HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I called last night and was told that "definitely" there would still be special Halloween fireworks & a parade. ;) Not sure how accurate that is, but that's what the cast member told me! She did say she wasn't sure if the Halloween party would be at DCA or not.

I got my leave confirmed for my sneaky Halloween season trip. I will be at Disneyland from September 22nd to October 1st. I am hoping that there will be a parties on September 25th and either the following Monday or Tuesday.

Corinna

You guys have some good info. Also I keep getting really excited about MHP when I see people post in this thread. It is finally cold here in So. Cal with wind and a little rain. I'm working on my costumes. I have finally started leg warmers for one of my costumes. I also have one unitard finished. I have two half finished . I will be sewing them up today and tonight. I have this really cool unitard I just painted a foxy red, orange, and tan colors. I will post photos sometime next week. I will be making a fox/cat character with it. The one character from the musical CATS that I will be working on first is Electra. I will post some pictures of Electra later on today so that way you know what the character looks like.

Mad T Party does have a Halloweeen-twist (at least they have for the past few years at least). The story is that someone spiked the tea and they are slowly being "zombie-fied." The band looks pretty normal at fist, but as the evening progresses, they get "spookier." They performed "This is Halloween" in most sets (I think), but for the final set of the night they performed "Thriller" with the assistance of the Tweedles and the Hottest Deck in Town. I'm hoping they do this again this year!

I posted some pictures earlier in this thread (post #2271):
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ween-time-2015.3270919/page-114#post-52451966

Yes, "This is Halloween" was performed in all sets. Thriller was the closing song for the night.

I got a couple of close ups showing the "zombie-fication" in my trip report from last year.

Halloween Homecoming 2014 (9/25 - 10/6/2014) (update 12/01 - COMPLETE)

So I heard that WDW announced dates for their Halloween Parties (2015)...still no word on the DL side, eh?

Historically, DLR does not announce the MHP dates until later in the year. In 2013 and 2014, they announced the dates in early-July.

We have decided to cancel our summer trip to do a September trip and do the MHP this year instead! We booked the DI&S for the last week of September 5 nights. We are so excited! We went for the first time the year before last during Halloween and we fell in LOVE!! I went for Christmas for the first time this November and may I dear say I think I like Halloween better! So we are going to take the kids out of school for a week and we are bringing my best friend and her family. So in all we will be a group of 9 kids and 4 adults! ;) I had to tell someone so I came here! LOL!! Let the planning and saving begin! I am 6 months out! LOL!!! I'll be following the thread again for announcements and stuff! Can't wait!!

I went to Mickey's Halloween party in 2013 and it was so much fun, but I felt it was really crowded. It could have just been the time that I went. Does anyone know what the crowds are like between the start of Halloween time and the actual party dates? I know there is usually a couple of weeks between. I'd like to go when the decorations are up and less rides are down, but I am trying to avoid the majority of the crowds that go along with the parties.

I went to Mickey's Halloween party in 2013 and it was so much fun, but I felt it was really crowded. It could have just been the time that I went. Does anyone know what the crowds are like between the start of Halloween time and the actual party dates? I know there is usually a couple of weeks between. I'd like to go when the decorations are up and less rides are down, but I am trying to avoid the majority of the crowds that go along with the parties.

I've always heard that nearly every party sells out. That give me pause as we are considering whether to move our annual trip to Halloween time.

As mom2rtk said, for the past two years (at least) all but one MHP has sold out. There are rumors that MHP will be undergoing "big changes" this year and most common rumors are that the parties will move to DCA and/or they will add more party dates and/or the parties will start earlier in the season. Any of these things could potentially affect attendance at the party. That being said, if you're asking about the first half of HalloweenTime in general (from mid-September until the end of September), the week day seem pretty manageable, but high weekend crowds are likely.

Yes, that's what I was wondering. I'm thinking about going Saturday (Sunday, if they are showing fireworks that day) thru Wednesday. That way we can see the shows, but be able to enjoy the rides. We are meeting my sisters and their kids there, so I know we will be moving a little slow. I don't want to feel rushed either. I've heard the first few weeks in September are really quiet, I just wasn't sure if it was the same at the end of September. Thanks!

If I remember right it was October 21st thru 25th. We did the halloween party one night. I think it was on a Tuesday. It was great fun, and the rides were easy to get on during the trick or treating, but the day times seemed pretty busy. The trick or treat lines were a little crazy at some points, but we skipped the really long lines. It was how busy it was during the day times that surprised me. We still had a ton of fun, and the fireworks were fantastic!

October seems to have become another fairly popular month for visiting DLR, so much that there really isn't a "slow" time in October anymore. HalloweenTime (not just the MHP) is very popular and a lot of folks visit to see the decor and the overlays. It also seems like a fair number of school districts have fall breaks scattered throughout October which probably increases weekday attendance. The first two weekends in October are well known for being very busy (Gay Days and CHOC Walk/Columbus Day weekend). I think September will still be quieter (in general) than October (even if they start MHP in early-September) because fewer schools are out.

The Halloween Screams fireworks were among my favorite things to see at MHP! If the parties move to DCA, there probably won't be any Halloween Screams! this year, but hopefully they'll add something to the party to make up for the loss of fireworks. My fear is that it's going to be a version of WoC. Hopefully, the current refurb will drastically improve the viewing area, so that most folks can have a good view (and not just those at the railing).

We have decided to cancel our summer trip to do a September trip and do the MHP this year instead! We booked the DI&S for the last week of September 5 nights. We are so excited! We went for the first time the year before last during Halloween and we fell in LOVE!! I went for Christmas for the first time this November and may I dear say I think I like Halloween better! So we are going to take the kids out of school for a week and we are bringing my best friend and her family. So in all we will be a group of 9 kids and 4 adults! ;) I had to tell someone so I came here! LOL!! Let the planning and saving begin! I am 6 months out! LOL!!! I'll be following the thread again for announcements and stuff! Can't wait!!

We are also going the last week in September and staying at DI&S Sept 23-30th. There will hopefully be 15 of us total, maybe we can get together for a snack at some point.

I must say being able to get away with trick or treating as an adult with my daughter was a lot of fun!

I don't think Gay Days necessarily impacts the earlier part of the week (e.g., 9/28 to 9/30). I think on Sunday (9/27) there will be crowds just because it's a Sunday and weekends always seem busy in the parks as locals and AP holders come in to see the Halloween decor and activities. There might be an uptick in crowds on Thursday (10/1) as the Gay Day crowds start to arrive. Almost certainly the weekend (Fri to Sun) will be busy.

Do you really think this week will be bad for the crowds? We are booked for these dates as well, first time during the Halloween season.

From my experience, in 2010 that was the year when MHP was back at DL and when I went that weekend. That weekend, MHP on Friday, Halloween season and Gay Days contributed the big crowds. In my opinion I would not go that weekend but as figment mentioned that it won't be as bad.

I've gone almost every year to the Halloween parties and never really trick or treat because taking candy back in luggage requires space. Now that I'm a local, I'm gonna trick or treat the heck out of those candy stations!! I'll have candy for a year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter