Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

That seafood pasta is pretty good. If you and the Mrs. go back you should try it as well.

I just might.

Right now the plan is to take the Aliner down on Sunday-before-Memorial-Day-Weekend for my Dear Mother (DM) and Dear Father (DF) to use for a few days before we show up later in the week. So I will be on-the-lookout for a Sunday lunch location before I head back to Title Town for a few days of paid employment then head down to the beach. The problem is to find volunteers such as DW (if there are any) to ride 5 hrs to GSP to set up the camper then ride 5 Hrs back to Title Town in the same day. Even with an offer of lunch.

So I would check in Thursday or Friday before the holiday weekend and take over the camper after DM and DF leave. At least that's the plan for now.

Bama Ed

PS - I've been going to Gulf Shores for nearly 40 years and restaurants come/go with business trends and hurricanes; but if GIG is there I am willing to be a repeat customer.

PPS - I need to try to be like the @garneska family and figure out how to "work" from the campground while at GSP. I might NEVER leave......

@bama_ed we have yet to figure out how to work from GSP. They Wi-Fi is not good so hotspot a lot but on holiday weekend that is tough too. Even Disney is not as great. I loved when you got the cable modem and we used our own Wi-Fi. Plus GSP lends its self to doing nothing, no one wants to work while there.

So it won't be done in 6 weeks ??

I know, the bunch of slackers.

I bet if they put Nick Saban in charge it would not only be ahead of schedule, but probably win at least 5-6 awards in the PROCESS.

For those of you that comes south down I65 to GSP (BamaEd), the trip will be just a little easier in a few years. Baldwin Co. has appoved the extention of the Beach Express from I10 to I65.

http://mynbc15.com/news/local/baldw...ach-express-extension-with-11-million-project

Randy,

I moved to TitleTown eleven months ago (Tuscaloosa is where Lisa/I grew up) so now I come into the LA area on Hwy 43, pick up I65/165, cut across on the big bridge by the Docks, and get up on I10 to get to the beach.

Although, reading the link I see the extension up to I65 says something about "tolls". Well, guess that's the wave of the future.

Bama Ed

Randy,

I moved to TitleTown eleven months ago (Tuscaloosa is where Lisa/I grew up) so now I come into the LA area on Hwy 43, pick up I65/165, cut across on the big bridge by the Docks, and get up on I10 to get to the beach.

Although, reading the link I see the extension up to I65 says something about "tolls". Well, guess that's the wave of the future.

Bama Ed

"It's a great big beautiful tomorrow...."
"Progress, you call that progress."

Well were here again. We decided to cancel a Spring break trip to the World and got a lucky opening at Gulf State Park instead. We're in site 353 in the back. A ways away from what we like but had no choice. Campground is booked full unless there is a cancellation. We'll be here until Sunday loving life but missing the Disney water parks.

Well were here again. We decided to cancel a Spring break trip to the World and got a lucky opening at Gulf State Park instead. We're in site 353 in the back. A ways away from what we like but had no choice. Campground is booked full unless there is a cancellation. We'll be here until Sunday loving life but missing the Disney water parks.

Well, it could be worse, forecast here for tomorrow is snow, again.

Joe, have a great visit and have a cold one on the Pink Pony Pub porch overlooking the beach for me, please. :drinking1

See you in May. Ed

PS - when you do, walk out on the beach and look back at the restaurant so we can see you on the PPP webcam: http://www.bamabeachcams.com/pinkponypub.aspx

Last edited:
Check in is getting closer and closer. I was just wondering what couple of evenings were we going to try to have our dinner/ get togethers? I am going to bring my smoker, and my boiling stand and big boiling pot. Some of yall might remember Patrick from last year, he is also booked again for this year and he is bring his big gas grill. Tiggerdad is bring some wood for the smoker, I'm sure we'll do some smoked pork loins, and brisket one night with some sides, and of course seafood another night for sure, either boil shrimp or crawfish, just let me know what yall are thinking. Just like last year, everyone can bring a side or whatever they like to dinner and we sure will have a feast for sure. What does everyone think?

Headed across the bay today via Mobile Bay Ferry to have dinner and maybe ride through GSP.

Last edited:
Just gonna throw this out there, How about a big ole feast on Saturday evening the 26th.

Just gonna throw this out there, How about a big ole feast on Saturday evening the 26th.

Let's see, Memorial day crowd will have every restaurant packed beyond belief.
I prefer the company of fellow Disers over strangers in the waiting area of a restaurant
Typically the food is better when we have our feasts

giphy.gif

Count me in!

I have to say, I feel bad because I have the smallest camper/trailer/rv/semi in the group and I love to eat (that's obvious) and I'm not a big cook/boil/grill on the site guy (but my tailgate action where I can prep at home for days is pretty good). But I propose that I will cook/grill hamburgers and chicken breasts on Friday night May 25 as many of us are arriving on the 24th or 25th. I'll provide meat and buns and if folks can fill in toppings, sides, and desserts, we can have a "Welcome" cookout Friday night at my site when all the GS restaurants are slammed.

Then we can let it flow from there. The good thing is there is no shortage of chefs/cooks in this group.

Once the masses head home on Monday (they hit the restaurants for lunch on the way out so wait till after then) we can hit the commercial establishments and mix in some home cookin'.

What say ye?

Bama Ed

PS - it may not be bad to plan group meals at GSP for Fri/Sat/Sun during the holiday time and then also later toward the end of the week on the farewell side.

Last edited:
You're on Ed! I'll cut up some lettuce, tomatoes, and bring cheese slices.

I have to say, I feel bad because I have the smallest camper/trailer/rv/semi in the group and I love to eat (that's obvious) and I'm not a big cook/boil/grill on the site guy (but my tailgate action where I can prep at home for days is pretty good). But I propose that I will cook/grill hamburgers and chicken breasts on Friday night May 25 as many of us are arriving on the 24th or 25th. I'll provide meat and buns and if folks can fill in toppings, sides, and desserts, we can have a "Welcome" cookout Friday night at my site when all the GS restaurants are slammed.

Then we can let it flow from there. The good thing is there is no shortage of chefs/cooks in this group.

Once the masses head home on Monday (they hit the restaurants for lunch on the way out so wait till after then) we can hit the commercial establishments and mix in some home cookin'.

What say ye?

Bama Ed

PS - it may not be bad to plan group meals at GSP for Fri/Sat/Sun during the holiday time and then also later toward the end of the week on the farewell side.

We will bring down onions, pickles, and hot dogs for friday, pierogies for Saturday evening, and we will whip up something for dessert also.

20180407_134456.jpg

Any guess as to where we are today...

I say Ye Ed that sounds good we roll in Friday so cheeseburgers in paradise sound good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter