• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redwood Challenge Trail, along with the stuff in the Animation Academy are not open for the party. I think the Fun Wheel is also closed.

Fun Wheel was closed when I was in the area, but not totally sure if WOD related or not - was shortly after first show let out.

Fun Wheel was closed when I was in the area, but not totally sure if WOD related or not - was shortly after first show let out.
I recall it was closed after the first parade finished as well, but that's also close to the start time for WoC.

Can you get the pumpkin spice beignets at downtown Disney? I usually get the Halloween season beignets at the Halloween parties each year, but this year the party is in DCA, I don’t think any place in DCA sells beignets, correct?

I thought I read somewhere that Ralph Brennan's had them, but I don't see it on their menu. I don't know if they update it for seasonal things, though.

Hello all! Went to last Thursday (10/3)'s Oogie Boogie Bash. This thread was so helpful in planning out our night. Thank you all!

Wanted to report back with a few observations for a few FAQs that I didn't know going in (forgive me if they've been covered over the past few days)

• They let us in the park at 2:30

• MaxPass is included with the park ticket and we took advantage of that. From 2:30-6:00, we were able to ride Incredicoaster twice, Grizzly River Run, and Soarin' all using MaxPass. Guardians was a walk-on when we arrived to didn't need it for that

• PhotoPass is included

• Carthay Circle Lounge is open during the party

• Ride crowds during the party were inconsistent. Radiator Springs 35 mins around 9:45, that was the longest we waited. Most everything else was manageable

• Kingdom Hearts line looked long @ beginning of party. Later in the night looked much better.

• Took Disboards advice and watched the parade from Little Mermaid then hightailed it to Villains Grove immediately after that. This was an excellent strategy. 5-minute wait for Villains Grove doing this

• Did Oogie Boogie and Mad Hatter treat trails around 9:30, no wait for either at that time

• Kim wasn't out, but Ron Stoppable had NO ONE in his line. No one.

• As others have said, World of Color was stress-free. I got paranoid and got there 30 mins early just in case but could've arrived much later and been fine

I know all parties are sold out. But, is it possible for hotel guests to get "day of" tickets? We just decided today to book GCH for 10/30-11/1. Would love to attend 10/31 party. I'll just have to ask when we check in. All they can say is no...

I know all parties are sold out. But, is it possible for hotel guests to get "day of" tickets? We just decided today to book GCH for 10/30-11/1. Would love to attend 10/31 party. I'll just have to ask when we check in. All they can say is no...
See below for recent posts about this. There are reports that day of tickets are limited to approximately 100 tickets per on site hotel for registered guests only. So ask when you check in and be at the desk early!

Are there any reports this year of being able to buy tickets day of as a resort guest? We went to the party on Thursday, but have friends who missed out on getting tickets for Halloween night and are staying at the DLH. Thanks!
Yes. They still have tickets, but a very limited number and the demand on the day seems pretty high.
We had a friend in our party who was able to buy two tickets the morning of the party at the DLH. Tickets went on sale at 6:30am. There were a few people in line, might be bussier on actual Halloween though.

We also went to the 10/3 party.

We entered around 3:00 just to grab our wristbands and bags, it took a few minutes in the wristband line, but not too bad.

We then got in our costumes at the Californian once our room was ready, we had an awesome view of WOC so we decided we would likely go back and watch it from our balcony.

We got back to the party around 5pm.

There was a bit of an issue outside Carthay around 5:45 when a group was really upset that they weren't allowed in to the bar area because they didn't have wristbands. The manager had to come out and explain that they restrict entry a bit before the actual turn over time to give them time to ensure that they don't have lots of non party goers camped out during the party. We were able to bypass that once the CM realized we were not part of that group, and Carthay was empty, only a couple people at the bar and a couple tables filled.

We had no issues with ride lines, radiator springs was posted as 40min but we got through in 20. MAD was a walk on every time we did it as were the other rides we did.

We got a high top table right on the parade route at Sonoma terrace just shy of 30min before the parade started and it was awesome. The tables around us were filled by about 10min before the parade started.

We went right from there to Villians Grove and waited maybe 10min, the line moved fast, it was great, we really liked this.

We then went to the Animation Academy for that treat trail with Oogie Boogie and walked right in, this was much shorter of a wait than it was when we had passed earlier in the party so if the line looks really long early on, check back, because we did not wait at all.

We went back to the Californian in time for the second WOC and watched it from our balcony in my pjs, perfect ending to the night, although neither of us really liked the show.

We didn't try food lines or merchandise so I have no clue how those were.

Any update on the Oogie Boogie Bash dining package and where the location is for viewing? Is this still so popular that they are shifting the viewing location to a non-prime spot, or does this have a premium feel to it? Is there any chance this is a seated location?

Anyone have information about how much Halloween even merch is left (not specific to Oogie Boogie, just in general). Want those mickey pumpkin ear hats and they're sold out online! Our trip is on Oct. 24 (just over two weeks).

We went to the 10/6 party and had a great time! We went to MHP a number of years back and didn't feel it was 'worse' at DCA as others have complained but everyone has different priorities and experiences, of course. The only piece that might have been nice for them to bring over would have been the Cadaver Dans...

I should preface this by saying that I like to see characters but literally just walking by and seeing them is good for me. We don't typically do much in the way of character photos/ M&G. My older two could generally care less and my younger is both ageing out of that a bit and wouldn't recognize many of the characters (disney afternoon, kingdom hearts) and doesn't like to meet villains anyway (except Maleficent and Evil Queen). We also had no interest

Due to a variety of reasons we didn't end up getting to the DLH to check in until about 5pm then had to get ready so entered the party around 7pm (would have been earlier but the security line at DTD was NUTS!!) I guess the nice part was no lines to get in at the main gate or for wristbands. Saw Pinocchio and Blue Fairy were meeting by the fountain as we walked by which was neat. We stopped at the headless horseman statue for a family photo. Only 3 parties in front of us so that went pretty quickly. I was surprised to see how many people were already staking out spots for the parade. Seemed like a waste of party time to me since the parade was still well over an hour away, especially from that portion of the route. We headed for the Dr. Facilier immersive trail first- he was great! We then headed over the Mad Hatter trail which was also neat but the location seemed a little weird. I guess they make do with the spaces they have. Then rode GOTG: MAD (first time on that version for us- LOVED it!!). The ride was a walk on. After we rode GOTG the Headless Horseman was making his way down the parade route so we easily grabbed a spot right at the corner in front of Hyperion (but across the street). We were a couple people back from the curb but still had a great view and watched the short but enjoyable parade.

I knew there was a DescenDance party at 8:45 which was pretty much right after the parade so we crossed the street and headed back there (DD8 was dressed as Evie so she for sure wanted to go). The dancers were great but I was a little embarrassed for them that the video clips where they had the actual Descendants actors talking were out of sync with the audio- it looked terrible. My younger two enjoyed the party for a while but we didn't stay for the whole thing. We crossed back over to the Oogie Boogie immersive trail. DD8 was happy to see Oogie's platform was empty when we entered but he came out a minute or so later, much to her dismay, and then he even spoke to her too but she survived.

We then wasted a bit of time getting some dinner at Smokejumpers but the kids needed food and we hadn't had time earlier. I don't know if its seasonal or I just didn't notice it before but the pork belly and green chile mac and cheese was delicious! We did mobile order but I'm not sure we needed to as the place wasn't very busy.

Loved seeing the Rescue Rangers as we walked by on the way to the Maleficent immersive trail- she was fantastic! She and Dr. Facilier were the best of them, in our opinion. Then we headed over to the Evil Queen one. DD8 was a little bummed that she didn't acknowledge that she was dressed as Evie (Maleficent and Dr Facilier did make reference to it) as she is the Evil Queen's daughter but oh well. The villains grove line was a little crazy at that point- app said 35 min wait and it was doubled back all the way down the the Grand and back- so we decided to come back later.

Headed over to ride Ariel per DD8's request then DD14 and DD10 wanted to ride Incredicoaster so we headed over there. Then we were going to hit the CarsLand treat trails but as we walked of the Pier DD8 realized she had left her Minnie loungefly backpack on a bench over by IC :worried: . So she and I headed back to the area to look for it but no luck (good news though! We submitted a lost item report online and they contacted us yesterday that they had her backpack and we picked it up!) and the older two hit the CL treat trails. I forgot to warn them that the entrance to the one by Fillmore's is on the wharf and they couldn't figure it out but went to the one in the back. Our candy bags were pretty full by this point anyway.

It was just about time for the second WoC at this point and there were still plenty of good viewing options. Even though Villainous was one of the main reasons I really wanted to go the party, we ended up deciding to skip it in favor of visiting Villains Grove. I do not regret this at all. We walked into Villains Grove at about 10:45. Zero line and not very crowded so we could take our time walking through and we all thought it was spectacular. They basically had to chase us out of there at the end of the night. I will watch Villainous online at some point but the lackluster reviews de-prioritized it for me...and I figured it would translate better to watching later on YouTube than walking through Villains Grove.

All in all we really enjoyed the party. If we hadn't gotten there late we probably would have been able to fit in WoC and a visit to the AP area but those are really the only two things we missed that we were interested in. I could definitely see things feeling more rushed if we were trying to see tons of characters though.

Over in DL yesterday the park was VERY busy during the middle part of the day. We overheard a couple of security folks saying "It's crazy today! Where were all this people in the summer??" Enjoyed the Halloween decorations as always and loved HMH, of course. Made good use of MP and several times scored almost immediate FPs by frequently refreshing (including for HMH and HSM). We tried the wedding cake and doom buggy cake at French Market- wedding cake was soooo good. Doom Buggy was...eh. Maleficent churro was also meh (and made your lips and mouth a really gross green color). Really liked the loaded fleet fries at Galactic Grill and didn't think they were too spicy.

A random assort of pictures from the end of September trip. Mostly just because I've gotten them uploaded (finally!)

The kid in me was really liked seeing Chip and Dale in their Rescue Ranger outfits. They seemed pretty popular, especially with tourists from overseas. The amount of stuff some of those guests bring with them is amazing (clothes, accessories, plush, buttons/pins, etc.)!
image048_zpsw6qdxge6.jpg

The treat trail inflatables kind of set the tone for the party. Gone were the cute Mickey ghosts and in their place were Oogie Boogie-inspired creatures.
image034_zpsnr9ukwkb.jpg

The treat trail through the bakery was kind of neat. They covered the windows with spooky ghost pictures.
image013_zpsry49fm3q.jpg

This year's Haunted Mansion Gingerbread House (err...Mansion) is a replica of the Mansion itself. I didn't think the house itself was as impressive as past years' houses, but the appearing/disappearing ghost cookies were a neat touch.
image022_zpskj9dgupx.jpg

image021_zpsueyakwro.jpg

The Grand Californian has a pretty impressive Oogie Boogie confectionery display in the lobby.
image003_zpsbychqpf3.jpg

If they're still doing the "meet a pastry chef" event on Wed and Sat afternoons, it's worth a visit if you're interested in the confectionery display. The chefs had a lot of interesting information about the Oogie Boogie show piece and about the gingerbread house.
image010_zpsxbbzzha5.jpg

Oogie Boogie's glow cube dice are pretty cool and only available at the Hollywood Lounge. They either come with the Worms, Dice, and Everything Nice drink or can be added to the My Bugs! My Bugs! drink (for those that don't want alcohol).
image006_zpsauyph3gh.jpg

The purple cauldron cake pops were very impressive. Lots of detail!
image011_zpstbud9zsh.jpg

Admittedly nothing really special about the Boogie Man Sundae at Clarabelle's (mint chip ice cream with fudge, cookie crumbles, and gummy worms), but still yummy to eat!
image019_zpstjdnawmo.jpg

Anyone have information about how much Halloween even merch is left (not specific to Oogie Boogie, just in general). Want those mickey pumpkin ear hats and they're sold out online! Our trip is on Oct. 24 (just over two weeks).
From what I heard the candy corn spirit jerseys are sold out. I saw the Mickey pumpkin eat hats 2 weekends ago in Pioneer mercantile. I’m going to the parks on October 14 and can keep an eye out

Curious if any vegetarians have done the Haunted Mansion Tea this year the DLH. I actually have it booked two days (different guests joining me). I've done the standard Disneyland Hotel Tea before and they've always been able to make small changes to make it vegetarian, however, this year the menu looks fairly meat heavy. I think there is only one tea sandwich that is vegetarian by default. I'm not really excited at the thought of them swapping out the adult meat sandwiches for children's menu stuff... but I'm fine if they just do some cucumber or watercress and cheese sandwich or an egg salad or something. I just don't know if these are essentially pre-made ahead of time or what...

Has anyone that's a vegetarian attended this specific tea yet? Anything to report?

I'll be checking in about 3 days before my first tea reservation so I can specifically go talk to the host before hand to add a vegetarian request ahead of time if needed (they don't have this as an option when booking online) but in previous experience with Disney, even when putting in requests, they sort of handle that stuff at time of check in, so I've stopped trying to call ahead and having it noted down.

Totally unrelated side question, is there anyway to get Napa Rose Chef's Table (which you HAVE to call to get) reservations linked with your Disney account so they show up with all your other dining reservations?

I've been told the Party exclusive spirtit jerseys are gone too. But that story was going around a number of times, and they always had at least some for the next party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter