HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI - we are coming from Australia to California in October with our boys aged 4 and 7, and are going to go to the Halloween Party on Tues Oct 23!! In Australia Halloween is not really a big thing, so we are very excited!

Do most of the adults dress up too, or is it mainly the kids? We don't know whether to bring costumes with us or just buy some when we arrive (we land at LAX on the 20th).

Do most of the adults dress up too, or is it mainly the kids?
Adults & kids both dress up. Anything from simple theme T-shirts to full blown costumes. But there are also many adults & kids w/o costumes too.

I dress up because, where else can an adult dress up & go Trick or Treating?

This brings up my current dilema. We got rid of all our strollers and hadn't planned on taking one to DL. But then I started to think about 2 late nights at DL and a sleepy (probably asleep) 4 yo and tierd adults. Would a cheap umbrella stroller get in the way at the HP? We can rent a DL one, but I don't want to sort through them all to find ours. Also I had considered bringing one and stashing it someplace until my son got too tierd and then getting it.

Any thoughts?

I would probably bring a stroller for a 4 year old, especially if you're planning to stay late nights. We did the WDW MNSSHP last year with our 4.5 year old and 1 year old, and only brought one stroller for the baby which we regretted, because the 4.5 year old got tired too, then DH ended up carrying him a lot, or I would carry the 1 year old and let the 4.5 year old sit in the stroller.

The stroller we had didn't get in the way for the party any more than it did other times in the trip. I don't know about a cheap umbrella supporting a 4 year old enough though, depends on the size of the kid probably.

Does anyone know if the DL halloween party tickets sell out far in advance? We're probably looking at the 10/15 party, if that matters.

I would probably bring a stroller for a 4 year old, especially if you're planning to stay late nights. We did the WDW MNSSHP last year with our 4.5 year old and 1 year old, and only brought one stroller for the baby which we regretted, because the 4.5 year old got tired too, then DH ended up carrying him a lot, or I would carry the 1 year old and let the 4.5 year old sit in the stroller.

The stroller we had didn't get in the way for the party any more than it did other times in the trip. I don't know about a cheap umbrella supporting a 4 year old enough though, depends on the size of the kid probably.

I second this absolutely! We brought our 18mo old, 4 year old and 6 year old daughters and have a double stroller. Baby sits in back and I just remove the tray from the front seat so either the 4 or 6 year old can sit in that seat for a rest. BOTH of them used it. Total life saver! Walking so much is hard on little ones, even up to 7 or 8 years old. :)

We're bringing our umbrella stroller and our daughter is turning 8, she's on the small side but she still gets tired from all that walking and staying up late. Plus, it's nice to have the stroller to leave your stuff on when you're going on rides, I'll really miss the stroller for that reason!

HI - we are coming from Australia to California in October with our boys aged 4 and 7, and are going to go to the Halloween Party on Tues Oct 23!! In Australia Halloween is not really a big thing, so we are very excited!

Do most of the adults dress up too, or is it mainly the kids? We don't know whether to bring costumes with us or just buy some when we arrive (we land at LAX on the 20th).

Hi Dyljon!
Please do not buy costumes from the airport. You will be paying a ridiculous amount for something either you will wear once or cheaply made. I would hate to see you do that to yourself.
If your boys have Woody/Buzz/Mike/Sulley whatever pajamas they like to wear they could do that or have tee shirts made up with something for the 4 of you that say something like "Boo from Downunder" with Mickey and an Aussie hat. something like that. If your boys really want costumes there are Walmarts and Targets in the Anaheim area.
And even at that dont feel like you have to dress up at all.
I hope you have fun with this!

Thanks for the replies. I didn't mean we'd buy from the airport, was thinking more along the lines of Target. We would like to dress up simply because nobody really does here, so it's a great chance to do it. The T-shirts are a great idea though.We're also going to be staying in LA (Hollywood Celebrity Hotel) for actual Halloween so the boys can wear their costumes trick or treating then too I guess. We've been told that lots of kids trick or treat around that area, is that correct? (sorry, off topic I know...)

Just a question about Halloween party tickets - I'm a bit uneasy. My husband bought AP discount tickets online about an hour after they went on sale on Monday. The confirmation email came through straight away, and the transaction went through on the bank statement, however the second email with the e-tickets did not. He called and spoke to a CM who told him the email had been sent, but had not arrived, and could not be sent again, but we could just bring along the confirmation email and exchange that for tickets (don't know where, my husband didn't ask!)

Has anyone had this happen in previous years? Where did you take your confirmation email to? did it all go ok??

Just a question about Halloween party tickets - I'm a bit uneasy. My husband bought AP discount tickets online about an hour after they went on sale on Monday. The confirmation email came through straight away, and the transaction went through on the bank statement, however the second email with the e-tickets did not. He called and spoke to a CM who told him the email had been sent, but had not arrived, and could not be sent again, but we could just bring along the confirmation email and exchange that for tickets (don't know where, my husband didn't ask!)

Has anyone had this happen in previous years? Where did you take your confirmation email to? did it all go ok??

This happened to me when I purchased regular tickets in 2009, except I never got the confirmation email, having entered the wrong email address. :eek: They advised me to bring my credit card and confirmation number to the ticket booths and I could get my tickets. It did take probably 10 minutes (it felt more like 30, being so close to the park and unable to get in!) and the CM had to go to the back, but eventually they gave us our tickets.

Since you have the confirmation email (I didn't) I think you will be fine. I suggest you bring the card you charged the tickets to, just in case it's needed.

Party participants will be me, DH, DS-4 and DS-almost 2. Any insight provided is greatly appreciated. :)

• Schedule: Does Disneyland provide a schedule in advance? Will one be provided as we enter the park? I'm specifically interested in the times for parades, fireworks, character meet and greet. Is there a special Halloween Fantasmic? For the characters - do they tell you which characters will be out and where? Will they provide a map that shows where the trick-or-treating will be located?
  • Parking: Is it true that the Halloween Party tickets inlcude free parking? What time of the day can you start parking for free? My boys are little and I think staying up until midnight will be hard. So I was thinking we would spend the day at the hotel enjoying the pool and then getting them down for naps. After naps we will drive to the park rather than dealing with the hotel shuttle. Historically what has the parking situation been like?
  • Party Plan of Action: The party is our last night at the park after spending a whole week. We probably won't ride many rides. I think we will be focussing on the things that are unique to the party such as characters, parades, fireworks, trick-or-treating. What other types of things are unique to the parties? Any recommendations for a plan of action? I've read that we should try to see characters earlier rather than later.

Thank you.

Hi all! Please bare with me as I havent read thru all the pages of comments, so I dont know if this has already been asked. We are annual Halloween Party go-ers. We normally attend the party in mid-October, but since we are Military, and with Disney's military promo going away, we are thinking about heading to the parks the last week of September. So, my question is....with the Halloween party starting Sept 28th does anyone expect it to be crazy busy? Now, I know it is always crazy...but will it be busier than other dates?

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks for the replies. I didn't mean we'd buy from the airport, was thinking more along the lines of Target. We would like to dress up simply because nobody really does here, so it's a great chance to do it. The T-shirts are a great idea though.We're also going to be staying in LA (Hollywood Celebrity Hotel) for actual Halloween so the boys can wear their costumes trick or treating then too I guess. We've been told that lots of kids trick or treat around that area, is that correct? (sorry, off topic I know...)

If you are coming from Australia a great place to buy costumes is http://www.costumebox.com.au/home.php

We (a group of 15 women) plan to be in cosume for the 28th September!

Sandie

Hi all! Please bare with me as I havent read thru all the pages of comments, so I dont know if this has already been asked. We are annual Halloween Party go-ers. We normally attend the party in mid-October, but since we are Military, and with Disney's military promo going away, we are thinking about heading to the parks the last week of September. So, my question is....with the Halloween party starting Sept 28th does anyone expect it to be crazy busy? Now, I know it is always crazy...but will it be busier than other dates?

Thanks for your help!!
I would say Yes. It is the first party night and it is on a Friday. This date will more than likely sell out.

Ok, today is the day for us "regular" people to get to buy party tickets!! YES! So where can we buy them? Do we just have to call? I don't see a link to purchase them online, except for AP. Sooooo excited!! We got our rental car with a really low bid on Priceline yesterday, so that checks off flight, hotel AND car! Ready to check off these Halloween Party tickets too! Then it's just magic mountain tics, knotts haunt and a city pass! Is it time to go yet???!! :D

Ok, today is the day for us "regular" people to get to buy party tickets!! YES! So where can we buy them? Do we just have to call? I don't see a link to purchase them online, except for AP. Sooooo excited!! We got our rental car with a really low bid on Priceline yesterday, so that checks off flight, hotel AND car! Ready to check off these Halloween Party tickets too! Then it's just magic mountain tics, knotts haunt and a city pass! Is it time to go yet???!! :D

You can purchase HP tickets online here (the button is at the bottom): http://disneyland.disney.go.com/special-offers/mickeys-halloween-party/

Thanks! That is where I visited this morning, but the link wasn't up yet to purchase. I see it's there now! YIPEE!!! Soooo excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter