HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any face painting stations in DTD or the resorts near Halloween? My son is trying to decide what to be and one year we had a makeup artist do his paint before the party and it looked much better than anything I could do!!

No -- not in DTD or at the hotels, as far as I know, unless Torilla Jo's restaurant is doing some face painting for Dia de los Muertos a bit earlier than usual. I have not heard of any face painters in DTD or the hotels (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). In the parks, Pirates League is not supposed to be coming back this year, and that was a good place for a pirate makeover!

They used to do face painting at a kiosk in DTD, I had my nephews faces painted there when we stayed at DLH, but it's been a couple years.

Breaking news on the Pumpkin Pandemonium Reign of Terror front....

Starbucks has announced that it is adding actual pumpkin to its famous and popular Pumpkin Spice Latte this year (the previous version did not have actual pumpkin, apparently). Read the shocking news here - http://consumerist.com/2015/08/17/s...pumpkin-will-be-added-to-pumpkin-spice-latte/ -- and here - http://blogs.starbucks.com/blogs/customer/archive/2015/08/17/pumpkin-spice-latte-2015.aspx.

I hope that information was not too much to absorb, and that everyone will be able to go on with their day! ;) ;)

:dancer::dancer:

Just got home to find the Tickets I ordered on the 29th arrived in the mail.

Also got the Photopass + I ordered last week and the Show Your Disney Side sticker from the free giveaway a couple months ago.

Over half my mail today was Disney items.:)

You had a bonanza of Disney mail!

I love when that happens -- opening the mail and finding several Disney items (expected or unexpected)! I was getting annoyed because it seemed that everyone else who should have received the Disney Visa Fall newsletter/magazine had received it, but mine had not arrived. I looked at the online version of the newsletter, but I like to actually hold it in my hands. It finally got here, but well after other people said they received theirs.

During Halloween party days, do the extra magic hour days remain the same? Example, on Tuesday Oct 27, there is a Halloween party. Do days like this, traditionally still have the extra magic hour?

There has always been a face painting kiosk at Downtown Disney near the Lego Store. If I remember correctly it is on the left-hand side if you are heading towards the Disneyland Hotel. It was still there last November.

Corinna

That's the same one I remember. They also do face painting (or did this past March) in DCA near where they have the Mad Hatter party in the evening, although that one is a moving cart, so I suppose it could be anywhere.

There has always been a face painting kiosk at Downtown Disney near the Lego Store. If I remember correctly it is on the left-hand side if you are heading towards the Disneyland Hotel. It was still there last November.

Corinna

Yeah, there was a face painter there this past weekend when we were there. May be a year round thing ?!?

My husband said that Michael's is in "full-on Halloween mode", which is to be expected since it is an arts and crafts store, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

I ordered my daughter's yellow/gold tights last night for the Daisy Duck costume I will be sort of making her. I hope it comes out cute! I still need to sew my Minnie Mouse skirt and figure out what to do for the other party. I need to get my butt in gear!

My husband said that Michael's is in "full-on Halloween mode", which is to be expected since it is an arts and crafts store, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

I ordered my daughter's yellow/gold tights last night for the Daisy Duck costume I will be sort of making her. I hope it comes out cute! I still need to sew my Minnie Mouse skirt and figure out what to do for the other party. I need to get my butt in gear!

I think that many stores -- both online and brick & mortar locations -- are sloooooowly trying to transition into Halloween mode, without seeming like they are rushing things. For example, every specialty store that is putting out Halloween-specific products now won't just say, "Hey, folks -- we know it's August, but Halloween is coming up in 2-1/2 months and we really want to sell our stuff now," but they WILL say, "Here is a sneak preview of our Halloween products." They make you think they are giving you a preview waaaaaaaay in advance, but if the items start flying off the shelves then there is no "preview" -- then they are officially selling the Halloween merchandise.

Today I got an email from Dylan's Candy Bar (Dylan's Candy Bar was founded and created by the daughter of Ralph Lauren, and there is a location at the Farmers Market, near where I live) -- giving me a "sneak peek" at their Haunted Nights Halloween goodies. I have not checked all of my email, but I'm pretty sure that Starbucks was also "previewing" its Fall line of coffees via mail order a year ago at this time too.

Fine with me -- bring on Fall and Halloween (and then the Holidays!)!!!!:dancer:

My sister and I are taking my 7 year old for his birthday and he suggested going as Donald Duck. my sister will be Daisy and I will be Minnie. It will be neat to see each other's costumes!

Finished our Minnie mouse headbands, t-shirts and tutus yesterday! had to go back to Hobby Lobby for some more tulle for our tutus! they have ROWS of Christmas stuff out already, with only a few with Halloween items.

I am happy to say that my DD accomplished her goal (getting up on a wakeboard) on Sunday and I purchased our tickets for the September 30th Halloween Party! Happy Birthday to me! lol Soooooo excited now!!! DD was already plotting out what rides we could do during the Halloween party and trying to figure out where the TOT stations were and if they'd have long lines. lol
One question though, if we are in the parks starting at rope drop, will we have to leave to go change into our costumes and then come back? Or can I carry my costume in my backpack and change after 3??

My daughter outgrew the shirt we were going to use for her Daisy Duck costume. Gha! Time to hit the thrift stores. Wish me luck!

I am happy to say that my DD accomplished her goal (getting up on a wakeboard) on Sunday and I purchased our tickets for the September 30th Halloween Party! Happy Birthday to me! lol Soooooo excited now!!! DD was already plotting out what rides we could do during the Halloween party and trying to figure out where the TOT stations were and if they'd have long lines. lol
One question though, if we are in the parks starting at rope drop, will we have to leave to go change into our costumes and then come back? Or can I carry my costume in my backpack and change after 3??

You could always rent a locker for the day that way at 3 you can just go grab it and change, and not have to worry about hauling them around all day!

You could always rent a locker for the day that way at 3 you can just go grab it and change, and not have to worry about hauling them around all day!
My costume is small (just a little Cap American dress) and my DH will probably just wear his Cap America shirt all day, so it's not that much to haul. :)

Just got our tickets for sept 23-25 but I accidently bought the 2 day passes which I meant to buy 3 day passes. They said to take the tickets to the ticket booth at the park and pay the difference which is amazing I was mad I messed it up but oh well I hope I still get magic morning passes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter