Hall of president solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, after Trump's term/s and before the next election return the attraction to its original format- Lincoln and/or Washington being the only speaker/s. I feel we are too divided as a nation now to ever have a president in my lifetime who will be accepted by nearly everyone.. And Americans' behavior in general now is beyond being able to be polite where there is political disagreement. And don't get me wrong, this saddens me as an American.

as much as I dislike that goof ball (that's putting it lightly) I believe we should leave the attraction the way it was intended to be. give Trump and his supporters his place on stage, like it or not he earned it. I'll grin and bear it for the sake of a classic Disney attraction. just because I don't like something doesn't mean I have the right to infringe on someone else's enjoyment. I'm sure the Trumpsters won't like our next president ;) and I would hope they will afford us the same civility.
that being said, you and I know there will be some folks who will be unruly. I guess those folks will just have to be dealt with on a day to day basis until it finally subsides or until they have to shut the attraction back down and come up with a plan B.

The challenge for Disney is that not everyone will behave such as you. There are already reports of people actively Booing the Obama animatronic and I think it is safe to say things are even more heated now within our country

As a point of example, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) held their Summerslam event in Brooklyn this past August and there were protestors outside because the WWE has Trump in their Hall of Fame ... if people were doing that I can see Disney being worried about what people would / will do when the HoP reopens with Trump in it. Could protestors line up outside the attraction, linking arms to prevent people from going in? Would they want a scene like that?

Ohhh, and the guests could be haunted by the ghosts of presidents past. :duck:
I could definitely see a Christmas Carol/Hall of Presidents/Haunted Mansion mash-up where we are haunted by ghosts of the past, present and future.

"Cool story, bro! The life and times of Calvin Coolidge"
I'd prefer Filmore. That way you could have Donald Duck introduce his cousin Mallard Filmore.
That`s what I say, make it a Hall of Presidents restaurant! LOL
Hall of Pancakes???
as much as I dislike that goof ball (that's putting it lightly) I believe we should leave the attraction the way it was intended to be.
Seriously now. What is the way it was intended to be? Recent incarnations with the current president speaking? Or the original version that only had Washington and Lincoln?

The challenge for Disney is that not everyone will behave such as you. There are already reports of people actively Booing the Obama animatronic and I think it is safe to say things are even more heated now within our country

As a point of example, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) held their Summerslam event in Brooklyn this past August and there were protestors outside because the WWE has Trump in their Hall of Fame ... if people were doing that I can see Disney being worried about what people would / will do when the HoP reopens with Trump in it. Could protestors line up outside the attraction, linking arms to prevent people from going in? Would they want a scene like that?

Actually, the booing began long before Obama. I go every visit and remember every sitting president booed (even if by one or two idiots)since at least Reagan. Nixon was the sitting president when the attraction opened and even during Watergate people remained respectful during the roll call. It was just a different time culturally.

I'd prefer Filmore. That way you could have Donald Duck introduce his cousin Mallard Filmore.

Hall of Pancakes???

Seriously now. What is the way it was intended to be? Recent incarnations with the current president speaking? Or the original version that only had Washington and Lincoln?

disclaimer; let me clarify my statement, "intended to be" is only my opinion on what I believe the original imagineers had in mind. I don't know. I'm just assuming the original Disney imagineers kinda knew this attraction would be ever evolving and changing with each new president elected. as for the current president speaking, I don't want this guy to ruin it for future (or past) presidents, let him talk.
unfortunately this is the kind of crap we have to deal with these days.

Last edited:

I'm going to try to stay positive.

Last edited:

This situation is really unfortunate that this guy's divisiveness has spilled over to my happy place. I don't expect to change anyone's mind, but I'm going to try to stay positive.

I fully agree and I try to do the same - but I can understand Disney being concerned about the worst case scenario happening

Create a complex of three "Halls"....

1. Hall of Presidents, as is(with Trump).
2. Hall of Protesters, for people who are staunchly against adding Trump to the HOP.
3. One in the middle combining Protesters and Presidents, called "Hall of Protestants". It would be a completely unique attraction altogether, obviously.

This situation is really unfortunate that this guy's divisiveness has spilled over to my happy place. I don't expect to change anyone's mind, but I'm going to try to stay positive.

The problem is not so much the current President's divisiveness. Other presidents have been divisive as well. (It's all in the eyes of the beholder.) The problem is that many who disagree with the current President have shown a shocking lack of respect and self-control.

Create a complex of three "Halls"....

1. Hall of Presidents, as is(with Trump).
2. Hall of Protesters, for people who are staunchly against adding Trump to the HOP.
3. One in the middle combining Protesters and Presidents, called "Hall of Protestants". It would be a completely unique attraction altogether, obviously.

I got 95 theses but the need for 3 Halls of Presidents isn't one of them

The problem is not so much the current President's divisiveness. Other presidents have been divisive as well. (It's all in the eyes of the beholder.) The problem is that many who disagree with the current President have shown a shocking lack of respect and self-control.
IIRC, disparaging remarks about followers of one politician or party (or in this case, non-followers) is why we can no longer discuss such things here.

Honestly I wish the attraction could stay the way it is for tradition sake, but unfortunately people are not able to be reasonable regarding politics. This goes for both sides of the political coin. I go to Disney World to get away from the real world and have a fun time, not to listen to people argue about politics. Because of this I will most likely not visit the attraction even if it does remain the same as I will be leery of what might happen between guests.

Sadly, I do think it's time for this attraction, in it's current format, to go. While I actually really enjoy the attraction, I find myself dreading what will happen during the show. I can't remember the last time I did this attraction and didn't have several people LOUDLY booing the current President and/or recent Presidents. I can't imagine I am the only unlucky person who ends up next to or directly in front of someone who thinks it's appropriate to LOUDLY shout rude remarks about individual Presidents. When my son was very young he asked us after a show "Why was that man yelling?" because some idiot behind us couldn't keep his mouth shut and his opinions to himself. I don't care who the President is or what party is in power, it's rude and disrespectful to other guests to behave that way in HoP (or any other attraction at WDW). While that kind of behavior bothers me, I am not the type of person to confront someone who is "acting up." What concerns me about HoP, however, is what could happen if someone DOES confront someone who is behaving that way. I don't want to get caught in a (literal) political fight. I think guest behavior has been on a serious decline for many years, but I rarely see it as purposeful as I do in HoP. There is The American Adventure at Epcot which is a great attraction, I have NEVER observed disrespectful behavior there.

I feel the need to jump in here and say the same thing I did in another thread: I don't want Liberty Square turned into Haunted Mansionland. Mostly because I don't like the Haunted Mansion so I hate to see more real estate used for it. 2ndly because I hate to see an attraction turn into a restaurant that I'll never get into even if I wanted to!

Uh... maybe I'm having trouble reading but did you just say you don't like the Haunted Mansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter