Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

Since when does Mother Nature care about what is lawful conduct or not?

Never underestimate the ability of rednecks. Even in the justice system. Or the Justice League for that matter...

Never underestimate the ability of rednecks. Even in the justice system. Or the Justice League for that matter...
Jeff Foxworthy said it best " I can say that about Rednecks .cause I are one!" That said I will have to forgive you your youth as you obviously are too young to to remember the Public Service Announcement that warned us all;
" IT'S NOT NICE TO FOOL MOTHER NATURE "

Jeff Foxworthy said it best " I can say that about Rednecks .cause I are one!" That said I will have to forgive you your youth as you obviously are too young to to remember the Public Service Announcement that warned us all;
" IT'S NOT NICE TO FOOL MOTHER NATURE "

Okay, so this is what I found.

Funny, I thought she would've been taller. I do like the elephant though. ROLL TIDE!

Update:
I've gotten my schedule for that Wednesday down to my last patient at 1:30pm, so I should be able to get on out of here shortly after that and make GSP before dark. The plan is to do quick setup and then finish the next morning. Plan on hitting either Gulf Island Grill or The Original Oyster House that night instead of cooking.

Times getting close ladies and gentlemen.

Times getting close ladies and gentlemen.

No need for the reminder, after all I have so little to do and so much time. Just hoping once this cold leaves it is the last time I am sick this year.

I'm going to miss everyone, but as I suspected, this project at work is starting to get crazy. 41 days to go-live.

Have fun everyone. Take extra bail money and make me proud. I'll be there in September to check up on anyone that hasn't been released yet.

j

I'm going to miss everyone, but as I suspected, this project at work is starting to get crazy. 41 days to go-live.

Have fun everyone. Take extra bail money and make me proud. I'll be there in September to check up on anyone that hasn't been released yet.

j

Jim,

We have now partnered with Oshner's at my hospital. Currently we are using McKesson but Oshner's is on Epic. They came through earlier this week and took inventory of our clinic and our needs in order to start setting us up to convert over to Epic. Talking 1st or 2nd quarter next year but already getting things in place. You'll have to let me know how it goes as I'll be in the same boat next year.

Michael. If you are coming from McKesson, you'll like Epic, especially if the rest of the system is on it. Not a huge learning curve for clinicians. They all sort of work the same to document. Having everything in one place will be the biggest benefit. Reporting and financials will be the biggest struggles.

A little off topic, but you'll appreciate this. Our workflow for 1st case same day surgery patients is to bring them straight up to pre-op and get them registered there. The alternative is a line of 60 patients and their families lined up down a hall at 0530 waiting to get registered. In Epic, unlike our current system, you can't document or see orders until the patient is registered. One of our "Epic1" people announced at a meeting last week that "nurses won't be able to do anything" until the patient is registered. I laughed and said, I'm a nurse. I am going to take care of my patient first and if and when I can get to charting, I will. They tried to convince me otherwise so I stopped them and said, If your spouse or child codes, do you want me to get a crash cart or a computer cart? That shut them up.

j

Michael. If you are coming from McKesson, you'll like Epic, especially if the rest of the system is on it. Not a huge learning curve for clinicians. They all sort of work the same to document. Having everything in one place will be the biggest benefit. Reporting and financials will be the biggest struggles.

A little off topic, but you'll appreciate this. Our workflow for 1st case same day surgery patients is to bring them straight up to pre-op and get them registered there. The alternative is a line of 60 patients and their families lined up down a hall at 0530 waiting to get registered. In Epic, unlike our current system, you can't document or see orders until the patient is registered. One of our "Epic1" people announced at a meeting last week that "nurses won't be able to do anything" until the patient is registered. I laughed and said, I'm a nurse. I am going to take care of my patient first and if and when I can get to charting, I will. They tried to convince me otherwise so I stopped them and said, If your spouse or child codes, do you want me to get a crash cart or a computer cart? That shut them up.

j

We'll talk further in a PM. Thanks for the input, and I completely agree. People who have no experience actually taking care of patients just don't get it.

I was eyeballing my camper yesterday. Is it too early to vacuum and dust the inside? Strip the beds? Turn on the refrigerator?

Man I'm ready to get on the road!

:D:D:P:D
I was eyeballing my camper yesterday. Is it too early?
Nah. Get out there and get to work. GSP is only a month off.

Of course, if your camper is like mine, you’ll need to do it all again right before you leave. :D

j

Well my camper is back at the dealer in LA for the third attempt to get the rear bedroom slide fixed correctly. They blame the issues on an Open Range design flaw. I blame it on poor workmanship. But it's out of warranty now and this was work they did while it was covered so they are trying to make it right. My neck surgery is tomorrow so I told the dealer they could keep the camper until the middle of May if needed. Tomorrow I will be having two artificial discs put in my cervical spine. Hopefully I will be nearly 100 percent healed in time for our event. We snuck down to GSP yesterday and crashed the pool. The water is still a little cool but manageable. I'm so ready to be there and enjoying the great company we'll be having soon. I will post again after surgery to let everyone know how it went.

IF our plans work, out we are in for 2020.

:hourglass Time to start the countdown for Frank and Denise.

Joe, good luck with your surgery and camper repairs (I hope both of you are good as new when we see you next).

Jim, we will miss your company this year.

Getting inside a month till we all show up. I want to go hammock shopping - I envision some afternoon naps in the breeze under those big oaks on site #4. I got the fever for a hammock from Randy. ::yes::

20170521_133700_zpsctyrjcy8.JPG

This is my Aliner on site #4. Those trees should throw some massive shade. Tick tock.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Having mostly recovered from this cold, I opened the trailer up. Now it needs to be vacuumed and dusted after the mud and snow bowl that was our last camping trip. Also need to get a million other things done.....

IF our plans work, out we are in for 2020.

If you go online, you can book 2 years in advance. I highly encourage this. In other words, on the same day as I arrive or there abouts, you need to be online booking that trip. Worse case scenario you have to cancel or move the dates but at least you have a site.

Well my camper is back at the dealer in LA for the third attempt to get the rear bedroom slide fixed correctly. They blame the issues on an Open Range design flaw. I blame it on poor workmanship. But it's out of warranty now and this was work they did while it was covered so they are trying to make it right. My neck surgery is tomorrow so I told the dealer they could keep the camper until the middle of May if needed. Tomorrow I will be having two artificial discs put in my cervical spine. Hopefully I will be nearly 100 percent healed in time for our event. We snuck down to GSP yesterday and crashed the pool. The water is still a little cool but manageable. I'm so ready to be there and enjoying the great company we'll be having soon. I will post again after surgery to let everyone know how it went.

Get well soon brother. Take it easy and keep us up to date.

Well I survive the surgery Monday. No complications or issues. Came home the first night a few hours after. Day two was not too bad just took it easy all day. But day 3 I'm in more pain and have lots of new stiffness. So I'm going to continue my Netflix marathon for at lease another day or two.

Get well Joe.

I suspect the next couple days will be rough and then start getting better. Hopefully you’ll be doing well by GSP.

j

Joe, I suggest Amazon Prime for movies as well when the Netflix Marathon runs out. If you're really wanting something involved, see if LOST is still on Netflix and start watching from the beginning. Don't miss any episodes. Otherwise you will literally be LOST.

Well I survive the surgery Monday. No complications or issues. Came home the first night a few hours after. Day two was not too bad just took it easy all day. But day 3 I'm in more pain and have lots of new stiffness. So I'm going to continue my Netflix marathon for at lease another day or two.
Hey @Flametamr , glad the surgery went well and hopefully you will be pain free soon. A Netflix marathon is a good thing just about anytime. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Steve

Gulf Shores formally opened the latest phase of their beach revitalization project (phase 2). It was to make it more "park-like" and bring in shade with palm trees, etc. For those of you familiar with Gulf Shores, driving south on Hwy 59 over the big bridge next to Lulu's, across the lagoon near King Neptune's, down past The Original Oyster House, Scoops, Papa Racco's, to the intersection with the Beach Hwy. The Hangout is across the street on your left and this project dealt with the portion of the beach to your right as you sit at this intersection.

http://s.al.com/Gz4tnUa

There are some pictures of the project (not good ones really) but there is a video further down that gives a computer generated view (but it's not in the Gulf Shores background). The video gives you a better idea of what the park should look like.

The third phase will probably start this fall after summer visitor time and go east from the Hangout past the Pink Pony.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter