HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't say :)

Hmm... maybe it will be moved to a different location. I guess it doesn't matter where it is -- Main Street or otherwise -- just as long as the AP folks get a special treat (last year it was a rice crispy thing) and hopefully a gift (last year it was a bag sort of thing, promoting a movie).

On last year's MHP maps, did they specify where the character meets were or did people just have to stumble over them? I don't remember from last year and we didn't get to do much of the party.

I am so glad to here the AP treat trail is still happening.
I was starting to get nervous with all the things disappearing.
And special "entertainment". Wonder what that could be? Thinking maybe they'll put the AP trail in the Main Street cinema and have special clips showing?

it's been a good 2 weeks since I was told hours for dining would be released any day. would like to cross that task off my list

wondering if I need to keep stalking the DL website throughout the day (let's just say i'm wearing down my battery life) or if 'new' hours/dining are posted @ 7 am each day?

The character locations are listed on the map (or, they were on last year's map) - https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...en-party/pdf-mickeys-halloween-party-2014.pdf.

Some of them are more specific (Innoventions), and some are more general (New Orleans Square).
Thank you! Hopefully I can grab a current one ahead of time so we can plot our route. I will start with last years, though, as a basis.

One more party question... is the "special merchandise" only available during party hours?

Last edited by a moderator:

I definitely thought it was strange -- "Halloween" instead of "Halloween Time" on the pins -- but I just don't know if the pins have been like that for a while and I didn't realize it.
It could be that those are the pins found both at DLR and WDW, so they just put a generic "Halloween" on them since WDW does not do Halloween Time.

One more party question... is the "special merchandise" only available during party hours?

Yes, there has been for the past 2 years.

I noticed on the email mentioning the special AP treat only said the dates from Sept 25-Oct 30. Is there a reason the 31 is not mentioned? Is there no AP treat that night?
I am hoping it means you can get an AP discount on select nights between those dates.
There is no discount for the 31st.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention that I saw a Target on Monday Pepperagefarm's Pumkin Cheesecake cookies. I will try to get some on the 3rd

Stop the presses! Hostess (who we all know from their famous Ding Dongs, Cupcakes, Zingers and Twinkies) has jumped full throttle into Candy Corn Chaos!

Behold.... Candy Corn Cupcakes - http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/word...hostess-limited-edition-candy-corn-cup-cakes/.

Apparently they will be coming out with Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes soon as well.

Is there a reason why last year's Party brochure had a blurb about Fastpass? I thought there weren't any fastpass during the party.

I always wondered that too. Your guess is as good as mine. I didn't create the map, so I have no clue why it's on there. I think the 2013 map may have had the FP reference too.

The only thing I can think of is that, because you can use your MHP ticket to get into the park 3 hours before the party starts, you can use your MHP ticket to get a FP during that window of time. For example, if you entered Disneyland right at 4 p.m. on a 7 p.m. MHP night, you could run over to a FP machine and use the MHP ticket to get a FP for something. The only problem is that the return time for the FP may or may not be within that 3 hours, and you can't use the FP at the actual party.

Would love some input on which day you would choose for MHP.
Mon 10/5, this is our first day in the parks (M,T, & F): my rational is it is less $ and maybe a Monday would be less people, although if it sells out, it sells out...hahaha :rotfl:
Fri 10/9, last day in parks: More expensive and if we didn't go we could take advantage of DCA open later (not confirmed but anticipating)
I think I just talked myself into the Monday but any reason the Friday would be better?

We NEED to get autographs for the Tremaine family. We saw them back at MHP in DCA a few years back and kicking myself for not getting autographs then. Would also love Capt. Jack Sparrow!
I am hoping they will be there!!!!!:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter