HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes I'm glad I'm buying my tix next Tuesday. Don't want my date to sell out!

Tried to make reservations at BTRBBQ for the 14th at around 4PM, but they aren't accepting reservations currently past the 3rd for anytime after 3:30PM

Ohhhhhhh! Is that why I cant find anything past 3:40 on 9/30, cuz of the Halloween party?! Will the restaurants all still be open though?? If we have tickets to the Halloween party, can we adjust our reservation to a later time? I just booked an early dinner/late lunch for us at Blue Bayou for 3:40. but I know that's going to be too early for dinner by at least an hour.

Welcome! :wave: I'm glad you joined us.

If I had to pick a Halloween Party date in that time frame, I think I would go for the party on Monday, October 19th. There are two reasons I choose that one. For one thing, the advance price is cheaper than the subsequent party nights that week. The other reason is that, because the advance price is cheaper, it means that Disney is expecting fewer people at that party. You can always tell when they expect a night to be more crowded or more popular, as the prices are higher. Since 10/19 is less expensive, it's probably not going to be quite as busy -- still busy, but less so than the other party nights later in the week.

So we were all set to book the Monday, but then we realized that Monday will be our first park day, and I think DD11 will be wayyyyy to excited to focus on the Halloween Party specifics like characters and parades (which Mom here can't wait for!!) I can't see myself keeping her away from the rides- she loooves rides... If we do the Thursday party, we will have already had 3 good days in the parks and she will hopefully be able to humour me with character meets and parades ;)

Do we know for sure that there will be two parades at MHP? Fireworks are listed for 9:30 pm, but no parade is listed at all for MHP nights. Curious....
I was wondering this, too. Somehow I remember reading something on the Parks Blog about there being one parade showing per party. Hmmm. Have to go back to look that up.
In prior years, I remember the online park schedule did not even list MHP or any events during the party.
My memory certainly might not be accurate, anyone else recall?
The official park schedules are dynamically generated online, so there is no way to see how they appeared a year ago.

Ohhhhhhh! Is that why I cant find anything past 3:40 on 9/30, cuz of the Halloween party?! Will the restaurants all still be open though?? If we have tickets to the Halloween party, can we adjust our reservation to a later time? I just booked an early dinner/late lunch for us at Blue Bayou for 3:40. but I know that's going to be too early for dinner by at least an hour.

Nope, Blue Bayou is never open during the parties. Only select places are open. Mainly just counter places

Nope, Blue Bayou is never open during the parties. Only select places are open. Mainly just counter places

OK, good to know. I will keep my rezzie then and we will just snack later at the party. Phew, glad I booked that this morning!

Im hoping if I book at BTRBBQ for 3:30 and we're in the gate right at 3 (the three hour early entry) that we will be okay. I have a pass so I can go in before 3, but I'm bringing my cousin and she can't come in early :P

Im hoping if I book at BTRBBQ for 3:30 and we're in the gate right at 3 (the three hour early entry) that we will be okay. I have a pass so I can go in before 3, but I'm bringing my cousin and she can't come in early :P
If you think the time will be too tight, you could always run in, check in earlier, then run back and enter at 3 with your cousin. Lots of running, but it might help you feel better about the timing.

The Impulsive Buy website has now created a Flickr account to keep track of all of the brand new pumpkin products hitting the shelves this year - https://www.flickr.com/photos/theimpulsivebuy/sets/72157656471276389. :lmao: :lmao:

Wow, really glad I got my tickets a few days ago for Oct. 25th! o.o I have one friend who was pondering going, but looks like she missed out.

Personally, I went with the Sunday party because I'm a SoCal Select passholder and never get to go on the weekends. Figured if I'm going to shell out for the party, might as well go on a day that I normally would not be able to enter the park! Plus it's easier with my school/work schedule.

If your friend is able to purchase a ticket now, if she calls the Disneyland ticket number today she might still be able to get a ticket for that night. What happens is that the DLR website shows "Sold Out," but there are usually still some tickets (not many) available over the phone within a day or two after the website shows the sell out. If she calls today or maybe tomorrow, she might be able to get one before they are truly gone. There could also very likely be some tickets available at the ticket booths on the day of the event, early in the morning, but they would not be discounted.

I was wondering this, too. Somehow I remember reading something on the Parks Blog about there being one parade showing per party. Hmmm. Have to go back to look that up.

I tend to think there will probably just be one Paint the Night parade during MHP. I think the Cavalcade ran twice during MHP, didn't it? If it did, of course, it made more sense because it was a short event. Paint the Night is the first "real," full scale parade that has been included in MHP, and so I don't know how it will be handled. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of candy corn oreos and will be devastated if they don't have them this year!!! :guilty:

:lmao: Last year, if I recall correctly, the Candy Corn Oreos were nowhere to be found (the Gingerbread Oreos were also gone forever). Instead, Oreo trotted out the Pumpkin Spice Oreos and the Caramel Apple Oreos. This year it doesn't look like there are any new Fall flavors for Oreo, sadly. :sad:

That's a great observation. I think it's probably very telling.

I definitely thought it was strange -- "Halloween" instead of "Halloween Time" on the pins -- but I just don't know if the pins have been like that for a while and I didn't realize it. Maybe there will be something that says "Halloween Time" this year. In that MiceChat blog I linked here yesterday, it was said that we should expect to not see orange bunting on Main Street this year, and that the Halloween décor on the lamp posts -- which normally has Mickey and "Halloween Time" -- won't be there. :sad: It sounds like they are really trying to push the 60th anniversary, and would rather leave the blue and diamond stuff up than the things that actually say Halloween Time.

So, for our upcoming first trip to DLR, we will have one full day at DL plus the halloween party another night. I would like to see both fireworks shows plus PTN. I had originally been thinking we would do PTN at the halloween party for the lower crowds, but now I'm worried that will cut too much into our ability to enjoy the Halloween specific things. On our other night though, I made reservations at BTRB for 6:00. That messes up PTN for that night, right? Thoughts? Should I just stick with PTN at the Halloween party? Or change our BTRB reservations to lunch? Or a really early dinner? I get so flustered trying to figure this stuff out!

If I had your plan, I think I might first try to schedule the BBQ for lunch and see PTN on a non-party night. Second choice would be to try to see Paint the Night during MHP. While I don't think the crowds gathered for PTN at the party will be low, they probably won't be as bad as they would be on a non-party night. I guess I just think that because PTN is not a party exclusive, it would not be my first choice to see it during MHP when I could focus on Halloween-specific things or shorter ride lines.

In prior years, I remember the online park schedule did not even list MHP or any events during the party.
My memory certainly might not be accurate, anyone else recall?
The official park schedules are dynamically generated online, so there is no way to see how they appeared a year ago.

I think you're right. I seem to remember that the schedule did not list some things -- which is what tends to happen during the holiday season too. Some things are mysteriously absent from the online schedule, but they are still happening in the parks. Other things appear and disappear from the schedule, even if they are happening without interruption.

Our tickets for the 31st arrived yesterday. Stoked. Still have no idea what we're going to be. Need to get on that.

Last edited:
Last year I remember reading somewhere that a popular Halloween costume was an "Ice Bucket Challenge" costume -- not at MHP, I don't think, but just in general. It's funny how, this year, the Ice Bucket Challenge isn't even a thing anymore. Last year it was impossible to sign into Facebook without seeing a barrage of Ice Bucket Challenge videos scrolling down the news feed. This year... nothing!

I definitely thought it was strange -- "Halloween" instead of "Halloween Time" on the pins -- but I just don't know if the pins have been like that for a while and I didn't realize it. Maybe there will be something that says "Halloween Time" this year. In that MiceChat blog I linked here yesterday, it was said that we should expect to not see orange bunting on Main Street this year, and that the Halloween décor on the lamp posts -- which normally have Mickey and "Halloween Time" -- won't be there. :sad: It sounds like they are really trying to push the 60th anniversary, and would rather leave the blue and diamond stuff up than the things that actually say Halloween Time.

SHERRY! :sad::sad::sad:

I totally missed that post yesterday about the bunting. I'm heartbroken now. How can the park possibly look like it's ready for Halloween without the bunting?

I officially feel cheated now. :sad:

Tried to make a reservation for October 14th online, no go. Called and the dining line says they aren't taking any reservations past October 3rd right now

SHERRY! :sad::sad::sad:

I totally missed that post yesterday about the bunting. I'm heartbroken now. How can the park possibly look like it's ready for Halloween without the bunting?

I officially feel cheated now. :sad:

The sentence about the bunting and the lamppost banners is kind of buried in the blog, but it's there - http://micechat.com/109539-little-man-of-disneyland/.

At least they are putting the pumpkins in the windows on Main Street. Beyond that, who knows if the more visible pumpkins on Main Street -- the ones on balconies, etc. -- will be reduced?

Any guesses for me on how long the villains lines will be during the party on a Monday night? This is our first trip to DLR and my kids have never been able to meet the villains at MNSSHP because the lines are incredibly long and it is total chaos when they come off the stage and everyone scrambles for a line! I was excited thinking that we could meet a few villains during the day without even cutting into our party time but now that doesn't seem the case. I know at MNSSHP the lines starts for Jack Skellington hours before the party start time-is that how villains will be this year? On a side note-can Jack or Sally be met anywhere at DLR in October?

Any guesses for me on how long the villains lines will be during the party on a Monday night? This is our first trip to DLR and my kids have never been able to meet the villains at MNSSHP because the lines are incredibly long and it is total chaos when they come off the stage and everyone scrambles for a line! I was excited thinking that we could meet a few villains during the day without even cutting into our party time but now that doesn't seem the case. I know at MNSSHP the lines starts for Jack Skellington hours before the party start time-is that how villains will be this year? On a side note-can Jack or Sally be met anywhere at DLR in October?

Last year Jack and Sally met out by Haunted Mansion. They were out during the day, though Sally was only out some of the time.

Jack Skellington is definitely out to meet guests during both Halloween Time and the holiday season. Hopefully he will be out in the daytime -- usually in New Orleans Square, somewhere near Haunted Mansion Holiday -- and not relegated to "party only" status like the Villains have been, though he is at the party as well. I have seen him with and without Sally.

I have a feeling that, while there may not be an official Villains photo spot in the non-party hours, you still may see a couple of the "regulars" -- the ones that can be seen throughout the year, such as Cruella. She may be in Town Square somewhere.

Otherwise... I fear that if most of the Villains are made to be party exclusives, the lines will be even longer than normal. I don't know if people would be waiting for hours, but the lines will be long.

Jack Sparrow -- another one who is usually only at the party -- has a long line too.

A couple of years back, when both DLR and WDW had their Unleash the Villains event on 9/13/13, the crowds were crazy at DLR. That's a testament to how popular the Villains are.

I haven't been to a Halloween Party in a few years, but I just got an email that says there's a special Passholder area with treats. Has this always been around and I just didn't know it?

It was new last year! They gave a treat and a gift. Did it say where it is this year -- still on Main Street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter