HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Sherry can I pick your brain?
Do you think that PTN parade will be shown after Labor Day?? Sept 8-11th??
Since no other announcements are coming. I have no clue when the fall schedule will post............ hard to plan to say the least!

--Lori

So assuming for now that this year's party is essentially the same as previous years, what's the party exclusive stuff to hit? I know there's the parade and fireworks and trick or treating but I'm rather confused on what else is particular to the party versus a general Halloween time feature.

You've pretty much mentioned most of the party exclusives! The parade is not a grand, full-fledged parade in typical Disney style. It's more of a character costume mini-parade. It's cute, but not a big, spectacular event or anything. Other than what you mentioned, there are some characters (including Villains) who are out posing for photos, who aren't normally found in the daytime. And some of the expected characters (like Mickey & Minnie) might be wearing special Halloween outfits. There are some dance stations set up around the park.

There might be a few extra decorations up for the party that are not up during the daytime. There are spooky effects, such as fog along the Big Thunder Trail and over the Rivers of America. There are assorted images projected on the ground and on assorted facades (such as spider webs and skulls/crossbones, and other things like that). There are shorter lines for certain rides.

There will be some extra MHP merchandise, but that can often be purchased even before the party begins.

There will be special PhotoPass locations.

There may be a couple of special food items that are only available during the party and not during the day.

So, Sherry can I pick your brain?
Do you think that PTN parade will be shown after Labor Day?? Sept 8-11th??
Since no other announcements are coming. I have no clue when the fall schedule will post............ hard to plan to say the least!

--Lori

My guess -- and I could be totally wrong -- is that Paint the Night will continue after Labor Day, but maybe on a more reduced schedule. I don't know if it will continue nightly, or will be cut back to only certain nights, but I don't think it will go away. If you're there on 9/11, I'm certain that PtN and Disneyland Forever would at least be happening on that night, if not earlier in your trip.

New here! Hi! :flower1:
I can't believe I've missed out on so much! Especially all this Halloween Time info! :sad: Did Halloween in 2011 and had a BLAST! Thanks for all the info! I better get going on planning and buying this years tickets!:moped:

New here! Hi! :flower1:
I can't believe I've missed out on so much! Especially all this Halloween Time info! :sad: Did Halloween in 2011 and had a BLAST! Thanks for all the info! I better get going on planning and buying this years tickets!:moped:

Welcome! :welcome:

Thank you for joining us!:banana:

Well, so far there are no tickets to buy this year. That is what we are waiting on -- the announcement of the actual start date of the Halloween Time season, as well as the dates of Mickey's Halloween Party. We would have expected the tickets to the party to go on sale by the end of next week, but seeing that the Disney Parks Blog has been slow in announcing anything, it looks unlikely that the tickets would go on sale for at least another couple of weeks. They will go on sale to Annual Pass holders, Disney Visa Card holders and Disney Vacation Club Members first, and then a week or two after that the tickets should go on sale to the general public.

You've already experienced Halloween Time, but if you want to brush up or see if there is anything that you missed, skim down the posts on page 1. I left the mentions of 2014 there for the time being, for informational/historical reference, as we await news about 2015. When we get the 2015 news, I will adjust the posts on page 1 to reflect the latest info wherever necessary!

Otherwise, just hang out here with us as we (impatiently) wait for news! It should come in any day now -- if not before the end of today, then it's GOT to be next week.

Welcome! :welcome:

Thank you for joining us!:banana:

Well, so far there are no tickets to buy this year. That is what we are waiting on -- the announcement of the actual start date of the Halloween Time season, as well as the dates of Mickey's Halloween Party. We would have expected the tickets to the party to go on sale by the end of next week, but seeing that the Disney Parks Blog has been slow in announcing anything, it looks unlikely that the tickets would go on sale for at least another couple of weeks. They will go on sale to Annual Pass holders, Disney Visa Card holders and Disney Vacation Club Members first, and then a week or two after that the tickets should go on sale to the general public.

You've already experienced Halloween Time, but if you want to brush up or see if there is anything that you missed, skim down the posts on page 1. I left the mentions of 2014 there for the time being, for informational/historical reference, as we await news about 2015. When we get the 2015 news, I will adjust the posts on page 1 to reflect the latest info wherever necessary!

Otherwise, just hang out here with us as we (impatiently) wait for news! It should come in any day now -- if not before the end of today, then it's GOT to be next week.

Thank you!!!! By the way, your pictures are amazing!

Okay, seriously?!?!?!?!!!!!!! Halloweentime could potentially start in two months from tomorrow, yet we have zero information?!?!?!? Yet, WDW has Christmas info? Unreal! All DL fans aren't local and actually need to pre-plan our trips. I guess I just don't understand the delay..... >:(

We're coming from the uk and desperately trying to plan a whole California trip. We want to see fantasmic, woc, paint the night, fireworks and do a Halloween party. We also want to book a character meal. So yes we need to plan. This waiting is infuriating! *sigh*

So by 6:30am (our time) I had already reached my Disney Parks Nagging Quota-feeling mischievous :)

So since I made my post Michelle from the parks blog has answered all the questions on the post but ignored any referring to MHP not even supplying a canned "keep checking for exciting news coming soon" crap

So since I made my post Michelle from the parks blog has answered all the questions on the post but ignored any referring to MHP not even supplying a canned "keep checking for exciting news coming soon" crap

That leads me to believe that the Disney Parks bloggers don't have any or all info for the party yet. I'm sure it isn't on their end on why they aren't getting the info announced, so it's not their fault.

Plus, Michelle is the Merchandise Marketing and Communications Manager, so I doubt she has all the details on Mickey's Halloween Party.

To the people waiting on booking their trips for the party release dates:

If you have dates that fall on a Friday, Monday, or Thursday you can pretty much bet on having a party at least once. My family rarely ever waits to book our trip until after the Mickey's Halloween Party dates have been released. We typically just look at the patterns of the years past and book our trips so the dates fall on historical party days of the week. We booked our vacation for a little over a week in October last year and ended up being able to go to a few MHPs during our Disneyland vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the people waiting on booking their trips for the party release dates:

If you have dates that fall on a Friday, Monday, or Thursday you can pretty much bet on having a party at least once. My family rarely ever waits to book our trip until after the Mickey's Halloween Party dates have been released. We typically just look at the patterns of the years past and book our trips so the dates fall on historical party days of the week. We booked our vacation for a little over a week in October last year and ended up being able to go to a few MHPs during our Disneyland vacation.

We're currently planning on going on a Sunday to tues (hoping for fantasmic Sunday and slightly quieter Halloween on the Monday) then a Thursday trip a week later. May have to change that one though if it's Halloween again. Unless we manage to do the normal parade/fireworks and fantasmic on the Sunday :-~

Thanks a lot Sherry, that clarifies things. A mini costume parade is perfect for us. Enough for one twin to get excited about but not enough to test the patience of the other. Was Cruella a night villain? She's my only Halloween character priority besides costumed Minnie and whoever the other twin seems to like most. This will be their first time trick or treating so we'll definitely have to do that a little.

One more question-those of you who buy your costumes, where do you get them? I don't usually dress up but I will definitely be dressing up for the party. Whenever it will be.

Last edited:
Hi All, just popping in to say Hello! I'm probably in the minority, but I am secrectly hoping for NO Halloween parties! :-) Or at least not on Friday, in hopes of seeing the Paint the Night Parage and fireworks. We'll be in the parks Wed, Thur Fri, the 21-23rd. We are doing Legoland Sunday and Monday 18th &19th, before, so our dates are pretty set. We are really looking forward to the 60th celebrations, so hoping at least some of them are still around when we go!

Thanks a lot Sherry, that clarifies things. A mini costume parade is perfect for us. Enough for one twin to get excited about but not enough to test the patience of the other. Was Cruella a night villain? She's my only Halloween character priority besides costumed Minnie and whoever the other twin seems to like most. This will be their first time trick or treating so we'll definitely have to do that a little.

One more question-those of you who buy your costumes, where do you get them? I don't usually dress up but I will definitely be dressing up for the party. Whenever it will be.
Yes Cruella is there at the party. I took some pictures with her last year. The lines are really long to see Minnie and Mickey. I make my own cat costumes.

Hi All, just popping in to say Hello! I'm probably in the minority, but I am secrectly hoping for NO Halloween parties! :-) Or at least not on Friday, in hopes of seeing the Paint the Night Parage and fireworks. We'll be in the parks Wed, Thur Fri, the 21-23rd. We are doing Legoland Sunday and Monday 18th &19th, before, so our dates are pretty set. We are really looking forward to the 60th celebrations, so hoping at least some of them are still around when we go!
They always have parties on Fridays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over on Mice chat in a thread about HMH overlay a poster said on the disneyland website he saw that HM was closing Aug 24th for the overlay. Which if the 17 day time frame holds true like usual Sept 11th would indeed be the kickoff. Now I looked all over DL.com and couldn't find where he got that info so Idk. ..the plot thickens

I just looked at the calendar and it only goes until August 22nd. How do they expect people coming in from out of town (or the country) to plan with only 6 weeks notice of the events?!

I just looked at the calendar and it only goes until August 22nd. How do they expect people coming in from out of town (or the country) to plan with only 6 weeks notice of the events?!

DLR is not WDW. It still retains the feel a daytrip, local theme park(s), they tend to only flexible and more responsive to the "pulse" of the park/guests/So. Cal.

I normally am very impulsive in my traveling, but my new job makes me put in 2 month advance notice for any time off over 4 days. So I want to make sure I time it right is all. I only get a one week vacation all year and including travel time, I'll only have 4 days in the park. This will be my last trip for several years and I just want to get the most out of it. I've never been to WDW and not really interested right now. That is toooo much advance planning for me. Lol. I just want to make sure I am going on days where I'll have the options to do the things I wanted, like seeing fantasmic. I've never seen it. No matter what, I know it will be fun. I think I'm just too excited and want to know what's going on while I'm there. :yay:

Late last night they had Hocus Pocus on ABC family. Also Hallmark channel has been doing Christmas in July this week.

DLR is not WDW. It still retains the feel a daytrip, local theme park(s), they tend to only flexible and more responsive to the "pulse" of the park/guests/So. Cal.
Which I get to a point but we're driving two days each way for this. If we weren't planning a full week anyway, I'd be far more more annoyed about the lack of date or real confirmation that there will actually be a party. We've had tickets and reservations for months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter