Groceries at your resort

anyone know the rules on grocery delivery at swolphin? either amazon pantry,or the publix option?

Some friends used garden grocer on a regular base's and was not happy with their last order some missing items, and they felt like there seemed to be quite a price hike. So last month when they were here, they used Uber went to Publix, and got what they needed. Including chicken and sides that they ate by the pool for their 1st night (they don't go into the parks on arrival day). She said it was nice to be able to decided what to get right then, she said they got more cold items than in the past, popsicles, cheese, and deli meat that normally they did not order with other companies.

anyone know the rules on grocery delivery at swolphin? either amazon pantry,or the publix option?
I was told they do not accept deliveries- you have to be present to accept them. I've never personally tried though.

Look at Dizzy Dolphin.
I concur that Garden Grocer is extremely expensive.
We will look at the Publix option for future visits, didn't know that option existed.

Uber from a few Disney resorts to Publix/Walmart isn't that expensive either.

When I compared DD to wegoshop receipt (I specifically kept my receipts from a prior trip so I could compare) DD was
much more expensive. I was going to try DD but ended up using wegoshop again this past December since
they do not mark up the prices, although they have the fees for deliveries. The first time you need to be present but I no longer have to be there to accept the delivery unless I want to pay cash. I also like to have the alcohol delivered with my order.

For September, I'll be using wegoshop again, and actually
going to try them next month in HHI.

Has anyone used amazon prime now? How was that?

We got a couple of Amazon Prime Now orders on our last trip. They weren't just food, though, but they were very easy and efficient.
The first delivery was to the Grand Floridian, and the second to Old Key West. Unfortunately, I wasn't privy to the room bills, so I can't tell you if there was any additional charge for the deliveries, but even so, I think the savings on the items we ordered would have outweighed any charges.

We ordered from Safeway. They have $20 off your first order and free delivery right now. You can get anything delivered including alcohol. I made the order a month ago and have adjusted it as I remember items. We get our order this Sunday.

Will any of these services deliver alcohol?

Oh my! I would NEVER order from a place that wouldn't deliver alcohol for vacation LOL Yes, I use wegoshop and they deliver alcohol bottles, wine and beer.
I usually get Jose Cuervo Margarita, beer and wine.

Enjoy!

I called Instacart (Publix) and they deliver beer and wine but you have to be there - according to the call center. That makes this a no go for me.
I need to be able to leave at the bell stand for delivery to the room whenever we check in/ when the room is ready.

Has anyone had another experience?

We tried Safeway delivery out this trip and were not very happy. When our order came yesterday, we were missing quite a few things which they simply said were out of stock. Would have been nice to get a heads up. I ended up putting another order in for Garden Grocer to arrive tomorrow. Their prices are a bit higher, but I have much more confidence in them, and I don't need to be present to receive alcohol either.

We are using GG for delivery to saratoga springs in September. It's def more expensive than home prices, but they have a great reputation and everything will be held in temperature safe conditions until we arrive. We ordered 60 days in advance, got 10% off our order and ordered $200 worth of food so we pay a $2 delivery charge. We'll have plenty of food for a week of breakfasts, snacks, and a lunch or two, along with drinks and mixers and couple bottles of wine. Well worth it to not have to worry about a new service being up to par or anything else.

Just got back from our August stay at the Poly. We used instacart through Publix and it was amazing!!!! The night before we left I got on the website and put in my order. The selection is huge and prices are great. I even got free delivery it being my first order. I then got to pick a delivery date and time (lots of selection). You put in the hotel address and a cell phone number. We received a text message when the woman started shopping for us and then when one of the snack items we ordered, they were out of one flavor and she texted asking if she could swap it for another flavor! We even had beer and wine delivered. When she got to the resort she called my phone and my husband met her in the lobby and bell services helped him carry it up to our room. I highly suggest this service!

does anyone know if you #1 order Alcohol (beer/wine) from any of these places and #2 do you have to be there to receive it?

does anyone know if you #1 order Alcohol (beer/wine) from any of these places and #2 do you have to be there to receive it?

I am interested in the answer to this as well. Was looking at Prime Now, but they don't offer beer. Now looking at Safeway with the $20 off discount, but don't know if I will be in the resort area to accept the alcohol.

I am interested in the answer to this as well. Was looking at Prime Now, but they don't offer beer. Now looking at Safeway with the $20 off discount, but don't know if I will be in the resort area to accept the alcohol.
Garden Grocer will deliver alcohol and you do not have to be there to receive it. You do have to give them a picture of your driver's license though. (Unless something has changed in the past year.)

Instacart through publix will deliver beer and wine and you must be there to pick it up as well as click a waiver button upon ordering stating you are indeed over 21. We got 2 12 packs of Stella, 12 back of Strawberry Ritas, 2 4 packs of wine, 2 32 packs of bottled water, juice boxes, some individual snack pretzels and chex mix, 2 boxes of granola bars, raisins, and dried fruit bill was 112.00 including tax, delivery, and tip.

Would it be cheaper to Uber to and from a local grocery like Publix? Staying at OKW in December. Also in Flordia, is liquor ( Vodka/Rum) only sold in liquor stores and not grocery stores?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter