Hair Wraps

jldriscoll,

the klutz book says that you can just wrap OR you can tie "holding knots" (makes it stay in longer) I tie knots (just one regular knot) at the end of each color

I just wrapped my dd7 & dd4 on sunday--they look great! I don't think I could ever get a job wrapping hair-- I'm way to slow--but not bad to do it once a year for the girls.

Hint: I let my girls lay down on a pillow and watch TV & I sit on the floor--that way they don't have worry about holding still or moving all around.

Thanks for all the hints. DD7 doesn't mind sitting while I wrap, but DD 4 really wants it done, and I know she won't be that patient. I'm going to try your lying down idea!

When we were at ASMovies last Aug. , I spent a lot of time standing around watching the guy doing the hairwraps trying to pick up the techniques. I noticed that he did tie a holding knot each time he changed colors. While I was there, I purchased two wraps on aligator type clips in my daughters' cheerleading team colors. During football season they would clip them to their pony tail elastic and let it hang down. We liked the clip idea because we could keep taking it off and on as we wanted and still have it for again this fall.

I bought the Klutz hairwrap book, went to the local hardware store and bought a package of the aligator clips in the electrical supply section of the store, came home and made my own wraps by first making a small braid out of embroidery thread (any color will do since it won't show anyway), then I started wrapping as if it was a real braid on someone's head. You can try make a knot at the top of the wrapping threads and loop it on a pencil and hold the pencil between your knees. Once the wrap is done, tie the knot at the end and take the top section and lay it on the side of the clip and use plyers to pinch closed the clamps on the side of the aligator clip. Not you can use the wrap in a pony or clip it any where in the hair!

My only question is where to buy the really cool beads? Anyone know the answer to that?

Try Frank's or Michael's. They are craft stores in our area. Wal Mart had some nice beads, but I couldn't find hardly any charms. Most craft sections have a jewelry making area, and that's where I'd start.

After reading this post I went and bought the Klutz book. I think I might be able to do it:D . One thing I noticed is that the books says to braid the hair first. That wa not done at WDW, so maybe that is why it feel off so soon. Thanks for the info.

Target has the books for a "slight" discount. I looked at the first couple of pages and decided that this is something I could do. Bought the floss and I'm ready to go.

I may have already wrapped your hair so here is the skinny. The Klutz Book is O.K. but do not braid the hair first. Do not wait until the last day of your vacation 30 minutes before you need to catch a flight. If it falls out in a couple of days you can get a re-wrap!! So plan on getting one well before you leave. Reasons that they fall out are usually because 1) They are played with, twisted, bent and tortured 2) The child is too young and her hair is still very fine 3) the wrap was not put in tight enough to begin with 4) Too much weight in beads and charms for fine hair.
We highly recommend placement behind the ear. The hair is more coarse at that location and the scalp is less tender. Ladies when attempting a wrap at home...use light weight beads. Finally be realistic. If your daughter is under five can she sit that long? A moving target is difficult to wrap. Does she have whispy fine hair that a barrett falls out of? If she can't keep a barrett or ponytail in don't expect the wrap will last for months.

I have been unsuccessful in finding this book. I guess I will try to order it. Could someone please tell me the name of the book??
Thanks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter