HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, DS feels better today and DD is still not showing any symptoms, so I'm hopeful we'll be good to go! We decided to drive to Santa Nella on Saturday and drive the rest of the way on Sunday. This way we can go to the parks on Sun-Thurs and do the Halloween party on Friday. We've never gone longer than 4 days at a time, so I hope we don't get sick of being there for almost 6 whole days! We're always running around in such a hurry that I think it'll be nice to slow down and relax a bit. :)

I have deduced that the Toontown pre-party will take place again this year. I didn't get any information from an insider. I didn't find some official announcement in an obscure place. I did see some data Disney officially published, and logically extrapolated from it, that the party will take place.

Care to guess exactly what I saw?

Do tell!

The orange bunting on the gazebo in Toontown, the Mickey pumpkin heads and more bunting at the entrance to Toontown were what made me think there might be a pre-party this year, but that was all I saw to lead me in that direction.

907goz.jpg

I am so excited that the Toontown Pre-Party may be a serious possibility! I think it will be so much fun and such a great start to the party festivities.

I need to go back and read the first page again, but am I correct that they'll check wristbands to get in to it? And it's one hour before the party starts (or was last year?)

Heres a short video. Im thinking I read it was by the restrooms where Fantasyland meets Frontierland, but I could really use some confirmation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQbQdFQ4tQg

That says Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which is WDW, not DL. I've only done one Halloween party, so I am not an expert, but I don't think this is in DL at all.
I agree with DisneyJamieCA that the video was probably from MK's MNSSHP. Although...Fantasyland and Frontierland don't meet up in MK...Fantasyland has a connector to Liberty Square. Still, it makes more sense to me that this is something from MK because they had the dragon promo for New Fantasyland and I would have thought if this was at DL, someone would have mentioned it in last year's SuperThread reviews. Still...more investigation is needed!

Update: I did some more searching and someone else mentioned seeing a dragon peaking out from it's "cave" in Disneyland during MHP. No photos, so still not really sure where it was or if it will be there again. The description was pretty clear that it was in FL and wasn't the cave across from Big Thunder. Anyone remember is any caves are visible from Casey Jr or Storybook Canal?

Great find! Let's hope it means there will be some pre-party Toontown event!

I am so excited that the Toontown Pre-Party may be a serious possibility! I think it will be so much fun and such a great start to the party festivities.

I need to go back and read the first page again, but am I correct that they'll check wristbands to get in to it? And it's one hour before the party starts (or was last year?)
Last year was the first year they had the Toontown pre-party event. They were checking wristbands at the entrance to Toontown and the pre-party started one hour before the party started.

Another question for my Halloween experts.

I mentioned that my Supervisor is coming to DLR during Utah Escapes to Anaheim (October 16th - 19th). He has 2 children and has tickets for MHP on the 17th. He was wondering about getting his children costumes in DL and having them get dressed up there in DL. I don't believe that they will have regular tickets that day - maybe just the party tickets. So, is this even a possibility? Where would they opt to do that?

TIA! He wanted the 411 beforehand so not to disappoint his children (son in 1st grade and daughter is younger than that)

If I understand your question correctly you are asking if you could enter the park to go to an appointment at Pirates League before the party enter time without a day ticket. I don't have any sources to back it up but my guess would be no. You could purchase a costume as mentioned however a pirates league appointment would most likely only be an option during a time you are allowed by your ticket to be in the park.

lorijohnhill said:
I don't understand. How does this point to a Toontown party? Not doubting you at all, but I don't get it... :confused3

The parks would normally be open to regular guests until 6 pm that day, which means so would the ride. They are showing the ride closing at 5pm, which would leave the reasonable assumption that Toontown is being closed early for the pre-party/party guests only.

What exactly IS the Toon Town pre-party? :confused3

From the first page of the thread (but it's a ways down, I missed it initially too and had the same question until I did some searching):

22. What is the Toontown Treat Pre-Party?

**Note -- As of today, July 3, 2014, there is no official information to tell us that the Toontown Treat Pre-Party is returning to Mickey's Halloween Party in 2014. The fate of this event remains a mystery for the moment. I will leave the following information in this post until we find out for sure, one way or the other, if the Pre-Party is returning in September 2014.**

In 2013, Disneyland included Toontown in the Halloween festivities by offering the “Toontown Treat Pre-Party” for guests of MHP. It began one hour before the start of the party (and lasted from either 5:00 pm to 6:00 p.m., or 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.). There were several treat trails set-up within Toontown -- such as in Mickey’s House, Minnie’s House, Donald’s Boat, and two in Toontown Square -- for guests to do some early candy collecting. There were also character meet and greets featuring a few rare characters. Guests reported seeing Clarabelle Cow and Roger Rabbit, along with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and Chip & Dale. Guests were required to have their MHP wristbands to gain entrance into the pre-party.

From what was posted last year, the pre-party was stated to be two hours in length. So, to be technical, only half of it is actually "pre".

That dragon sipper will be mine! :love:

The sipper actually looks much better than I thought it would. I read about it last week, I think, and I had a different image in my mind of what it would look like...which was not as good as what it turned out to be! I have a feeling the sippers will be a big hit this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter