Guardians plan?

JennCa

DIS Veteran
We are at a deluxe resort so we can try to "buy" a lightning lane at 7am? (which is before the off site people) right? And off site people can try when the park opens like 9am, right? So I imagine they will drop tickets for both time frame so if we sleep or or miss the 7am, we can try again at 9am?

Also, if we don't want to pay and just try a virtual que then we can't try until we are tapped into the park? So if the park opens at 9am, we can be in at 8:30 and try exactly at 9am?

We have one evening with extra magic hours at Epcot, but haven't heard if Guardians will be open. If so, would it be with the virtual que or is the paid option at that time?

What am I missing? Anything incorrect?

What is the strategy?

Jenn

We are at a deluxe resort so we can try to "buy" a lightning lane at 7am? (which is before the off site people) right? And off site people can try when the park opens like 9am, right? So I imagine they will drop tickets for both time frame so if we sleep or or miss the 7am, we can try again at 9am?

Also, if we don't want to pay and just try a virtual que then we can't try until we are tapped into the park? So if the park opens at 9am, we can be in at 8:30 and try exactly at 9am?

We have one evening with extra magic hours at Epcot, but haven't heard if Guardians will be open. If so, would it be with the virtual que or is the paid option at that time?

What is the strategy?

Jenn
I’m not sure about the standby question but re: 2 drops - no. If Guardians is like RotR and Remy (which it is expected to be) there is not a drop at park opening. There may be drops between 7 - and 7:20AM but nobody truly knows.

I’m not sure about the standby question but re: 2 drops - no. If Guardians is like RotR and Remy (which it is expected to be) there is not a drop at park opening. There may be drops between 7 - and 7:20AM but nobody truly knows.
Is the potential second drop for paid ILL, not VQ? Thank you for all the help!

What is the strategy?

Jenn
Yes, you can buy an Individual Lightning Lane at 7:00. So can the guests at all Disney resorts and a few others (Swan, Dolphin, Swan Reserve and Shades of Green), but not others that are "offsite." During the early days (October), there were reports of a drop of available ILLs at park open. However, that practice drew a lot of complaints and quickly ended. There are drops at various times of the day some days, but I can't tell you when. I believe they change up the times. It may depend on how the ride is performing that day.

When Rise and Remy were last on virtual queue, the morning signup was at 7:00 for everyone, whether staying onsite or offsite. You did not have to enter the park first; the parks weren't open that early; you did need a park reservation for the park the ride was in. There was also an afternoon signup; you did have to have entered the park to sign up for that one.

When Remy was last on virtual queue, it was not eligible for Extended Evening. There are no ILL times during Extended Evening. If a ride is open for Extended evening, it is standby only.

With that said, they aren't required to follow the Rise and Remy precedents for Guardians. They could do it differently this time.

EDIT: musicguy856 points out in post 13 below that Remy had a standby queue during Extended Evening before it switched from VQ to standby daytime.

Last edited:
So I I have no park passes for Epcot if I want to try VQ I probably should change a 1 day to Epcot? Also can I have 1 try for the VQ and one for the ILL and see who ever gets one first? And this all can be done at 7am we are staying at OKW

So I I have no park passes for Epcot if I want to try VQ I probably should change a 1 day to Epcot? Also can I have 1 try for the VQ and one for the ILL and see who ever gets one first? And this all can be done at 7am we are staying at OKW
Yes, if you want to try for the VQ, you should probably switch one park reservation to Epcot. That won't be necessary to book an ILL for Guardians if you can park hop,

If you have one person trying for the VQ for Guardians at 7:00 and someone else trying for an ILL at 7:00, it is possible you will get both. The system, at least as it worked before, allowed you no more than one VQ per day and no more than one ILL for a particular ride per day, but did allow you one VQ and one ILL for the same ride in the same day.

Yes, if you want to try for the VQ, you should probably switch one park reservation to Epcot. That won't be necessary to book an ILL for Guardians if you can park hop,

If you have one person trying for the VQ for Guardians at 7:00 and someone else trying for an ILL at 7:00, it is possible you will get both. The system, at least as it worked before, allowed you no more than one VQ per day and no more than one ILL for a particular ride per day, but did allow you one VQ and one ILL for the same ride in the same day.
Thank you . I was wondering if I was able to do that. We are going to MK for extra hours on Wednesday so we will just switch Monday to Epcot and go between Epcot and HS for the day. We only have 2 rides that we really want and that's ROTR and guardians

We have 8 park days, 2 days reserved at Epcot, and park hoppers later this summer. Confirming on the Disney Website that we have no shot of getting in the VQ on a morning we don't have Epcot Park Passes:

• Guests visiting from another theme park using an Annual Pass or the Park Hopper option may not be able to join the virtual queue in a park where they do not have a Disney Park Pass reservation. In order to request access to a virtual queue during Park Hopper hours, a Guest must be inside the theme park where the virtual queue will be used.

However, it sounds like there might be a second drop that we could take advantage of if we are in the park:

Get Ready to Join the Virtual Queue!
On the day of your visit, you may have the opportunity to join the virtual queue at daily distribution times, which are subject to change or cancellation as availability allows. Distribution schedules will be available in the My Disney Experience app.

My real question is will we be able to purchase ILL after 2pm for a day we don't have Epcot park passes? Everyone seem so sure we will, but that doesn't seem to be addressed on the Disney site.

I know I'll get an answer at launch, which may of course change before I arrive in late July, but I feel like I saw somewhere official that one would have to have an Epcot park pass to purchase ILL.

Either way our first Epcot day is the third day of the trip. We will be trying for paid and free spots in line for all 6 of us at the same time through two different accounts on two different devices. Good luck to EVERYONE!

Has anything been said yet if Guardians will be available to ride during the extended night hours for deluxe resort guests? If so, would you still need a ILL or VQ for those hours?

Has anything been said yet if Guardians will be available to ride during the extended night hours for deluxe resort guests? If so, would you still need a ILL or VQ for those hours?
Not yet. If it runs it would most likely be standby only at the start of the deluxe hours. Remy did this shortly before they quit using the VQ.

, , ,

My real question is will we be able to purchase ILL after 2pm for a day we don't have Epcot park passes? Everyone seem so sure we will, but that doesn't seem to be addressed on the Disney site.

I know I'll get an answer at launch, which may of course change before I arrive in late July, but I feel like I saw somewhere official that one would have to have an Epcot park pass to purchase ILL.

. . .
Currently, if you have a ticket/annual pass that allows park hopping, you can book an ILL for Rise even if your park pass reservation is for a park other than DHS. Ditto for Remy/Epcot, Seven Dwarfs/MK, and Avatar/AK. It is unlikely that they would have a different rule just for Guardians. Disney IT has enough trouble getting things to work as it is. I don't think they want to make things more complicated by having a special rule just for Guardians.

We will be doing 4 park days Monday epcot Tuesday HS. Wednesday AK and Thursday HS again. My question is on Monday do you think it would be better if 2 of us tried for VQ instead of one trying for VQ and 1 trying for ILL? Since we can do ILL Tuesday and Thursday

We will be doing 4 park days Monday epcot Tuesday HS. Wednesday AK and Thursday HS again. My question is on Monday do you think it would be better if 2 of us tried for VQ instead of one trying for VQ and 1 trying for ILL? Since we can do ILL Tuesday and Thursday

If you would rather not spend the money on ILL$ provided that you can get into VQ, then that sounds like a good plan to me. Worst case scenario: you'll have two more chances to get it with ILL$ later in the week.

We will have 3 cells phones (mine, DH and DD12 iPhones) but only 2 MDE accounts (mine and DH). The plan is to try for VQ on both accounts from 2 phones and ILL$ from 1 account on the third phone. We are Canadians and we will only have a US data plan on 1 phone (mine), should I use data for the VQ or ILL$? The other two phones will use the wifi from the resort (we are staying at the Dolphin). I don't care if I have to pay, I just want to increase my chances to ride Guardians since we cannot add PH to our tickets and we only have one day planned at Epcot (a Monday so also hoping Guardians will be opened for Deluxe extra hours).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter