• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess yesterday pins from oogie bash are now open to public :(
The jumbo is going quick
Headed to Dl to spot check other stuff

Attachments

• AFA91CF2-D1D5-406F-AEAB-F89239551B6D.jpeg
    AFA91CF2-D1D5-406F-AEAB-F89239551B6D.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 45
We have been going to the Halloween parties since they started many years ago. This is the first year I have been incredibly disappointed. We went on Sunday, 9/30 and I have never felt so crowded on a party night. The walkway from Soarin to Little Mermaid was jam packed all night. Even the Hollywood area felt crowded. RSR and TSMM both had lines all night of 20-30 minutes. I'm used to rides being a walk-on at the parties. The longest I ever waited on a party night in the past was 10 minutes for Haunted Mansion. With fewer rides at DCA and what I can only imagine as the same or more people, it just wasn't as enjoyable of an event. Each treat station handed 1 or 2 pieces of candy unlike the 3-4 pieces or handfuls of years past. (I don't need more candy just making the comparison/showing the cut-back.) Years ago when it was in DCA, I enjoyed the human scarecrows and the classic characters out in costume on the wharf and all the big candy corn! Something about that charm was missing for me. I did like the Villains Grove. It reminded me of something like Enchanted Forest at Descanso Gardens. We walked the Grove at 10:30pm and stayed until 11pm so we basically had it to ourselves. I can see it not being enjoyable when they are marching you through in a line as it needs to be experienced with space around you! Of course my mom wanted a spirit jersey and as you've heard, they sold out last Thursday. We used to always go to the first party and they would often not have all the merchandise so we decided to wait until the end of September and they are already sold out. Disappointing but not entirely unexpected. All in all, I don't feel like it was worth it. The price went up, no parking included, no hopper included, more crowded, longer lines, sold out merchandise, no fireworks, no Haunted Mansion = not for us anymore. Super bummed because we always looked forward to this event.

Thank you for posting. I value your opinion highly because you have gone to these parties basically since they have started and you have parties that were held in DCA to compare. I hope the suits at Disney will listen to the people and change things for the better.

What??? Is this management's answer to the mob scenes and chaos?

I think so, at this time only pins are available from oogies bash as I just got that jumbo on a non party day and we talked at length about that change with the cast members who worked at the pin area in DCA, other merch will still be vetted by cast members for proof of band at purchase.

I just don't get what is so hard about making party exclusive merchandise only available during the party and sold in a civilized manner.
Seriously, start selling only once the party starts (not the mix-in), keep the merchandise behind the counter, one of each item per ticket, orderly lines. Done. Oh, and make enough of the items so they last until Halloween!

We went on Halloween last year and nothing was left - I get that it is the last day but it is the actual holiday. Not to mention the AP items I always seem to miss.

This has happened frequently during my stay, party merchandise suddenly becoming public for a while and then being pulled again.

Food items part 2. Phone still thinks Pokemon Go is the devil, but at least I managed to download the pictures.

mickey.jpg

Mickey Ice Cream Bar

Standard Mickey Ice Cream Bar with a Vampire Bat Cookie. The first one we had was nice, the cookie was freshly baked and nicely accentuated the ice cream. Second one not so much, cookie was stale and had an odd texture.

minnie.jpg

Minnie Ice Cream Bar

Again, standard ice cream bar with a chocolate decoration instead of the cookie.

witch.jpg

Witch's Fingers

Pretzel breadstick "fingers" with almond nails and a honey butter dipping sauce. Run there, do not walk, and order this delicious treat. We were actually extremely close to skipping dinner and getting a second serving.

20190915_145559.jpg

Cheese Dog with Tomato Soup

Listing because it was billed as "seasonal hot dog".

Sausage has a bit of a kick, but still well tolerable for me. The cheese blend worked nicely with the tomato soup.

20190917_122614.jpg

The Sea Witch

Rum, blue curaçao, grenadine, and Sprite. I don't do alcohol very often, so others won't find this as strong as I did. It was absolutely delicious and I was a teeny tiny bit slap happy drunk. 2 thumbs up.

20190917_123701.jpg

Halloween Burger

Grass-fed beef patty with melted spicy Jack cheese and chipotle sauce. Heaven. It is a bit of a walk there, but the great decoration in the lobby, the Sea Witch and this Burger should make you consider a trip.

20190918_135219.jpg

Poison Appletini

Does this one still need an introduction? ;)

Apple whiskey, liqueur, bitters, cranberry juice,

20190922_182701.jpg

Villains Cookies

Cookies seem to change weekly, featured is the Queen of Hearts version. They also still do the cookie shots there (alcoholic version available) which are just as delicious as last year.

20190921_182300.jpg

Salted Cookie Fingers

Those were recommended to us as "seasonal item", but I see they are on the normal menu. Still very nice and enjoyable.

20190922_090243.jpg

Darth by Chocolate Parfait

Layers of red velvet cake, ganache, cookies, dark chocolate mousse, and chocolate cake topped with chocolate flakes, a chocolate Darth Vader helmet and a mini chocolate lightsaber.

Can't go wrong with that one if you like chocolate. ;)

Part 3 - I am not a foodie, but did my best to report. ;)

20190920_141913.jpg

The Long-Forgotten Duelist Tacos (HM Anniversary Item)

Two fry bread tacos featuring grilled fajita beef and braised butter chicken served with Mexican rice and pickled vegetables.

A lot of food, can easily be shared. I liked it, but learned something new that day. Pickled in a Mexican dish does not equal pickled in a German dish. Boy were the pickled vegetables hot.

20190923_135606.jpg

Spicy Pepper Jack Cheese Stick

Batter-dipped, drizzled with blackberry sauce and topped with sweet pineapple salsa, pickled serranos and crushed cheese puffs. Now that came with a warning "spicy" and I didn't find it spicy at all. The salsa took a lot of the heat out of it.

20190924_150033.jpg

Underworld Libation

Rum Cocktail with flavors of Hawaiian Tropical Fruit and Cotton Candy Garnish. Very strong, rum overpowered any flavors. I imagine the Cotton Candy is supposed to make it look Hades-like, but didn't quite work. ;)

Last edited:
I liked it, but learned something new that day. Pickled in a Mexican dish does not equal pickled in a German dish. Boy were the pickled vegetables hot.

Thank you for all of the reviews so far, but I just had to comment on this one. I had the same experience in reverse when I went to Germany! :teeth:

You're welcome.

Thank you for all of the reviews so far, but I just had to comment on this one. I had the same experience in reverse when I went to Germany! :teeth:

Yeah, my friends got a slightly disgusted look on their faces when I explained German "pickled." Funny enough I didn't think it was that far off from the pickles I had tried in the US before, but you never cease to learn. :D

It's in honor for the Haunted Mansion's 50th anniversary (instead of HalloweenTime), but the decor in the DLH is worth checking out if you're over there. There are two photo backdrops and a cool set of elevators.

The doors into the hotel from the main entrance.
image011_zpskwz6pw2s.jpg

Just past the smaller of the two gift shops.
image010_zpsdgnltz8z.jpg

In the area where Santa usually meets, just past the main shop.
image009_zpsmghb7ys9.jpg

The three main elevators (the ones at the entrance to the hotel, to the right of the registration desk) has the Hitchhiking Ghosts on the doors and on the inside.
image014_zpsjiq0kvfq.jpg

image013_zpsbgf8irqc.jpg

image012_zpstpo8cgrm.jpg

image017_zps7bkflkqf.jpg

image016_zpsnkrcmhsm.jpg

image015_zps82ptydzn.jpg

Will be at DLR next Thursday with hoppers, but will not have tickets to the Halloween party. Any tips for crowd management? What time are party goers allowed in? Wondering how I should plan our time between both parks. We currently have 4:30 dinner reservations at Wine Country Trattoria. Thanks!

The party goers can get into DCA at 3:00pm. It has been years since we did the party at DL, but I think it started getting really crowded at 4ish and then let up around 7 when it was just the party people. We will be there next week and didn’t get party tickets this year.

Our plan on Tuesday (party day) is Lamplight reservation are 2:30pm. Maybe have a fast pass or two in hand for 4-5:30 at D-CALIF and then move to DL. I expect big crowds at DL during the party, but hope it isn’t too bad.

Im going to Disneyland for one day, my first time, during Halloween. I will not be going tomDCA, just Disneyland. I’m looking at either 10/23 or 10/24. The bash is on the 24th. Will his draw people AWAY from Disneyland, or to it? Or does it even out?

Also, I’m looking for restaraunts suggestions! Im going for my birthday, so I’m looking for one or two of the best table service restaraunts in the Park!

Thank you all!

I was at the party tonight (10/3), and it was kind of crowded when I entered the park at about 4:30 pm. Close to 6 pm, lots of people without wristbands were milling around until they literally hit lines of cast members and were told that it was time to start heading back to the entrance in order to leave. Treat trails were as other people have already reported - some cast members gave handfuls of stuff and other would give a single dinky package of Skittle or a teeny Twix bar. Very odd, since they appeared to have lots of give-away goods in the carts and caldrons. After about 8 pm, rides had reasonably short lines, especially during the parade and during Villainous. Treat trail lines generally got less and less crowded over the evening as well.

Have to say that the Halloween overlays were pretty fun, lots to look. Didn't shop for Halloween party goods, so no report there. As usual - lots of great people watching :).

Im going to Disneyland for one day, my first time, during Halloween. I will not be going tomDCA, just Disneyland. I’m looking at either 10/23 or 10/24. The bash is on the 24th. Will his draw people AWAY from Disneyland, or to it? Or does it even out?

Also, I’m looking for restaraunts suggestions! Im going for my birthday, so I’m looking for one or two of the best table service restaraunts in the Park!

Thank you all!
As the pp noted, the parties tend to increase crowds at the park without the party since guests with parkhoppers-but-no-party-tickets have nowhere else to go. The crowds shouldn't be noticeably larger earlier in the day, but once the crossover hours begin, you might see the crowds pick up. Then once the party starts, all non-party guests will be forced to go to DTD or to DL.
As for TS locations, what kind of food do you like? Look on the DLR website under Things to Do, then click on Make Reservations. You'll be able to see the TS locations in DL, DTD, and the on site hotels and check the menus. If you're interested in seeing F! on your birthday, why not book a F! Dining Package to celebrate? The BB package comes with a souvenir cushion to sit on during the show (all reserved viewing with the Dining Packages is ground seating). The Dining Packages have the best viewing areas for F! -- front and center, right at the waterfront. If you can dine outside the park, look at the menus for NR (GCH), S55 (DLH), Catal (DTD), Jazz Kitchen (DTD), and maybe Trader Sam's (DLH). Don't forget to note your birthday on your reservation and to get yourself a Birthday Button (and wear it proudly all day!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter