Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. If it is high capacity and doesn’t suffer the same tech issues as RotR (or even the common issues with Test Track, Radiator Springs, or Indy at DL) then maybe a standby line is all it needs to keep people moving thru without a long long wait.

If that’s the case though, it seems like they would pretty quickly implement FP+.

I’ll be there in March, so at this point I’d just like to know what I need to do to ride... surprise FP+ drop, rope drop rush, or boarding group battle. 😂 Anything to avoid an hours long line!

We're March too! Everytime I get a notification from any one of the MMRR threads I have a little internal panic waiting for it to load thinking FP were released. Knowing what to expect sure would be nice!

Falcon works almost like an omnimover/continuous loader. This attraction does not.
Fair enough, but unless this is having technical problems a la RotR, isn't capacity the same or slightly better than the Falcon? Which would mean non-fp being the way to go.

Fair enough, but unless this is having technical problems a la RotR, isn't capacity the same or slightly better than the Falcon? Which would mean non-fp being the way to go.
Like you said it depends on how well things go operationally.

Like you said it depends on how well things go operationally.
If this is similar to the Ratatouille ride-system, that doesn't seem to have many problems in France, so why should this have huge problems here? I guess I just don't understand why they'd go VQ for this unless somehow they've over-complicated things.

If this is similar to the Ratatouille ride-system, that doesn't seem to have many problems in France, so why should this have huge problems here? I guess I just don't understand why they'd go VQ for this unless somehow they've over-complicated things.
There is new technology with the 2 1/2d aspect of this ride. So maybe that along with the trackless system could cause operational issues.

Each ride is different. The trackless portion of Rise is the same as Ratatouille yet there is more to that ride causing it problems. MMRR is the same system as well but isn’t exactly the same as Ratatouille either.

I think this has been a long development timeline (the optics, not the ride mechanisms). I thought it was near 5 years to date?

Each ride is different. The trackless portion of Rise is the same as Ratatouille yet there is more to that ride causing it problems. MMRR is the same system as well but isn’t exactly the same as Ratatouille either.
So part of the issue then is that they aren't doing intensive tests or they still haven't figured the tech out and are going to Beta test it on a park-full of people. I'm sorry, that's irresponsible. It's irresponsible in terms of RotR, and the same here. Yes, I know, when Rise functions, it chews up about 1,000-1,2000/hour, which is fantastic, but there still seems to be so many problems that isn't happening consistently. We as consumers should expect better, and quite frankly, we deserve better from a company we are paying such sums to.

So part of the issue then is that they aren't doing intensive tests or they still haven't figured the tech out and are going to Beta test it on a park-full of people. I'm sorry, that's irresponsible. It's irresponsible in terms of RotR, and the same here. Yes, I know, when Rise functions, it chews up about 1,000-1,2000/hour, which is fantastic, but there still seems to be so many problems that isn't happening consistently. We as consumers should expect better, and quite frankly, we deserve better from a company we are paying such sums to.
I don’t believe I said that. Every ride goes through intensive testing. Rise did and so is MMRR.

1000-1200 is not fantastic for a theme park attraction. 1800+ is. When Rise is running at full capacity it will be in that 1700 area.

I will disagree with one part of your statement. There is no need to apologize and say I'm sorry.

MMRR was significantly delayed so I fully expect it to be 100% operational on March 4th, onward. Was RotR delayed at WDW as well? I guess I expected it to be fully operational as well.

So y'all are saying you'd rather have NO ride, NO chance to ride, vs their opening it when it's not at 100%?
I'm baffled by that. I'd rather have some chance to ride than have them keep it closed to guests till something is 100% functional.
I'm sure they've got a target percentage and if that's reached, where it operates, oh, 80% of the time, then it's good. And no, of course I don't know what their threshold is. I'm just sticking a number in there for illustration purposes.
Frankly that's good enough for me too. At least I have a chance to ride. If they kept it closed, I wouldn't even have a chance.
But hey, y'all are free to just not go and try to ride till it meets your 100% of operation standard. Right?

I’m going early April and the idea of trying to get BG for two different rides in 1 day and coordinate with my other ADRs and FPs makes my head hurt...
IF they do BG for Mickeys --I would doubt they let you get in a boarding group for both rides. *shrug*

IF they do BG for Mickeys --I would doubt they let you get in a boarding group for both rides. *shrug*
Why? Punishing guests who can't hop or have only 1 park 1 day tickets?
Not allowing joining both is different than only allowing 1 Tier 1 FP in advance. Because the guest can always ride the other rides stand by.
That's not the case with BG rides. You HAVE to get a group to ride
So they should not punish a guest who has just 1 day to go to HS

I will disagree with one part of your statement. There is no need to apologize and say I'm sorry.

MMRR was significantly delayed so I fully expect it to be 100% operational on March 4th, onward. Was RotR delayed at WDW as well? I guess I expected it to be fully operational as well.
I suppose I wasn't apologizing for the fact that I believe it is irresponsible, so much as apologizing because I know it could come out as over-confrontational. And I believe @rteetz sort of absolved them in his next post claiming there was "intensive testing". Frankly, intensive testing would mean they wouldn't be opening these rides as Beta tests, which is what is happening.

I follow the Rise Boarding Group thread and last week was pretty crappy. There has to be better ways to have opened the ride, calling all of this a soft-opening, which would have stopped them from giving away so much freebies in terms of guest-recovery. There could've been AP and other previews that would've tested the rides seriously. If this ride is going to continuously break-down it'll be worse than Test Track, which frankly, I've stopped getting FPs for due to that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter