Halloween 2010 at the Fort with the TCD Gang!

101_0437.jpg

Notice the guy in the body bag has a Vikings hat on, and that the skull to the left is sporting a Lions hat. You can't see it in the photo, but there was another skull on the other side of the blow-up with a Bears cap.

Serious cheeseheads here!

So, this post is a bit shorter than normal.

That's so we can start with the November 1 am photos in a new post.

The end is near!

TCD

Not gonna lie.. I'm a HUGE packers fan and we stopped to take a picture by this site!! Was hoping to find the owners, but they weren't around. Maybe they're DISers? :wave2: Was my first time wandering the campsites of the Fort and I was amazed with the friendliness of the campers!! Everyone said hi, gave us tips on which loops to see, and one teen even gave us a ride on his cart back to our car. What a pleasant visit :goodvibes

KFK, I did ride HM with Donnie last Halloween, and he was a perfect gentleman.

But you didn't hear that from me ;)

LOL. Looks like his rep is coming undone.

Tell DH that Tom and Sha said that you have to go, you are now part of Mission '11.

You have to watch for Donnie period. You are married, remember?:rotfl2:

:dance3: Can't wait! Now I must put my evil plan into action in getting DH there! Mischief and mayhem....HERE I COME!!!

....and I will have my Donnie-dar turned on. :rotfl:

omg was that you?

Donnie, you're gonna have to start keeping a log book. ;)

Sorry TCD....I can never stay on topic. In person or on the boards.

Great report, as always! Always love a TCD report.

Having said that, I am now totally sicked out (as my daughter would say):

:sick: Eeeeew.

Other than that, thanks!

Leslie

Holy e-coli, Batman! :scared1: Can't believe anyone would be that careless for the next guest. That's why I always spray my water hookup with clorox before I hook up my hose. Now I'll have to spray the grill too.

Wait, I have my own grill...Phew! :thumbsup2

Best Regards!

That is so disgusting and why i never use onsite grills. Seriously, what is wrong with people?

It's still Saturday morning, October 30th.

Here's my last shot from the Settlement area from that morning:

We always hit the quick serve restaurant at the Poly for at least one meal on each visit. We like the self-serve Dole Whip machine. So that is where we headed for lunch.

Something we also love.

Lots of folks were preparing their carts for this afternoon's parade.

One of our favorites was this creation on the 2000 loop:

101_0057.jpg

Completely missed this as we were there Halloween night ourselves- so much Halloween cuteness!

The group camping area was full of happy campers. Make sure that you notice all of the pumpkins:

These folks were set up on the 1000 loop. I know that they have been here for at least the last three Halloweens. They are the Halloween equivalent of the 1600 loop Christmas overachievers:
101_0066.jpg

The thing that I always remember about these folks is that they bring that big old car-port type canopy, and they set up a pretty elaborate kitchen, including a full sized refrigerator. No roughing it for them!

I was told by a CM that a family lives here year round, but they have to leave one day a year(residency issues??) Maybe this is thiers??? I guess you would know better than me though!

One of the things that I often neglect to do is to stop and really appreciate the attention to detail some people give to their site decorations.

For example, this is just a small part of the display from one of my 700 loop neighbor's display:

101_0074.jpg

Do you notice the headless dolls at each tombstone?

And then the heads lined up beneath the bride?

creepy :)

And, the bride had a glowing, beating heart.

Just like in the Haunted Mansion.

Wow!
We enjoyed a lazy afternoon at the Fort.

And, before we knew it, it was time for the cart parade.

We headed out to just outside the 700 loop to watch . . .

TCD

Thanks for all your pics. I like them. My first trip to FW and WDW was in 1986 when I was 16. We had a pop-up we travelled everywhere in. We went to River Country which I have fond memories of b/c I LOVED it. It felt like Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn books.

We stayed at FW this past weekend and I thank you for all your pics of RC and FW in general. We were tenting it on the 2000 loop. My family is looking forward to going again soon. The Christmas decor going up is
a-freaking-mazing!

LOL

Lori

I was told by a CM that a family lives here year round, but they have to leave one day a year(residency issues??) Maybe this is thiers??? I guess you would know better than me though!

Nope, not them.

I know of just one family who has currently been at the Fort for over one year, but even they don't live at the Fort- they are just enjoying a nice long visit.

TCD

Thank you TCD and the Gang for another fun-tastic Trip Report!! :worship:

You rock!!
What fun I had reading all about your adventures. Looking forward to another TR in the Future. Hope it won't be too long!

I love your Rocky, too!! :love: I think Rocky needs a girlfriend. I can hook him up with my Frenchie, Katie! (She's in my siggie)

I want to thank you T (can I call ya by your first name) for the chicken skin. I had all kinds of stuff, peperoni, turkey skin,hotdogs and worms but nothing worked as well as the chicken skin. I haven't fished long but I did pretty good as far as I was concerned although its a little rigged in that pond. I had just enough to last me till we left although it was all getting a little rank on the last day. Thanks again and it was good to see you again.

Bob

I want to thank you T (can I call ya by your first name) for the chicken skin. I had all kinds of stuff, peperoni, turkey skin,hotdogs and worms but nothing worked as well as the chicken skin. I haven't fished long but I did pretty good as far as I was concerned although its a little rigged in that pond. I had just enough to last me till we left although it was all getting a little rank on the last day. Thanks again and it was good to see you again.

Bob

I now know why Bob always stays in the 600 loop. He has fishing in his back yard. If he depended on his cart to get him to the fishin hole they'd all be dead by the time he got to them.

I now know why Bob always stays in the 600 loop. He has fishing in his back yard. If he depended on his cart to get him to the fishin hole they'd all be dead by the time he got to them.

At least it doesn't run out of gas! Slow and steady wins the race.

Thank you TCD and the Gang for another fun-tastic Trip Report!! :worship:

You rock!!
What fun I had reading all about your adventures. Looking forward to another TR in the Future. Hope it won't be too long!

I love your Rocky, too!! :love: I think Rocky needs a girlfriend. I can hook him up with my Frenchie, Katie! (She's in my siggie)

Thanks!

Sorry, Rocky is still too young to date. But, I will show him Katie's photo and see what he thinks.

Bob

Boy- I'll bet the fish are missing all the treats you fed them!

Glad to hear the chicken skin worked for you!

See you at the Fort!

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter