Guardians of the Galaxy--chicken exit?

Wendy98

Mouseketeer
My family of 5 is excited for this next month. At least that is what they all say. I have a very strong feeling, my just-turned 8 year old will back out at the last minute. He did Tower of Terror for the first time this past January. I don't think he loved it because he would not ride it when we went in May. Is there a chicken exit that I can take him too and come back and ride after the rest of the family rides?

I was just there yesterday and overheard a cm tell someone they could leave any time before getting in the elevator.

Funny story....

I was 7 months pregnant and went to WDW with my husband. He had a work trip to Orlando, so we decided to make a babymoon out of it and I joined him. We're in Hollywood Studios and he wants to ride ToT. I asked the cast member at the entrance and she said just to let the cast members know as you snake through the line I didn't want to ride, and they'll direct you to the exit. Being that I'm pregnant, I had no intentions of riding. So I get to the chicken out elevator and I'm the only person in it...not surprising. I asked the cast member working the elevator, "So, is it really that scary??" He responds, "I don't know....I've never ridden it!"

Last edited:
At the point where they sort you into rows they can direct you out. They're not going to let you back through the exit, though. The best you can hope for is a rider swap pass to get back in the FP line. Since you won't have the lanyard to exchange it would be at the CM's discretion. They were being really strict with swaps this week, probably because the FP returns were 35-40 min and the line wrapped around the trolley stop and into Bug's Land.

Just so you know every ride has a "chicken exit." They will not force you to ride at any point before you board and lock your restraint. Just tell the CM. However, if you leave they may or may not let you come back to ride. You would have to send the kid out on his own. I don't see a big problem with this since he is 8. Just pick a designated meeting spot near the exit and have him stay there.

the chicken exit is fantastic!!!! My son kept telling me....dad, you would love the TOT themeing and sure enough it was great and worth the waiting. Little did I know that there was a whole line of us chickens leaving our flock and heading back on down to sanity.

If you feel your son is mature enough, at the spot they load you, they will allow him to wait until you come back. Just tell them he isn't riding, and they will have him wait while you ride.

Is there much to see before the chicken exit? We are a family of chickens. We did ToT twice that I can remember. Why we ever tried a second time I have no idea because we all got sick both times. I'm curious about the theming though. It might be interesting to go through the line, once it isn't insanely long.

Is there much to see before the chicken exit?
Yes, there are many interesting things to see.
The exterior part of the line has many strange and unusual plants, the Gardens of the Galaxy :goodvibes
Once inside the building there are many display cases and a large video display, you might let other guests pass -- allowing more time to appreciate the details.
The Collector's Office is very entertaining, explaining how you will assist with the escape. The line after the office is like the basement of a museum, containing items not ready for display.
Once you reach the CM assigning elevators, you may "chicken out" :goodvibes

If you feel your son is mature enough, at the spot they load you, they will allow him to wait until you come back. Just tell them he isn't riding, and they will have him wait while you ride.

Did they change even the load and unload area? With tot I don't remember coming back to the load area at the end of the ride.

Did they change even the load and unload area? With tot I don't remember coming back to the load area at the end of the ride.

You always did in the ToT at DCA. They close the doors to the main load area so you can exit through the hallway space that you passed through to board and those waiting won't see you leave. In Orlando, you are actually let off in a different area, but the ride system is actually a bit different between the two rides.

No, nothing changed. There is a side door that CMs use to go between the "load and unload" areas. When the ride is over, they bring the child thru the door from "load" to "unload".

I've mainly been on TOT at Disneyland (I think I've only been on TOT at DHS twice ever), and I cannot picture what you guys are saying. The load platform (for TOT) in my mind's eye is that very steampunky thing with the grates. The unload area is a hallway. No grates. And I do'nt recall passing through a hallway to get to the loading area.

So I don't understand where a kid would be if you left him at the loading platform and then came back to him. Oh but I see Malcon is saying they *move* the child. Aha. That's not in the original post I quoted. Was picturing a kid just being left there.

No biggie. And I'm going to be forced to ride the new thing soon enough so I'll revisualize it. Despite disliking everything about the first movie and having no interest in the second...

I've made trips to DCA with my then 11 year old who was scared to do ToT. He'd stand in line with me and when it came to sorting and loading we'd tell the CM he wasn't riding they'd let him go out the door that leads to the stairs where you normally end up exiting the ride through. I told my son just to wait in the store for me. Never any issues.

So I don't understand where a kid would be if you left him at the loading platform and then came back to him. Oh but I see Malcon is saying they *move* the child. Aha. That's not in the original post I quoted. Was picturing a kid just being left there.

No biggie. .
they queue up just outside the elevator. When those doors open you will notice you cross a maybe 6' hallway and enter the elevator area. Now if a child waits of, they will let them wait in the load area by the trash can. If you look around you will see a regular door that CMs use to move between areas. When the elevator is done they will let the kid thru their door to rejoin the group. We used this a lot with tower.

Hello folks,

I'm habitual of gathering things which are by one means or another identified with movies. GOG is incredible and is additionally one of my most loved Sci-Fi motion pictures...

along these lines, what I've been searching for is this Star-Lord coat https://imgur.com/7SMlEJx

Any idea where to search for the exact match..??

Yes they have a chicken exit as my 20 year old brother used the last we where there. One minute he was there and the next he was gone. Chicken.:rotfl2:

When it was Tower of Terror my son didn't want to ride. We knew in advance, but he wasn't old enough yet to leave unattended to wait in the gift shop. He went all the way to the elevators with us. I told a CM. The CM was helpful, and told my son to wait by the "I'm not riding trash can." We still laugh about that. When we got off the ride, my son was waiting right there. The CM knew right where to leave him so we would meet up. Even though he is 17 now I suspect we may have to do that again.

Yes they have a chicken exit as my 20 year old brother used the last we where there. One minute he was there and the next he was gone. Chicken.:rotfl2:
dancing-chicken.gif
Poof and he was gone.....

I like to encourage everyone to at least go through the line with their group.
There are things to see and it keeps everyone together.
It's nice that rides an exit for the non-riders.
It sure beats sitting and waiting.

Geemo

Planning on waiting with hubby and then use the chicken exit. Thanks for the thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter