Groceries at your resort

disney144

Mouseketeer
we are planning on having groceries delivered to our resort. As we fly (carry on) we are limited at what we can bring. Hoping to order beer and wine, snacks, fruit, yogurts, peanut butter Etc. what is the best grocery delivery service/the most economical service?

There's wegoshop and gardengrocer, both of which have been in business for years. You can also Google grocery delivery Orlando. Different people have different opinions.

If you are an Amazon Prime member, there is Amazon Prime Now. Also, people on these boards have mentioned Safeway and Instacart Publix.

I just ordered ours from garden grocer. Prices are a little higher than normal, plus there's a $14 delivery fee. Of you order more than 60 days in advance you get a 10% discount.

I used it for snacks, vitamin waters, shampoo, conditioner, etc. all the stuff that weighs down my luggage.

Wow, this is great info. I was just looking at Garden Grocer for our Sept trip, and they seem high. Will Publix deliver to Grand Floridian? Do they give you a time-window?

TIA!!!

Look at Dizzy Dolphin.
I concur that Garden Grocer is extremely expensive.
We will look at the Publix option for future visits, didn't know that option existed.

Uber from a few Disney resorts to Publix/Walmart isn't that expensive either.

We had planned to do just one order with Prime Now the day we arrived, but it worked so well, and we realized we had forgotten a few other small things, so we ordered 3 more times during our trip! It was amazing and we would definitely use it again!

Wow, this is great info. I was just looking at Garden Grocer for our Sept trip, and they seem high. Will Publix deliver to Grand Floridian? Do they give you a time-window?
They will deliver to Grand Floridian. You tell them what time you want it delivered.
TIA!!!

Quick question I'm following because we are going end of August and I'm debating about using Amazon prime because I heard the resorts charge 5 dollars a box and amazon at times will ship things bought all at once in many different boxes leading to a high cost. Do the resorts charge if Publix or garden grocer delivers?

Quick question I'm following because we are going end of August and I'm debating about using Amazon prime because I heard the resorts charge 5 dollars a box and amazon at times will ship things bought all at once in many different boxes leading to a high cost. Do the resorts charge if Publix or garden grocer delivers?

Hi, I can't help much, but I have had Amazon Prime deliver several times to the Poly and have never been charged. I think just the convention resorts charge, (i.e. GF, Y&BC, BW, CSR, CR)

Sorry, I just re-read your post. You were asking about grocery delivery, not packages... disregard me!

Hi, I can't help much, but I have had Amazon Prime deliver several times to the Poly and have never been charged. I think just the convention resorts charge, (i.e. GF, Y&BC, BW, CSR, CR)

Sorry, I just re-read your post. You were asking about grocery delivery, not packages... disregard me!
No that helps we are staying at the Poly and I would rather just use Amazon rather than a delivery service as long as they don't charge!

We are going to use Instacart for our upcoming trip to Copper Creek. What I priced out was cheaper than Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin. We used both in the past, without any issues, but I prefer keeping the money in my pocket.

We are going to use Instacart for our upcoming trip to Copper Creek. What I priced out was cheaper than Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin. We used both in the past, without any issues, but I prefer keeping the money in my pocket.

Hi,
Do you know how far in advance you can order from Instacart? We are going to be on a Disney cruise the week before, and I would like to have the order in before we leave for Port Canaveral.

Generally resorts do not charge for delivery by a company such as Garden Grocer, WeGoShop, etc. If you are not present when the delivery arrives, Bell Services will keep the items for you.

As for having packages shipped to the hotel by UPS, FedEx and USPS:

If staying at a hotel with a convention center: UPS and FedEx deliver to the convention center. The outside company which runs the convention center office charges a fee for handling each box (although a handful of people have reported here that they were not charged).

If staying at a hotel with a convention center and ship by USPS: this will first go to a centralized delivery location, then be taken to the front desk of your hotel. In the past hotels did not charge. Now the rule is that they can charge, but it is hit or miss as to whether they do. Also note that you have to leave extra time for the package to get from the centralized delivery location to your hotel.

If staying at a hotel without a convention center: UPS, FedEx and USPS will deliver to the front desk of your hotel. In the past, hotels did not charge. Now the rule is that they can charge, but it is hit or miss as to whether they do.

If you are having packages shipped to the hotel from Amazon (or another company) and they will arrive via UPS, FedEx or USPS: theoretically the hotel can charge for each box.

I've used Garden Grocer in the past and they were good, but there's a set list of items you can choose from. I was looking into Dizzy Dolphin to get more specific items in the future. However, I'm now interested in the Publix Instacart. Just wanted to make sure- they do deliver to all the resorts just like Garden Grocer, correct? (i.e., you don't have to be there to pick up, the cold things will be kept cold, etc...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter