HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have attended the party in the past, if you had the opportunity to go twice would you?
We are hoping to do a Sat to Sat stay for a week in October and I wonder if we should do the party twice, we are AP holders but won't be back for Halloween anytime in the near future!
Can you do/see everything in one night? Me, DH and DS (would be almost 7) ~ is it worth the splurge to buy two party nights?

For those that have attended the party in the past, if you had the opportunity to go twice would you?
We are hoping to do a Sat to Sat stay for a week in October and I wonder if we should do the party twice, we are AP holders but won't be back for Halloween anytime in the near future!
Can you do/see everything in one night? Me, DH and DS (would be almost 7) ~ is it worth the splurge to buy two party nights?
We went to three parties last year and had a blast at each one. There is so much to do, there is no way to do it all in one night.

Each year the volume of people at the parties has grown.
For me once a year is enough. We have been for the last three years. Going to a Monday or Tuesday MHP.

Since you're AP holders and don't plan to be back during future MHP's, you might as well GO FOR IT!

Enjoy your week in the parks

Geemo

We went to 4 parties the year before last. We would do this every year if we could!! It is so much fun! I would totally do two nights, especially if you haven't been before! I don't think it's possible to see/do everything that the party offers in one night. Could you do most of it? Sure. But to do everything (trick-or-treating, parade, fireworks, shows, entertainment, meet-and-greets, etc. etc.) it would take more than one night IMHO.

I thought adults couldn't wear costumes this year? D:

I think they said they could, but they cannot have multiple layers or touch the ground (like full length princess dresses) or they would be subject to additional screening.

Technically the Disneyland website still says kids up to 14 (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/), but for the WDW party they said adults could wear costumes. The expectation is that Disneyland will allow adults to wear costumes for the parties similar to WDW.

We went to three parties last year and had a blast at each one. There is so much to do, there is no way to do it all in one night.

I've always gone twice the last years. You can fit everything you really, really want to do in one night, but it involves a lot of planning and nothing must go wrong. Bullseye had problems with his saddle last year, that cost us about an hour from a precisely timed night and threw everything off. Never mind my friend's husband getting tired along the way because best timing meant crossing all over the lands repeatedly...

After attending 1 party last year I can safely say we easily could have attended 2. We didn't get to meet as many characters as we would have liked and missed some of the entertainment (Cadaver Dans! :-( ) as well. And we were there from Toontown Pre-party all the way through the Villains goodnight at the Train Station!

I always try to go more than once myself. I plan on going at least 4 times this year. I'm going all 3 days on the week me and my friend Christine. I'm also planning on going the second party. The party has not sold out for the last 3 years now.

When we go, we try to do at least two parties. It helps in case you miss something and gives you a chance to aim for as many photo ops as possible one night and then just enjoy the party the next night. Can't wait to see dates so we can confirm our trip!

I would do it in a second! My girls and I had a wonderful time during the party. Hubby and son went back to the room after a couple of hours. It was fun trick or treating. Brought back so many memories from when I was a kid (5 decades ago). So, yeah, I would go again to feel like a 5 year old kid again trick or treating, riding rides, snacking on candy and what ever we feel like and riding fun rides.

I didn't do one my first trip and was so sad! The second time we did one party and missed loads, including villains! Third time we weren't messing around. Nailed loads at the first party and then just enjoyed the second. It rained Halloween 2014 so things changed a bit at the second party. I don't know, if you can afford it and it fits in your trip 2 is definitely the go :)

I would totally go to two, if we could! I think we'd spend one doing all the candy stops and doing rides and then the other party just enjoying the atmosphere. I love the park at night, especially during the party!

And for anyone doing two parties I suggest watching the parade at one of them and then using parade time at the other to get on some of the big ticket rides (Unless parades are your thing of course) :) Also after the fireworks a lot of people leave - then is also a great time to hit the rides!

So, wait a second. I cannot dress up as Snow White like I've done for the past 5 years? No adults in costume??

I want to do another party this year. Don't know if it's it the cards yet. But I'd for sure do 2 if money allowed!!

OKAY! It's starting to get hot around here as summer is rolling in and I'm ALREADY dreaming about October and Halloween time at Disney! :) I wonder how early the pumpkin craziness with foods in stores will start this year!

OKAY! It's starting to get hot around here as summer is rolling in and I'm ALREADY dreaming about October and Halloween time at Disney! :) I wonder how early the pumpkin craziness with foods in stores will start this year!
We've already hit triple digits this week. I cannot wait for fall and cooler weather. The heat about kills me. Bring on Disneyland Halloween Time!!!

We are going for 3 full days in the end of sept. If the parties are going on is it worth going to since we have been to MNSSHP in WDW a few times. Though with the time change it might not work anyway. I just hope that are 3 nights are not all party nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter