Happily Ever After... Angela and BG..12/21/06 - WP/Citrico's DISNEY PHOTO LINK ADDED

I was at MVMCP the night before you were, it was so much fun! Wow Space Mtn looks so different with the lights on.

I cannot wait to hear about your wedding day :)

After seeing Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas, I wanted to watch the first of the Christmas parades. BG and I did MVMCP the year before, and we bought tickets for his parents, too. However, being the grateful parents that they were, they left 30 minutes into the party. So, this year I wanted to make sure we saw everything. The fact that DEx was with us wasn't going to slow me down a bit....

Highlights from the parade
DSC01445.jpg

DSC01451-1.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01460.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

From there, it was on to IASW. FINALLY, I got to see the clock!!:cool1:
DSC01468.jpg

We also rode Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan's Flight. Then, it was time for the Holiday Wishes. I had every intention of watching this from Casey's Corner on Main Street - but DEx wanted to stop and look at EVERYTHING!! I know, I know - I like to look at everything too. But, come on! "Wow, look at the roof, they are spraying water. I wonder what for?" :confused: I just wanted to grab him by the hair and drag him to Main Street.

You know what they say about the best well laid plans.... well we watched Holiday Wishes beisde of the Carousel. It wasn't the best location, but we made do. We would lean our heads this way.... then that way.... then back to this way..... then straight up! It was not the most comfortable position, but the fireworks were, as usual, beautiful. :cutie:

By this time, it was about 11:00 - so we made our way to Main Street to do some shopping. We purchased some of the pins that were exclusive to the event, a mug for every person we knew (they were on sale for 4.99 :woohoo: ) and a couple of sweatshirts for BG, Daniel, and I. By the time we got back to the resort, we were stuffed full of cookies and cocoa and it was about midnight.

Side note - while we were in the Emporium buying stuff, we also put DEx's items on our ticket so we would be able to add one of the Mickey blankets. Needless to say this was about to bite up in the.... :scared1: well, you know.... Also, on the way out, and on the monorail back to the GF, DEx starting complaining that we didn't feed him and how awful we were. "He drove the whole 45 minutes to see us and we didn't let him get anything to eat!" I mean, SHEESH!! I *not-so-politely* explained to him that HE was the one that was late for our dinner ressie, and had he BEEN on time, he would have had a wonderful dinner. Not to mention, there were plenty of places for him to grab something in the park, it was HIS fault he didn't eat. - End side note

Tree at the Contemporary - taken from the Monorail
DSC01474.jpg

When we got back to the GF, we said our good-byes, and DEx said he would see us Thursday for the wedding. We mentioned to him that he needed to be at the GF NO LATER than 3 pm, the wedding started at 3:15 (it really didn't start until 4, but I learned my lesson earlier on that day :rolleyes: ). We walked him to the staircase and told him how to get back to his car - no one even offered to help him. Then, we went back to the room to get ready for the next day....

Upon arriving to the room, I noticed the "Message" light on the phone was blinking. In the past, when we have stayed at the GF in RPC, we would have a nightly message with the weather and park hours for the next day. We didn't have that service this trip, so I was surprised when the light was on. So, I retrieved the message and heard Joe's voice. He was telling BG and I that he was leaving for the night, but to make sure we come down to the Concierge desk tomorrow morning, that he had a surprise for us. He said to be sure not to be there before 9 am, and to only talk to Mejay. :confused:

I couldn't imagine what the surprise was, but I was excited. I mean, who wouldn't be? :cool1:

So, it was off to dream-land to dream about the wonderful surprise yet to come....:yay:

Coming up - our AMAZING surprise, and a wonderful afternoon on the Seven Seas Lagoon....

you have me wanting to know what that surprise is!! I love your photos-- sounds like you had a good time at MVMCP-- although you did have the unwanted guest.

Great TR!

I awoke, yet again, to Stitch screaming in my ear. Now, I don't mind the funny little creature, in fact he puts me in my mind of my little poochy. But, that morning, I just wasn't in the mood. Then, I remembered....:cool1: - I was getting a surprise that morning!!! :banana: :woohoo:

I woke the rest of the Motley Crew - and made my way to the shower. Daniel and BG were having their "guy's day" at the AK, so I didn't have really anything to get ready for. But I wanted to start my day off with a nice long shower - while there was still hot water. Daniel had yet to take his....:rolleyes: I have never met someone who takes ssssoooooo long in the shower.....

FMIL and I were staying behind to get some clothes washed and pressed - and I wanted to call my mother to see where she and my little brother were on the road. They had left her house around 4 am, and I wanted to make sure they were doing well with their travels.

By the time we had all taken our showers, it wsa around 9:15 and I was waiting for BG by the door..... So, he and I headed to the Concierge desk on the 3rd floor.... I was so :yay: :yay: that I couldn't stand myself! But, when we got to the Concierge, Mejay was working with another guest. Dan was available, but I told him "Thank you, but we need to speak to Mejay"... So, we waited about 15 more minutes before she was available. It was then when Mejay told us our surprise.....

Are you ready for this???

It's really big!!!

Something I wouldn't have expected.......

Are you sure you're ready????

Okay - I'll tell you........

WE WERE GETTING OUR OWN ROOM FOR THE REMAINDER OF OUR TRIP!!!!!

That's right - Joe and some of the other CMs had provided some MAJOR pixie dust and had moved me and BG into a Honeymoon room for our wedding.... It was ready right then!!

Pics of our room
DSC01510.jpg

DSC01511.jpg

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01509.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

I told BG and Daniel to go on to the AK, I would be the wonderful one to move our stuff (of course, I didn't mention I would seek help from the Bellman...;) ) while I was working on the laundry. Besides, Carolyn Allen was coming to steam my dress, and I needed to take it out of the bag so that it could breathe for a while in our SPACIOUS room....:love:

After I ironed everyone's clothes for our dinner at the California Grille, and took my beautiful, huge dress out of the bag, I headed back to FMIL's room to check on her. Daniel and BG had called to let us know they were on the bus back to the GF and to meet them downstairs at the Gingerbread house. They also had a surprise for us.

We met BG and Daniel downstairs and they led us out to the Marina. Now, FMIL has never been on a boat. In fact, she can't swim and has never had any want to be on a boat. But, as a relaxing treat, BG had rented a pontoon from the Marina and we were going to paddle leisurely around the Seven Seas Lagoon.

BG, FMIL, and Daniel as we left the Marina
DSC01476.jpg

Views from our boatride
DSC01479.jpg

DSC01477.jpg

We can see our room!!!
DSC01484.jpg

We were getting married here the next day!!! I couldn't wait!!!:yay:
DSC01486.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

What is up with all of the tennis shoes in the tree??
DSC01498.jpg

A lonely pelican
DSC01502.jpg

FMIL, Daniel, and BG in front of the MK
DSC01506.jpg

FMIL, BG, and me
DSC01507.jpg

We returned to the GF just in time to meet Carolyn Allen to steam my dress and to start getting ready for our dinner at the CG.

We returned to the lobby just as my cell phone was ringing. It was my Mom!! I was so excited she was here - she and my brother opted to stay at the ASMu :-)confused: :confused3 ) and they had just taken all of their luggage into her room. She also wanted to tell me that she hadn't had time to have her dress altered, and asked if there was anyone at the GF who could hem it for her??? WHAT??? The wedding is the NEXT day!!!!:scared1:

I told her not to worry, just bring it over when she came to meet us to go to dinner at the California Grille. She said that it had been a long drive and she would prefer to not go out to dinner that night. She and Ben would just pick something up at the Food Court and try to rest up for the big day. So, I told her that was fine and I would come over to her resort after we ate to pick up her dress.

BG's cell phone had also rang, and it was Carolyn Allen. She was in the lobby, so we met her near the elevator and took her up to the room to steam my dress.

Carolyn steaming my wedding dress
DSC01521.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

I told her that I wasn't trying to be rude while she was there, but we were late to get ready for dinner at the CG. She said it was no problem, and that my dress was absolutely beautiful. She had never seen one like that before...
I have to say, I agree with her. But, then again, I am a little bias :love: .

I took a VERY quick shower and re-straightened my hair. For dinner, I had a cream pair of silk trousers and a black sweater with mink fur that came off the shoulder... I was a little worried that my pants wouldn't fit - after all, we had been staying Concierge all week. But, apparently that room was filled with :wizard: because they still fit perfectly!

At dinner, BG and I had on our "Just Married" buttons, and Daniel wore his "Happy Birthday" button too. We got to the lounge on the 14th floor, and we were being seated far away from the wonderful view. Then, the hostess saw Daniel's button and said "Oh, no!! The birthday boy has to sit next to the window!!":rolleyes: What the ^%$#?? What about the couple that were spending LOADS of money to get married the next day?? I know they had no way of knowing that, but still... Sheesh!!!:guilty:

As an appetizer, we had the three cheese and sundried tomato flat bread
DSC01532.jpg

For dinner, I had the scallops with brocolini, carrots, and red wine rissoto
DSC01533.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

BG and FMIL both had the filet with gorgonzola potato gratin
DSC01536.jpg

Daniel had heard great things about the Sushi chef at the CG, so he had the "Snake in the Grass"
DSC01535.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

The view from our table
DSC01527.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

After dinner, we "rolled" eachother back to the GF, as we were all pretty stuffed. I went to the room and quickly changed my clothes. Joe had made arrangements for a driver to take me over to the ASMu to meet my mom and pick up her dress. BG didn't want me to go by myself, so Daniel asked if he could go too. So, Orlando (a really nice CM whom BG and I met on a previous trip) drove the 2 of us over to the other resort. Mom and Ben were waiting for us at the lobby. We made plans with Orlando to pick us back up in about 45 minutes, and we headed inside to a tired mother and a very hyper :yay: 8 year old....

The 4 of us went over to Mom and Ben's room to get her dress and she mentioned that traffic in Jacksonville was horrible. I helped Mom try on her dress so I could pin it to be altered, and then she and Ben were ready for bed. Or, should I say - she was ready for bed - Ben wanted to go to the pool...:dance3:

Daniel and I walked back over to the lobby to meet Orlando, and we went back to the GF. On return, I stopped at the Concierge desk to ask Joe how to get my Mom's dress fixed. He said not to worry about it, he would take care of it and would return it to us no later than 2 the next day. Boy, he is a great CM! I couldn't believe he was going to altar her dress himself!! Disney should really give that man a raise!!

After that, it was back to the room. I had to wash my hair for the stylist the next day - and I was exhausted.... Besides, I was getting married the next day!!! :bride: :cheer2:

Coming up - The MK, I can't BELIEVE I am this late, and THE WEDDING DAY!!!

Amazing surprise!! What pixie dust you and BG got!! Amazing!! Congrats... that room is beautiful!:hug:

Joe really is amazing! I knew the minute I met him he would take care of us! what floor was your room on? everything inyour room is backwards from everything hat was in our room!

We were on the 5th floor - I spoke with BG and I told you wrong, we were in room 4030. It was the backwards of the room you were in, but we could still see the castle. I think that is what had me confused....:lmao:

We were on the 5th floor - I spoke with BG and I told you wrong, we were in room 4030. It was the backwards of the room you were in, but we could still see the castle. I think that is what had me confused....:lmao:

haha ok. b/c I got really confused! r u now as spoiled as I am? I know we will probably never be able to afford that again, so now every time I go to teh GF I will look up at our room and *sigh*

That's such a great surprise!! Congrats on the private room, and I can't wait to hear about the wedding day.

haha ok. b/c I got really confused! r u now as spoiled as I am? I know we will probably never be able to afford that again, so now every time I go to teh GF I will look up at our room and *sigh*

Heather, that was our 4th time RPC, 2nd time in that room. I love it there, but I am happy anywhere in WDW :thumbsup2

It is DH that is the spoiled one.... he loves having all of the food around...:lmao:

Again, I was awoken by Stitch screaming in my ear "NO SLEEPING!!" - I rolled over in our large bed, in a room free of other people and saw that BG was still asleep. So, I did what any other wonderful wife-to-be would do - I started jumping on the bed!!! :lmao:

BG finally became coherant enough to call his Mom and Daniel to make sure they were awake - and he was promptly interrupted by a harsh knock on the door. He hung up the phone and realized that, indeed, Daniel and his Mom were awake - they were standing in our doorway with goofy grins....:rotfl2:

I called my Mom and brother to see if they would like to meet us at the MK for an early morning - so we agreed to meet at 9 in front of the Christmas tree. Being my goofy Mom, she asked me if she would know where thr Christmas tree is??? :sad2: I told her not to worry, go through the turnstiles, under the train station, and she wouldn't miss it!:goodvibes

Needless to say - when she saw the tree, she knew why I was being so silly with her...:rotfl:

The MK - December 21
DSC01538.jpg

From Main Street - we went to Toontown. Mickey and Minnie's house was very tastefully decorated for the Holidays

Minnie's Christmas tree
DSC01540.jpg

Minnie was baking our wedding cake :lmao:
DSC01545.jpg

I love this picture of Minnie
DSC01542.jpg

Mickey's Christmas tree
DSC01548.jpg

Mickey was so great to put a stocking on the mantle for Pluto and Minnie
DSC01549.jpg

FMIL said Mickey needs to finish the work on his kitchen...
DSC01551.jpg

We were coming from Mickey's garage when BG and I were stopped by a CM and a Manager - both wearing YOAMD attire. We were questioned about our honeymoon, and my Mom joked that we hadn't made it to the honeymoon yet. I explained that we were getting married that afternoon. So, as our ONLY YOAMD gift, the Manager bestowed us with 2 of the "Pixie Dust" pins. They are meant to be be seperated, giving one to another family to spread the pixie dust. But we were told to each keep one, pin them in our attire, and they would give us pixie dust for our wedding... They are just beautiful.:goodvibes

DSC01560.jpg

We were leaving the MK when Ben decided he was hungry. So, we made a stop by Cosmic Ray's to grab a light lunch. BG and Ben had hamburgers, FMIL had soup and a salad, and Mom and I split a grilled chicken caesar salad. Daniel said he wasn't hungry, so he just had a tea.

A VERY large bird we saw at Cosmic Ray's
DSC01539.jpg

The Castle
DSC01562.jpg

We returned to the GF on the monorail and headed up to our rooms to get ready. BG and I weren't going to see eachother from 12:30 until the wedding, so the plan was for FMIL, me, and my Mom to get ready in my big honeymoon room - with BG, Daniel, and Ben getting ready in the other room. That didn't quite go as planned. FMIL started getting very upset about the whole day - so Ben came with me and Mom, while FMIL went back to her room with BG and Daniel.

yikes-- im not getting such good vibes from the getting ready process. Lets hope it went smoothly with FMIL.

I must admit though-- Im jealous about your pins!! I love them-- very collectable too!

Great Trip Report... And the pics are beautiful.. I was in Disney on Dec. 16. I wonder if we passed by each other..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter