each guest was given a personalized menu with their choices - Braised Veal Shank, Filet of Beef, Roasted Chicken with root vegetables, or pan roasted salmon. Each guest was also presented with arroncini (fried risotto with mozzarella cheese) and Shrimp with white wine and feta cheese. I must say - it was the BEST dinner we had the entire trip. It even beat the Cali Grille, and I love that restaurant!:love: For dessert, it was our amazing wedding cake.

We made a long evening of it - Daphne's boys kept calling her cell phone to tell her what a great time they were having at the Neverland Club. I was so glad. Ben was a little nervous about going without me or Mom, as he had never been before. But, he was doing great and having a wonderful time. In fact, they even started a food fight while they were there. (***If any DISer's kid got invovled, I am so sorry. ;) But, I head they had fun while they were doing it...)

Dinner started at 6, and we didn't finish until after 8:45. I had to head to the Poly with Daphne, her DH, and Mom to get the boys - I was charging it all to our room. So, I hurried upstairs to change out of my dress...:sad1: I didn't want to, but I also didn't want to ride the monorail wearing it. So, I put on a pair of capri's and a sweatjacket. I left my tiara on, so I am sure people were looking at me like "Who does she think she is, wearing a tiara?" :laughing: I didn't care.

It was 9:15 when we finally got the boys out of the Club - BG and I had a reservation for the Sleigh Ride at the Wilderness Lodge. But, the day had been so long, and I was tired, so I offered it to Daphne and her family. They didn't have much time to get over there, so her DH walked back to the GF from the Poly to meet her at the door with the car to make it to the WL in time. From what I heard, they had a good time. They said it was quite and private, and the boys really loved it. I was so glad...:yay:

Mom, Ben and I went back up to the 3rd floor lounge to meet my MIL, Daniel and BG- for the first time, my DH. :groom: It had been a long day, so after 1 final glass of wine and a couple of cream puffs ;) (Hey, don't judge me!! My dress had a corset in it, so when I took it off, I still hade plenty of room!! :lmao: ) BG and I headed back to our room for a nice night. We sat on the couch and snuggles while we talked about what a wonderful day it had been. Our wedding had been everything I hoped it would be - despite a few mishaps.

Then, it was off to dream land. We had an early morning - we were taking Mom and Ben to Epcot! and our first day as husband and wife....:bride: :groom:

Angela,

Just spent some time catching up -- ohh everything was SO beautiful.

I just loved your cake...and your dress was FANTASTIC!!!!

Wasn't Citricos just amazing? DH and I still talk about that meal and he even bought the Disney Cooks cooking book for the shrimp & feta receipe. He's made it a few time...boy I'm a lucky girl!

Angela,

Just spent some time catching up -- ohh everything was SO beautiful.

I just loved your cake...and your dress was FANTASTIC!!!!

Wasn't Citricos just amazing? DH and I still talk about that meal and he even bought the Disney Cooks cooking book for the shrimp & feta receipe. He's made it a few time...boy I'm a lucky girl!

You are lucky!! Willing to share, just for the cooking?? :lmao:

I loved Citrico's - it and the Cali Grille are our tradition every trip. It just doesn't feel like Disney without eating at those 2 restaurants...:cloud9:

Thanks for the compliments on the dress - I loved it, it was EXACTLY what I wanted... :love:

I'm new to the board and just got finished reading your trip report. Thank you so much for sharing! Your pictures were absolutely beautiful!

Angela thanks for sharing your pictures. You looked beautiful and I've enjoyed reading your recaps.

Angela, your wedding was absolutely beautiful! I had always wanted to get married in December and I would have chosen red as my color and had snowflakes on my cake :goodvibes You have great taste!

I'm sorry the cake table was not set up how you wanted it. It did look lovely though. That would have really aggrivated me too. Did you ask your EM or florist what happened to the Christmas trees you were supposed to have?

Your dress is amazing and you made a beautiful bride! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter