Group Costume 2025 MW Thread

Which race day(s) are you interested in group costumes? (up to two choices)

• Total voters

My costumes have been pretty low key lately, but this sounds fun. Having seen what several of you have done in past races, I will be curious to see what you creative types come up with, and will join in if I can.

I’m interested but probably more for the 10k than the marathon. Practically wins out for that length.

Just to throw out another idea, what about Dalmatians. After all there were 101, we should have plenty to choose from for our whole group. 1712809635166.gifAnd I’m sure someone would be interested in being Cruella DeVille
1712810295796.gif

That's a great idea, and I'd totally do Cruella. You could even have more than one, with different versions from the movie. But if another group is doing it, we can let them have it.

@Herding_Cats and I have been brainstorming some ideas. Scroll down!

Last edited:
Since we're circling in on ideas, here are a few things @Herding_Cats and I came up with. ALL ideas are welcome, so please toss them out. Here are ours to get started...
  • Lean into the MW theme with old timey sports costumes. (Think of the Goofy Learns Football short.) Football players, cheerleaders, band members, folks in the crowd, etc. This allows for a lot of different costumes of different comfort levels and duplication doesn't matter much.

• Fantasia characters: ballerinas, sorcerer mickey, the wizard, the crocodiles, etc.

• Penguins (and possibly bert/mary) from mary poppins)

• CMs/characters from a particular ride, show or restaurant, either matching or not. We really liked the idea of this old school Epcot CM outfit in particular. There are lots of sublimated print versions of this at different price levels, with white bottoms of your choosing.
    Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 9.52.06 AM.png

It kind of comes down to whether we want the impact of being "matchy" -- knowing that could require purchasing specific items -- or do we want the flexibility of a lot of characters, catering to different comfort levels?

Last edited:
CMs/characters from a particular ride, show or restaurant, either matching or not. We really liked the idea of this old school Epcot CM outfit in particular. There are lots of sublimated print versions of this at different price levels, with white bottoms of your choosing.

epcot shirt.png
Is it just me or does the .png not show in Kim's post?

I would go for a costume where we can be multiple variations on the same theme, like the penguins. I also love the idea of dressing up as CMs. And we would really appear as a group costume.

Don't know if the sports costumes would give the "group" vibe if everybody was dressed differently? But again maybe we could all tailor our costumes to be part of the DIS team to link everyone together? Don't think I can fit into my 8yo's cheer costume though haha.

I can’t see the picture, but I’ve been wanting to be an Epcot CM with the shirt that has all the flags on it for years! I didn’t do it for my first marathon because it was winter and I couldn’t find white pants with pockets. I know there is a vendor on Etsy that sells the shirts.

Don't know if the sports costumes would give the "group" vibe if everybody was dressed differently? But again maybe we could all tailor our costumes to be part of the DIS team to link everyone together?
I love the idea of customizing it to Team DIS! We could do it with patches or something simple to add to a costume to preserve the flexibility and not require everyone to purchase a bunch of specific pieces. Just a thought.

I didn’t do it for my first marathon because it was winter and I couldn’t find white pants with pockets.
That's why we wanted to start making decisions now! Those pants will all be on sale in September. ;)

If we don't come to a consensus, we'll take the couple of ideas that rise to the top and do a poll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter