HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a quick question: On the days with the parties, is it smarter to avoid DL because the party-goers will go early to get the most out of their party day, or is the park generally less crowded during the day on a party day because non-party-goers figure it's pointless to go and party attendees go later so they're not falling asleep at the party? Did that make sense?? Lol

Our first day there will be 10/5 and there's a party that night, and I can't figure out if we should hit DL for a little while or just forget it completely for that day. We're only there Friday-Monday and have never been, so I'm trying to cram everything in as efficiently as possible. :goodvibes Thanks for any suggestions!

what time do you get in? if i were you id get the party ticket and not use a hopper that day just go in the park at 3 or 4pm and have a good 8 hours that night in the park.

what time do you get in? if i were you id get the party ticket and not use a hopper that day just go in the park at 3 or 4pm and have a good 8 hours that night in the park.

We get in around 9:30am at Burbank, so I figure we'll be checked in and ready to hit a park around lunch time-ish. We're definitely not doing the party at all.

Hi, I have a quick question: On the days with the parties, is it smarter to avoid DL because the party-goers will go early to get the most out of their party day, or is the park generally less crowded during the day on a party day because non-party-goers figure it's pointless to go and party attendees go later so they're not falling asleep at the party? Did that make sense?? Lol

Our first day there will be 10/5 and there's a party that night, and I can't figure out if we should hit DL for a little while or just forget it completely for that day. We're only there Friday-Monday and have never been, so I'm trying to cram everything in as efficiently as possible. :goodvibes Thanks for any suggestions!

If it were me, and there was a HP going on that I was not planning on attending...I would get to DL at RD that morning and take advantage of what I could. If you are the type of family to take a break during the day, I would go to DCA after the break. If no break, then I would try to get over to DCA before the party starts since a lot of people will be heading over there after leaving DL.

My plan is out now that I see you do not get in till noon. You certainly can experience some time in DL before the party starts if you choose. Or you can do DCA that day and see DL the next.

If it were me, and there was a HP going on that I was not planning on attending...I would get to DL at RD that morning and take advantage of what I could. If you are the type of family to take a break during the day, I would go to DCA after the break. If no break, then I would try to get over to DCA before the party starts since a lot of people will be heading over there after leaving DL.

That would be awesome, except that we are flying in that day. :) So that being the case, we should just skip DL that first day and head straight to DCA?

That would be awesome, except that we are flying in that day. :) So that being the case, we should just skip DL that first day and head straight to DCA?
Gina - I edited my original post after I saw your response with your arrival time.

ahh ok well ya id do dl early day and then dca after so you dont lose any time in parks from party

This thread is great. I'm just starting to read through it and I'm wondering, adults with no kids will be permitted to trick or treat or would we be better off just going on a non-party day?

This thread is great. I'm just starting to read through it and I'm wondering, adults with no kids will be permitted to trick or treat or would we be better off just going on a non-party day?

Absolutely no kids needed to Trick or Treat during the party! Our group of 2-6 adults (depending on the time of night) had no trouble at all.

That is the best point of the Halloween Party. Where else can adults dress up & go trick or treating. (except aparently in my neighborhood, where adults don't both to dress up but still knock on my door Trick or Treating).

Has anyone here ever done the UE? I know some are planning on it for this year, but has anyone ever experienced it and booking it already? I was told by the Tours CM on the phone that I can't book it until 30 days out, so not until Sept 30 or Oct 1 for Halloween, Oct 31. I expressed concern about not buying MHP tickets until that late because 10/31 is a popular date and I feared them selling out. She said she thinks they set aside a number of tickets for people buying UE packages, so there would be some 10/31 tickets, even if they sell out of regular MHP tickets.
She also said to check back in mid-August in case they make the UE bookings available a little earlier.
Do we think she's talking sense or talking crazy? :p
That date is the only MHP for us because we'll arrive in Anaheim 10/30, so I'm deeply concerned that we *have* to get tickets for 10/31.

i was one to plan this and depending on money in sep i may or may not do it now. But i was told they do set number of tickets away for it. look up in search the halloween hunts tour ultimate expirince and see if you can find it i put all the info ii could get from it on the post.

I tried not to think too much about the party but now that we have the tickets, I am getting more and more excited. :cool1: The only thing better would be to find some shirts the 3 of us will wear that will be a low key costume. pixiedust:

As I read through the questions being asked, I will give the best advise I have gotten over the years of going to the party is... It may not go with your costume but I highly recommend taking a backpack to stash all the candy. Each year we have gone, everyone in our party has collected about 5 pounds of candy each. Last year there were 5 (25lbs) of us, the year before 3 of us (18 lbs). We didn't hit every station but we did go to a lot of them. We aren't picture people so we passed those lines up. We also typically left shortly after the fireworks, so not to the bitter end. I'm sure some have collected more candy and some less but the way we do it is to take the little bags they gave us and as they started to get full, we dumped it into a plastic bag inside the backpack. A few years ago I carried a pillow case instead and my hands were slipping off my grip by the end of the night and our son was not getting more candy (God forbid!) because he didn't want to carry it any more. I would think if you have younger ones but not taking a stroller to stash it away, take a backpack!!!
OK, back to planning!
Sue
ps...HI Sherry!princess:

I tried not to think too much about the party but now that we have the tickets, I am getting more and more excited. :cool1: The only thing better would be to find some shirts the 3 of us will wear that will be a low key costume. pixiedust:

As I read through the questions being asked, I will give the best advise I have gotten over the years of going to the party is... It may not go with your costume but I highly recommend taking a backpack to stash all the candy. Each year we have gone, everyone in our party has collected about 5 pounds of candy each. Last year there were 5 (25lbs) of us, the year before 3 of us (18 lbs). We didn't hit every station but we did go to a lot of them. We aren't picture people so we passed those lines up. We also typically left shortly after the fireworks, so not to the bitter end. I'm sure some have collected more candy and some less but the way we do it is to take the little bags they gave us and as they started to get full, we dumped it into a plastic bag inside the backpack. A few years ago I carried a pillow case instead and my hands were slipping off my grip by the end of the night and our son was not getting more candy (God forbid!) because he didn't want to carry it any more. I would think if you have younger ones but not taking a stroller to stash it away, take a backpack!!!
OK, back to planning!
Sue
ps...HI Sherry!princess:

Hi, Sue!:cool1::dancer:

This brings up my current dilema. We got rid of all our strollers and hadn't planned on taking one to DL. But then I started to think about 2 late nights at DL and a sleepy (probably asleep) 4 yo and tierd adults. Would a cheap umbrella stroller get in the way at the HP? We can rent a DL one, but I don't want to sort through them all to find ours. Also I had considered bringing one and stashing it someplace until my son got too tierd and then getting it.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter