HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 pages already??? We might need part 3 before the middle of October if this keeps up!

Loving all the pictures!

Only 7 more days to go!!!!

That's what I was thinking!!:rotfl2: This is why I left Part 1 open - we still have a tiny little space left to fill there. But it's good to get people accustomed to making the transition over here as well, so it won't be an abrupt closing of that thread out of the blue. And it was good to start this thread off with a bang in the way of VictoriaAndMatt's excellent photos!!

I thanked VictoriaAndMatt over in Part 1, but I will thank her again here!:worship::worship:

I meant to say thank you in this thread last night, but I got distracted because I was trying to juggle several things at one time, one of which was discovering that someone stole a whole bunch of photos from one of my Facebook albums (like more than 120 photos and counting) and put them up on another website without my permission, without giving me credit and without even asking if it was okay to do it. Someone tipped me off to the fact that someone was using my pictures on two different websites. I am trying to now figure out a way to get this, um....person (and I am being G-rated here)...to take down the photos from his page, as he is claiming them to be HIS.:mad::mad: People are evil, I tell you.

Anyway, so I got sidetracked last night, but I wanted to thank you, VictoriaAndMatt, for posting so many wonderful photos here and in the other thread. The photos really make an impact - the colors are wonderful, the treats and merchandise look tempting, and you've shown us a few details that we have not previously seen. You did a fantastic job of getting a full range of photos, covering all aspects of the season, from characters to food to souvenirs to decorations, etc. And the DCA decorations (if you can even call them that) are very sad. Pitiful, actually!!

I don't blame you for being tired after 5 days - that is a lot to take in!! You need to rest!!

I am looking so forward to having you on our Christmas thread next year, as I can't wait to see what your photographic contributions will be!!:goodvibes

On the MHP post, it would be good to put the times of the Cavalcade and the fireworks that Heather put on the blog... they can be changed if it changes...

I thanked VictoriaAndMatt over in Part 1, but I will thank her again here!:worship::worship:

I meant to say thank you in this thread last night, but I got distracted because I was trying to juggle several things at one time, one of which was discovering that someone stole a whole bunch of photos from one of my Facebook albums (like more than 120 photos and counting) and put them up on another website without my permission, without giving me credit and without even asking if it was okay to do it. Someone tipped me off to the fact that someone was using my pictures on two different websites. I am trying to now figure out a way to get this, um....person (and I am being G-rated here)...to take down the photos from his page, as he is claiming them to be HIS.:mad::mad: People are evil, I tell you.

That is horrible!! Why would someone do that? Is he someone you were friends with on Facebook?

That is horrible!! Why would someone do that? Is he someone you were friends with on Facebook?

No. It's someone I have never heard of before. As far as I can tell, this idiot was a "friend of a friend" on FB. I had my FB settings adjusted so that friends of friends could view my albums. View my albums, not steal the photos from them.

Anyway, I have a bunch of old Bret Michaels/Poison pictures in my Facebook albums - like photos from 1985 and things like that. Of course, Bret is now famous and has been in the news quite a lot in the last year. I also have old pictures of other old Sunset Strip bands like Warrant and one of the guys who is in the band RATT, etc. All old, vintage stuff.

I shared these photos with my friends from back in the Sunset Strip days, and one of them starting tagging photos left and right. She must have drawn attention to my album with all of these pictures, and so this 'guy' who was on her friend list managed to upload about 126 of my photos (at last count; I am sure he added more) to a public website where they gossip about guys in those sorts of bands from 'back in the day,' as well as to his own album on Photobucket. He designs t-shirts, from what I could figure out, so he looks for photos to put on t-shirts.

So even though I have now blocked everyone from being able to view the album on my FB page (including my actual friends, which is sad), this fool has stolen all of my photos and put them on Photobucket, intending to do who-knows-what with them, so he can just post them wherever he wants and make money. And I am in many of these photos too - I don't want my face plastered all over these websites.

I'm trying to figure out how to stop this guy. I sent him a FB message, which he ignored, of course. As I said, people are just evil.:sad2:

No. It's someone I have never heard of before. As far as I can tell, this idiot was a "friend of a friend" on FB. I had my FB settings adjusted so that friends of friends could view my albums. View my albums, not steal the photos from them.

Anyway, I have a bunch of old Bret Michaels/Poison pictures in my Facebook albums - like photos from 1985 and things like that. Of course, Bret is now famous and has been in the news quite a lot in the last year. I also have old pictures of other old Sunset Strip bands like Warrant and one of the guys who is in the band RATT, etc. All old, vintage stuff.

I shared these photos with my friends from back in the Sunset Strip days, and one of them starting tagging photos left and right. She must have drawn attention to my album with all of these pictures, and so this 'guy' who was on her friend list managed to upload about 126 of my photos (at last count; I am sure he added more) to a public website where they gossip about guys in those sorts of bands from 'back in the day,' as well as to his own album on Photobucket. He designs t-shirts, from what I could figure out, so he looks for photos to put on t-shirts.

So even though I have now blocked everyone from being able to view the album on my FB page (including my actual friends, which is sad), this fool has stolen all of my photos and put them on Photobucket, intending to do who-knows-what with them, so he can just post them wherever he wants and make money. And I am in many of these photos too - I don't want my face plastered all over these websites.

I'm trying to figure out how to stop this guy. I sent him a FB message, which he ignored, of course. As I said, people are just evil.:sad2:

Oh no!! That is AWFUL! Can you try to get in contact with the FB admin people or whatever? Someone who has the power to do something to him whether he responds or not. I'd also contact Photobucket's support and let them know the photos are stolen and need to be removed, etc. People really do suck sometimes. What a crap head.

I'm sorry to hear what happen on your FB Sherry.

It's a shame that people who try to steal pictures or other information on other people websites and put it on there websites and say that they did it themselves. That is low and not giving credit to the person who put up the pictures.

I'm really sorry to hear about your trouble, Sherry.

I had similar problems during my time as a wrestling fan - photos snagged, copied, sold... there's one picture that had 7 people claiming they took it.

That was before the days of Facebook though, so I'm afraid I won't be of any help there. My problem was Ebay, and thankfully they removed the listings when I reported them. Might be worth a try with Photobucket too.

That's the very reason I won't post any pictures online anymore that are large enough to reprint properly or use elsewhere.

Oh no!! That is AWFUL! Can you try to get in contact with the FB admin people or whatever? Someone who has the power to do something to him whether he responds or not. I'd also contact Photobucket's support and let them know the photos are stolen and need to be removed, etc. People really do suck sometimes. What a crap head.

This fool appears to not have posted any of my stolen photos on his FB page. I guess he figured it was too easy for me to find them there. He probably didn't think anyone would tip me off to his Photobucket album. I am going to send a message to Photobucket's support and see what they say, but I don't hold out too much hope. This guy seems to not care at all. In fact, he posted more of my photos on Photobucket after I sent him the message on FB. He is unconcerned.

And my computer hates Photobucket so much - I had the worst time even trying to get into this guy's album to see the pictures he stole from me!!:rotfl2:

I'm sorry to hear what happen on your FB Sherry.

It's a shame from people who try to steal pictures or other information on other people websites and put it on there websites and say that they did it themselves.

Thanks, Bret. It is a shame. Unfortunately, this guy saw a famous face in the pictures and just wanted to take my photos, probably figuring that there is not much I will do or can do to stop them. But some people have no morals or ethics or common courtesy - it is amazing, isn't it?

I'm really sorry to hear about your trouble, Sherry.

I had similar problems during my time as a wrestling fan - photos snagged, copied, sold... there's one picture that had 7 people claiming they took it.

That was before the days of Facebook though, so I'm afraid I won't be of any help there. My problem was Ebay, and thankfully they removed the listings when I reported them. Might be worth a try with Photobucket too.

That's the very reason I won't post any pictures online anymore that are large enough to reprint properly or use elsewhere.

Yikes, Vala! People are horrible! At least Ebay had the decency to take the listings down for you. I am going to contact Photobucket and see what happens. Unfortunately, once photos are posted anywhere on the Internet, it becomes almost fair game - even though the decent thing to do is ask permission.

I have even had Bret (Michaels, not Bret in this thread)'s own tour manager contact me and ask permission to use my photos in his book and on his website - and she sent me a release to sign for permission. That's the way it is supposed to be handled. That's the legal way. You are not supposed to just copy photos and then use them for your own purposes.

I mean, heck, there are tons of wonderful DLR photos posted here on the DIS that I would like to claim as my own and use for various purposes - but they are not my photos so I can't do that!!

On the MHP post, it would be good to put the times of the Cavalcade and the fireworks that Heather put on the blog... they can be changed if it changes...

Sounds like a great idea!! The MHP post is actually a work in progress and it's going to be a general party information post - including overall info/facts about the yearly parties and not only the MHP. But in addition to the general info about the parties and what they have to offer, Liza will also have the details for this year's party.

Hopping aboard!

:cool1:

Woo hoo! Hopping aboard the Halloween Time Boogie Train!! :dancer::dancer:

I had the same problem with Ebay Vala. I had a lot of people took my pictures when I posted pictures on Ebay, but I had my name on each of my pictures and they removed those people listings on the site. I also thought that it would be good to to promote my name from other Ebayers accounts. But in the end, I got Ebay to remove the listings on other people accounts that had my name on the item.

Thanks, Bret. It is a shame. Unfortunately, this guy saw a famous face in the pictures and just wanted to take my photos, probably figuring that there is not much I will do or can do to stop them. But some people have no morals or ethics or common courtesy - it is amazing, isn't it?

I agree with what you are saying that people have no class of giving other people credit for the work of others. I hope that you can stop this guy from taking your pictures and take them off the sites.

Sounds like a great idea!! The MHP post is actually a work in progress and it's going to be a general party information post - including overall info/facts about the yearly parties and not only the MHP. But in addition to the general info about the parties and what they have to offer, Liza will also have the details for this year's party.

I will there on the first night of MHP (Oct. 1st) and hope to give you much info I can. I will take as many pictures and videotaping when MHP starts at 5pm and possibly to closing time.

I will there on the first night of MHP (Oct. 1st) and hope to give you much info I can. I will take as many pictures and videotaping when MHP starts at 5pm and possibly to closing time.

Looking forward to your report. Can't wait to hear how the fireworks go and how early you have to stake out a good spot.

Here and subbing :) :woohoo:

Sherry, I don't even know what to say :( I would feel so violated, really. :grouphug:

Just wanted to mention that ds and I are watching Mickey's Treat, the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Halloween dvd this morning! :) Getting ready!! It's great for little ones, not scary at all, and Minnie Mouse is in the very same witch costume that she wears at the parks. :goodvibes

Awesome!!!

4 pages into the thread already. It will give me something to read today. (Our daughter caught a flu bug that is going around. Luckily, she caught it early as opposed to getting sick the day before our trip.)

Off I go to read through the comments...

Another Twitter post from Disneyland this morning! :cheer2: This is available at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.

Create Your Own Haunted Gingerbread House!

Kids of all ages are invited to participate in this bewitching Halloween season event. The Gingerbread Workshop is sure to be a deliciously devilish experience for the whole family! The kids can be involved in the entire process of creating their very own haunted gingerbread house — from the construction to the decorative touches.
The workshop kicks off with Chef Darrin Finkel leading a hands-on assembly demonstration of a gingerbread house. Then, we'll dive into the fun stuff — adding ghoulish and ghostly touches with handfuls of candy. Make your gingerbread house the spookiest on the block!
All ages (children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult) are welcome October 23, 24 and 30 2010, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Reserve today! Call (714) 776-5200, Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Reservation line opens on September 13, 2010. The cost is $45.00 plus tax per Gingerbread Kit (includes gingerbread house and candy, special treat for the kids, unlimited sodas and 2 reserved seats). Additional seats sold for $10.00 each.
Advance payment by credit card is required for reservation confirmation. Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen will not be responsible for the assembly, holding or transporting of gingerbread houses.
If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/special-offers/downtown-disney/gingerbread-house-workshop/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter