HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the pre party characters the same you could see in the morning, for example pumpkin Donald, goofy Skelton?

Our party is tonight and I am so excited! I keep getting pulled away by kids so I haven't gotten a plan together yet. We definitely want the TT preparty so that's first on our list. I saw earlier that it opens around 4:45, is that right?

what treat trails have particularly good candy/ party specific decor? This will be the kids first trick or treating but I don't want to spend all night on it either.

Pooh bear-how long have the lines been? is he in costume?
Who else is out for the party in costume?

Any other particular photo pass spots to hit while in costume? I don't do heat well so I may ditch my dress after we get through the costumed characters. Hopefully it's not as hot as it seems like it's going to be.

I do believe someone had mentioned bringing a less than three year old (so unpaid) and it was no problem, the just provided no food for them.

As for the villains there are a few mini "show" entrances and exits, I just don't know which ones but the villains coming out will be brought out with the horse drawn carriage and the ones who are currently out ride it in. I think they have been doing half hour sets so it should be on the hour or half. I know they don't do it during the first hour though, as they are still filtering out guests and they don't do it as the very last ones go in before the final show

Thank you so much!! It shouldn't be an issue then. I was worried for capacity reasons as well, so good to know someone else had no issue adding in their baby.

And thank you for the information on the villains! I thought there were only one entrance and exit shows, now I have hope we can catch one :)

Thank you so much!! It shouldn't be an issue then. I was worried for capacity reasons as well, so good to know someone else had no issue adding in their baby.

And thank you for the information on the villains! I thought there were only one entrance and exit shows, now I have hope we can catch one :)

Are you going to a week day or weekend party? Because you're doing the BB dinner it limits the opportunity to see the mini "shows" (it's really just the carriage coming out, villains swapping, the going back in) since they don't to them during the first hour and the last hour, so your only chance, with the dinner, would be after fireworks if you're going on a 7pm party. If not, you could try to stay, we did with my niece asleep (this year in the stroller, last year in a carrier) so we could still enjoy th closing show.

Beginning to properly work on my photos. :D

Forget about Walking Dead - here come Walking Ducks! :D

Are the pre party characters the same you could see in the morning, for example pumpkin Donald, goofy Skelton?

No. Goofy is in a colorful suit, Donald is a Wizard, Daisy is in her old Jamboree outfit, Mickey and Minnie are Zorro and Candy Corn Princess, Pluto has a different collar and Chip and Dale have the old cops and robbers outfit with Dale being the robber.

Our party is tonight and I am so excited! I keep getting pulled away by kids so I haven't gotten a plan together yet. We definitely want the TT preparty so that's first on our list. I saw earlier that it opens around 4:45, is that right?

what treat trails have particularly good candy/ party specific decor? This will be the kids first trick or treating but I don't want to spend all night on it either.

Pooh bear-how long have the lines been? is he in costume?
Who else is out for the party in costume?

Any other particular photo pass spots to hit while in costume? I don't do heat well so I may ditch my dress after we get through the costumed characters. Hopefully it's not as hot as it seems like it's going to be.

Pooh is in his bee outfit, his friends have no costume.

I'd recommend the Piratepalooza trail at Rancho de Zocalo - has characters too, Chip/Dale/Goofy/Donald as pirates, the combinations vary.

we did the party Monday and had so much fun! This is our third year doing it and this was by far the most fun and least crowded! It also helped that my daughter is a bit older and was able to stay awake until the end of the party!

We arrived around 6ish and wanted to eat at Napolis but the line was so long so we just headed straight into the park. Line was long for the AP treat trail but moved quickly and the decorations were nice inside. I used the cinch bag as my trick or treat bag and that worked great, loved having my hands free. They funneled us through the alley to the right of Main Street, there was a treat trail through there as well that was so long, I couldn't believe people were waiting ! I was baffled by how many people were in the long treat trails when there were so many with short lines! I think the longest wee waited was 10 minutes just by bypassing the longer lines. Warning, some can be deceiving and you can't tell how long they really are so keep an eye out! The one by BTMRR snaked all the way through the Mexican restaurant, tricked us!
Anyways, headed toward tomorrowland and Star Tours had no wait so jumped on for that. Then hit a treat trail and ate dinner at Red Rocketts. Space mountain was 25 minutes so we skipped it and hit Matterhorn. I think we waited maybe 5 minutes! We wanted to check out TT but it had just closed so we headed through FL and hit the Treat trail thru the Village HAus. Best TT of the night! Loved the decorations in here!
Hit BTMRR, again about a 5-10 minute wait. The effects through the thunder mountain trail were really neat!
This is when we hit the deceiving Rancho del Z treat trail. That took about 10mintues and unfortunately it started to rain. Got our candy and then headed to Pirates to get out of the rain, unfortunately everybody else had that idea too! Pirates was about a 15min wait. Then hit Splash, walk on! Rain let up a bit, hit some more treat trails then cut across the park to space mountain. Rode twice with no wait!!! We watched the fireworks from the space mountain line , great view with the Matterhorn to the right. We then took some pictures in front of the castle. I could of watched the castle projections and listened to the music for hours! So cool!! Same with the projections on Main Street! So. Icy better than last year!!!
Overall, great value for the money. Tons of candy even though we didn't do as many TT this year. Lines for rides were way shorter this year. Yes walkways were crowded but nothing too bad.
We had so much fun, can't wait to do it again next year. Honestly if there were tickets available I would do it again this year!!

I have been back home for two weeks now and it is just over three weeks since I left Disneyland. For some reason I have not been getting notifications so when I suddenly realized this, I had over 30 pages to catch up with. I am still not quite there, but wanted to respond to a couple of things before I will finish catching up tomorrow. I will also do a little review by the end of the weekend.

It's such a small world! My daughter (who is feeling much better now) and I ran into dolphingirl47 (Corinna) this morning in the PPH lobby! How fun to meet someone from the DIS!

It was so nice to meet you.

Is Thor not in the park anymore? I see Captain America is out before and during the party but I never see anything about Thor anymore. Anyone know?

I saw him on my second full day at Disneyland, but then not again.

Did someone say Rabbit was out during the MHP too?

Yes, during the first party he was swapping out with Eeyore.

The Villain arrivals are nowhere as spectacular as last year. They pretty much just walk to their spot from the cast exit, unless something has changed since I went.

On the September 30th party they did arrive in a carriage and there was a little show at every change over.

Corinna

On the September 30th party they did arrive in a carriage and there was a little show at every change over.

Corinna

During the first hour too? I thought it had been established no carriage until the park was cleared of non party guests.

Just saw this, sorry for the delay. No, they are in entirely different costumes that are exclusive to the pre-party. Mickey is Zorro, Minnie has a candy corn dress, Donald is a wizard, Daisy is a cowgirl (I guess? Pink gingham and hat/boots), Goofy is in his Candy Co. suit, Pluto has candy corn tag on his collar, and Chip & Dale are cop & robber.

One more sleep! And only a short sleep at that! Leaving for the airport at 3:30 am tomorrow. Boarding passes printed and I am finishing packing the toiletries then we are all set! Got my first email reminder for WoC dining at Ariels for Monday :banana:

Goodness, went offline to tackle some hardcore work and suddenly we're only 5 days out from our Halloween trip!! :D

So great to hear most people like MSBB, I'm very excited. My only issue is still about my baby being the 5th person in our party, and he's not counted in our prepaid amount for 4 people. I've called Disney Dine multiple times, told to call a special number, which I have twice and left messages, with no return call. I also emailed Disney Help and was told to call Disney Dine, which takes me back full circle. Has anyone taken their baby, and were there any issues?

Also, and I apologize if this is information I missed somewhere, are there villain entry mini-shows? I didn't know about the villain exit show, but we'll likely not be around that late, so I'd like to catch their entry. If so, what is the best tactic to have a good view?

Exciiiiited! :)

You may be already at DL, but wanted to confirm that YES, there is no problem with the baby. We brought our son - I had a confirmation in writing and a voicemail from the Special Events department, but when we got there, they had no knowledge of our son's addition to our package! However, it was no problem at all and the BB CMs happily brought us a high chair and all went very well from that point on. So, I hope your experience is the same - have a great time!

Are you going to a week day or weekend party? Because you're doing the BB dinner it limits the opportunity to see the mini "shows" (it's really just the carriage coming out, villains swapping, the going back in) since they don't to them during the first hour and the last hour, so your only chance, with the dinner, would be after fireworks if you're going on a 7pm party. If not, you could try to stay, we did with my niece asleep (this year in the stroller, last year in a carrier) so we could still enjoy th closing show.

Thank you so much for that advice!!!! :goodvibes We are going to two parties, 27th and 29th. BB on the 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter