Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 0GT
2. What category and room # did you get? 8B 7508
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 2 days!! Yes, less than 48 hours before we were supposed to board the ship
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy. We love the extra space in the Family Oceanview Staterooms and this one also had a murphy bed.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? between 8 am and 10 am EST
9. What month is your cruise? May 20, 2023 First Med cruise of the season
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? 12/31/2022, so more than 4 months before the cruise.
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 2 adults

So, I was going crazy before our cruise as it seemed that all other people in our Facebook group who had *GT rates got their room assigned 12 days before our cruise. But we were left without a room. Our TA called twice and they kept saying that it could be that we won't be assigned a room at all before boarding. The answer to the question on what we then do with the luggage was: The porters have the manifest and will be able to look up our stateroom. I found this ludicrous as if they can the porters, they definitely can tell us... Anyway, we already were in Barcelona doing siteseeing there and I kept checking every few hours. And then at around 4 pm Barcelona time, it suddenly popped up.

All in all, we lucked out as it seemed that the majority of people with OGT rates on our cruise ended up with standard Oceanview rooms on deck 2. We would have been fine with that as that was what we had booked originally before the *GT rates came out for our cruise at the end of December and we switched, saving well over 1000$.

This cruise did confirm that the Family Oceanview rooms are our absolute favourites on all ships. We love the space, we love the murphy bed which is far more comfortable to sleep on than the sofa and the porthole is huge and lovely to watch the sea - from the comfort of your sofa in your climate controlled room.

BTW, I added a new question to the questionnaire: How many people were booked into the stateroom. I thought it would be interesting to see if there is a trend that larger staterooms go to larger parties (we are a case that shows that's not necessarily the case).

2. What category and room # did you get? 9A 5016
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy. I think? This is our first Disney Cruise. I hope this is a nice one.
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime this afternoon, I have been checking all day everyday
9. What month is your cruise? July
10. Castaway Club? Blue?
11. How long ago did you book? 01/30/2023, or, ages ago
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 2 adults, 2 kids

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT linked with VGT (booked seperately but linked)
2. What category and room # did you get? 11b 5131 and 5c 5126
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy, this seems like a great location. I wonder how much linking to a VGT kept us off deck 1/2
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? The rooms were booked many months apart but linked, Rooms are very close together!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 11am - 4pm eastern
10. Castaway Club? gold for vgt, platinum for igt
11. How long ago did you book? vgt booked over a year ago, IGT booked 4/17/23
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 2A1K in VGT, 1A1K in IGT

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11A 10513
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy. This was our first interior and was pleasantly surprised. Room was located in a quiet corridor and elevators/stairs were close. Only one floor up to pool deck and Festival of Foods.
6. What ship are you sailing? Wish
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime in the afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? June
10. Castaway Club? Silver
11. How long ago did you book? 5/7/2023

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 05B 6566
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very ,VERY happy!
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 4pm
9. What month is your cruise? June
10. Castaway Club? First time cruiser
11. How long ago did you book? March 2023

2. What category and room # did you get? 9B-Deck 2
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" mixed feelings, but would say leftovers. Family wants to upgrade at the port If possible.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes-3 cabins
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? noon
10. Castaway Club? Pearl, Platinum, Platinum
11. How long ago did you book? 01/11/2023
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 4 adults, 3 teens

2. What category and room # did you get? 4E 5158 and 5160
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy. Extended verandahs, yay!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? between 2:30-3:30 pm CST
10. Castaway Club? Platinum
11. How long ago did you book? April 2023
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 2 adults, 2 children (1 adult and 1 child in each room)

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 7A
2. What category and room # did you get? 4E 8682
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy! Massive Verandah!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? between 22:00-22:30 (British Standard Time)
11. How long ago did you book? March
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? Just two adults

2. What category and room # did you get? 6b 5182
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Meh- hopefully I like it more than I do now..
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? between 9 and 10 am EST
11. How long ago did you book? March
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 2 A 1 K

2. What category and room # did you get? 04A 10124
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy. Wasn't expecting the extra space with the family room
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 3pm ET
9. What month is your cruise? August 1, 2023
11. How long ago did you book? January 25, 2023

24 days out and waiting for the room assignment on our first ever VGT cruise. I have been checking the overall verandah room availability since booking a few weeks ago, and there was a noticeable drop in available rooms between last week and today (maybe less than 25% left to book this afternoon compared to last week). Has anyone else stalked the availability like this? Wondering if this means the rooms have been pulled from inventory and just need to be assigned. The adventure of the VGT fare is warring with my plan ahead, far, far ahead nature:earboy2:

24 days out and waiting for the room assignment on our first ever VGT cruise. I have been checking the overall verandah room availability since booking a few weeks ago, and there was a noticeable drop in available rooms between last week and today (maybe less than 25% left to book this afternoon compared to last week). Has anyone else stalked the availability like this? Wondering if this means the rooms have been pulled from inventory and just need to be assigned. The adventure of the VGT fare is warring with my plan ahead, far, far ahead nature:earboy2:
I did stalk ours back in May (IGT) in the few weeks leading up to our trip, mostly out of curiosity. It fluctuated a lot from day to day. A LOT. It was kind of interesting, but didn't really tell me anything. :) Have a great trip!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 10B 2547
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Not super excited about being on deck 2 below Fathoms with a 1 year old but I knew it was a risk.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? March
11. How long ago did you book? About 55 days before sailing
This is exact cabin I just assigned for sailing in August! How was the room? I'm grateful for the split bathroom. Any tips?

This is exact cabin I just assigned for sailing in August! How was the room? I'm grateful for the split bathroom. Any tips?
We loved it!!! I’d never been on deck 2 before and was dreading it but it was so convenient. Quick walk up a flight or 2 of stairs to get to restaurants and other activities. Elevators always empty when we got on to go up to deck. The room itself was in good condition and we were very grateful to have the split bath. Occasionally we heard a little noise from above but we sleep with white noise so it wasn’t an issue. Hope you have a great trip!

Been stalking this thread and DCL website for our upcoming cruise. We have an OGT reservation. The website has not shown any available Oceanview rooms available for a few weeks.

Embarkation is next week. Called DCL last week and they confirmed that we've not been assigned a room as of yet, but said it should happen this week. Out of those of us with GTY rooms in our cruise fb group, we're the only ones without an assignment as of yet.

Does this bode well or awful for us? Our first ever cruise. We booked late at just over 60 Days out.

Been stalking this thread and DCL website for our upcoming cruise. We have an OGT reservation. The website has not shown any available Oceanview rooms available for a few weeks.

Embarkation is next week. Called DCL last week and they confirmed that we've not been assigned a room as of yet, but said it should happen this week. Out of those of us with GTY rooms in our cruise fb group, we're the only ones without an assignment as of yet.

Does this bode well or awful for us? Our first ever cruise. We booked late at just over 60 Days out.
We got our room - also OGT - assigned less than 48 hours before our cruise. Well after all the others on our FB group. We ended up with a very nice room! I hope the same comes true for you!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT x2
2. What category and room # did you get? 5c, deck 6,
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 21
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy; I believe both verandah are un-obstructed, and not white wall; conveniently near the aft elevator
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Next to each other, non-connecting (balcony partition could be opened); interestingly, one of the rooms has connecting door to another room but that was not assigned to us
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? between Friday and Sunday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure (unassigned as of Thursday night; then assigned when checked again on Sunday afternoon
9. Which month is your cruise? August
11. How long ago did you book? 5 months prior to the cruise date
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 2 A 2 K / 2 A

Note: been checking the room availability on and off, then found out by Thursday, all are unavailable except 2 rooms at "Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah – Accessible" on deck 8. I was wondering if the cruise is fully booked but I still haven't got rooms assigned yet; then when I checked again Sunday afternoon, my rooms are assigned. Not sure if a cruise is booked to capacity (if the availability online is accurate) would make room assignment happen earlier?

Last edited:
Note: been checking the room availability on and off, then found out by Thursday, all are unavailable except 2 rooms at "Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah – Accessible" on deck 8. I was wondering if the cruise is fully booked but I still haven't got rooms assigned yet; then when I checked again Sunday afternoon, my rooms are assigned. Not sure if a cruise is booked to capacity (if the availability online is accurate) would make room assignment happen earlier?

Thanks for this question! This is similar to what I've been seeing with our upcoming cruise on the Wonder. We are sailing in 10 Days. So excited!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT x2
2. What category and room # did you get? 5c, deck 6,
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 21
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy; I believe both verandah are un-obstructed, and not white wall; conveniently near the aft elevator
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Next to each other, non-connecting (balcony partition could be opened); interestingly, one of the rooms has connecting door to another room but that was not assigned to us
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? between Friday and Sunday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure (unassigned as of Thursday night; then assigned when checked again on Sunday afternoon
9. Which month is your cruise? August
11. How long ago did you book? 5 months prior to the cruise date
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 2 A 2 K / 2 A

I am on the same cruise, and we have not received our room assignment yet. I was surprised to see people getting their assignments already. I do think the ship must be sold out.

We loved it!!! I’d never been on deck 2 before and was dreading it but it was so convenient. Quick walk up a flight or 2 of stairs to get to restaurants and other activities. Elevators always empty when we got on to go up to deck. The room itself was in good condition and we were very grateful to have the split bath. Occasionally we heard a little noise from above but we sleep with white noise so it wasn’t an issue. Hope you have a great trip!
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. We re excited (=

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter