Grrr...My Disney Vacation "feature" on website

itsreally4mommy

Mouseketeer
Anyone use this on the Disney site? Successfully? I'm finding it to be painfully slow and as of today, worthless. It is not saving any information, resorts, reservation number, itineraries, and sadly not dining ressies. Which I now regret not writing down yesterday thinking it would all be organized and handy in MyDisneyVacation. :mad:

Anyone use this on the Disney site? Successfully? I'm finding it to be painfully slow and as of today, worthless. It is not saving any information, resorts, reservation number, itineraries, and sadly not dining ressies. Which I now regret not writing down yesterday thinking it would all be organized and handy in MyDisneyVacation. :mad:

My Disney Vacation does not save dining reservations, unless you are in the same computer session, which is anywhere from 15 mins (no activity) - 2 hours of straight activity. Once you logoff, or get logged off, those ADRs disappear and cannot be accessed again unless you put in each confirmation number on the ADR page. This is the only drawback to the Disney site.

You have no choice but to call Disney to get those confirmation numbers - always write them down!

HTH, Tiger :)

Did you not get a confirmation email? I can't see quite a few of mine online (the first batch I booked) but I do have the email and it's all there, complete with reservation numbers, times and dates as well as the restaurant images as on the website.

Did you not get a confirmation email? I can't see quite a few of mine online (the first batch I booked) but I do have the email and it's all there, complete with reservation numbers, times and dates as well as the restaurant images as on the website.

I wondered the same thing, but assumed not since she wouldn't be asking how to get the confirmation numbers if she already had them.

I guess we'll find out if the OP comes back, Tiger :)

I saw a message on that webpage this evening that they are working on making improvements to that page.
I hope so too because its sooooo slow ....... :rolleyes1

Nope. Only my room reservation email from a few days ago. I guess that's a new thing since they started the online dinner reservations, as I didn't have confirmation emails the other times we've been. I feel dumb for not printing them out, I usually do on things like that but thought it would all be handy in this system.

Nope. Only my room reservation email from a few days ago. I guess that's a new thing since they started the online dinner reservations, as I didn't have confirmation emails the other times we've been. I feel dumb for not printing them out, I usually do on things like that but thought it would all be handy in this system.

Don't feel dumb at all - those of us who have been to Disney enough times know that Disney's IT system is a bit slow and inefficient. Considering this, the online ADR system works pretty well.

I have emailed and called about being able to access a listing of all ADRs on the same resort reservation, through My Vacation, but I'm assuming that it must be expensive or difficult to do.

This is the biggest drawback to the online system, but rest assured if you call Disney, they should have all of your ADR confirmations for you.

Tiger :)

I received an email for the adrs I did online right after I logged out (for our xmas 09 trip). If you did not get email confirmations with the numbers, I would call the dining number, hopefully they will be there. Good luck.
Conneasr

on the Disney Blog, Disney are advertising that a whole new My Vacation tool is coming soon. So perhaps they are both playing around with the system and not maintaining it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter