• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grant is leaving Ghosthunters.

What that poster stated was essentially just a summary of what was posted on the TAPS site :confused3

I imagine whatever is going on they are trying to keep it somewhat private. To me Grant seems a bit more private/guarded about his personal life vs Jason.

LOL guess I should have read the article. The title said enough for me

I read that Grant had tweeted he had an allergic reaction to an alloy in his ring and was getting it fixed. Someone else posted they had the same thing happen to them with their ring after wearing it for years.

I thought it was a little abrupt on how it all played out. I'm sure there had to be something else to the story.

I've thought for sometime now that Grant might leave the show. He's missed a few investigations and Jason is bringing more of himself and his family into GH (not only his daughter, but also his dog!) :goodvibes

Grant was always my favorite until that collar-pulling incident on the live show a few years ago. Nothing could convince me that that wasn't completely staged. :sad2:

I was really into it until that incident happened. Now I find it hard to believe anything on the show.

I love Grant and I have my theory on why he's leaving. He went into this to help people who truly had "problems" or concerns about hauntings. Since the show has been so successful for SciFi, the network is more concerned with the "wow" factor. I have heard that some of the caseworkers who left previously have left because SciFi wanted them to exaggerate the results. A haunting show is no good without hauntings. I think Grant felt the show had lost the original intent to help people and turned into a shadow of it's former self concerned with the $$. Jason has no compunction about taking or making money off of it (he always seemed to have less class than Grant anyway and was quite happy the gravy train came his way), Grant has always had more of a conscience. I think he couldn't continue to lie about "findings" anymore. Notice that only Jay and Grant were the only ones to ever "find" anything. Everyone else-- not so much- (except for Amy and the new guy then it was only Amy who usually heard or saw something). I lost interest because I could see they quit helping real people and went for the cheap thrills aspect and because it quit ringing true to me. I'm sure Grant just couldn't keep up the charade. And it hurt him to walk away because this is something he strongly cared about.
Just my two cents.

I haven't been watching it as closely lately. Grant has seemed kind of "off" for me, but it could be because he was struggling with this decision. Anyway, I always liked him--much better than Jason.

I hope they don't split up Steve and Tango. DD loves those two. And they do have a fun dynamic. I think Amy and Adam have a good rapport too. If anyone, I think they should put Britt with Jason.

I love Grant and I have my theory on why he's leaving. He went into this to help people who truly had "problems" or concerns about hauntings. Since the show has been so successful for SciFi, the network is more concerned with the "wow" factor. I have heard that some of the caseworkers who left previously have left because SciFi wanted them to exaggerate the results. A haunting show is no good without hauntings. I think Grant felt the show had lost the original intent to help people and turned into a shadow of it's former self concerned with the $$. Jason has no compunction about taking or making money off of it (he always seemed to have less class than Grant anyway and was quite happy the gravy train came his way), Grant has always had more of a conscience. I think he couldn't continue to lie about "findings" anymore. Notice that only Jay and Grant were the only ones to ever "find" anything. Everyone else-- not so much- (except for Amy and the new guy then it was only Amy who usually heard or saw something). I lost interest because I could see they quit helping real people and went for the cheap thrills aspect and because it quit ringing true to me. I'm sure Grant just couldn't keep up the charade. And it hurt him to walk away because this is something he strongly cared about.
Just my two cents.
I see no sign that Jason has a lack of conscience. Remember that it was Grant that was accused of faking. I did hear that Rob left GHI due to differences in opinion about the show though.

Anyway, it appears to be a private matter and we will likely never know unless someone writes a tell-all book someday.

I think Grant has always been a ghosthunter more than a celebrity. I've been to some meets/investigations and Jason certainly loves the spotlight. I main theory is that Grant doesn't want his name associated with anything that might be misleading or false to the public.

Jason is very much a people person but that doesn't indicate that he is somehow dishonest. He and Grant have been very close for a very long time and Ghosthunters has been on for 8 seasons now. I would imagine that if things were being faked and Grant felt that there were misleading or fake events happening then he would have left long ago.

Besides the rest of the cast would likely know too. I see no sense in accusing everyone on GH of doing bad things just because Grant is leaving. Besides, again it was Grant that was caught faking if anyone was.

I don't know if things are faked, but I do know that almost all of the sites are presumed haunted now, whereas in the early years, Jason stuck to his guns and practically refused to use that label. Very disappointing. A "feeling" and "what was that moment" does not a haunted place make.

I wish Grant good luck with whatever it is he decides to do. Felt bad for the rest of the team in the awkward meeting at the restaurant (why wasn't it at TAPS??); they looked honestly flumoxed and sad.

I don't know if things are faked, but I do know that almost all of the sites are presumed haunted now, whereas in the early years, Jason stuck to his guns and practically refused to use that label. Very disappointing. A "feeling" and "what was that moment" does not a haunted place make.

I wish Grant good luck with whatever it is he decides to do. Felt bad for the rest of the team in the awkward meeting at the restaurant (why wasn't it at TAPS??); they looked honestly flumoxed and sad.

I agree with this. I was an avid watcher from the beginning. I lost interest about the time of the "wire in the shirt" incident. It just all looked staged and I got disgusted and haven't watched since. It seemed like in the beginning they truly wanted to help people and investigate. Now every single time I do happen to catch it on there has always been a ghost or a presence found.

I agree with this. I was an avid watcher from the beginning. I lost interest about the time of the "wire in the shirt" incident. It just all looked staged and I got disgusted and haven't watched since. It seemed like in the beginning they truly wanted to help people and investigate. Now every single time I do happen to catch it on there has always been a ghost or a presence found.

Well in the investigation they were at when grant told jay he was leaving there was NOTHING found.

I totally agree. I feel they have really gotten away from their skeptical approach and before they were really really reluctant to label a place haunted but now it is almost a given and I don't feel they spend the time "debunking" (loose pipes in one case, car headlights on another old case..etc) like they used to and that is a big letdown to me..their skepticism was what really drew me to them/the show.

I don't agree that now they "always" find something nor do I agree it is always Jay and Grant that find it..all of the crew has had varied exposures to the unexplained but I do feel that they used to in, see or hear something and spend time trying to recreate it and point out how it was caused by something everyday. Maybe they still do it but they edit a lot of that out now..not sure

I was really into it until that incident happened. Now I find it hard to believe anything on the show.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I don't take anything seriously on the show now. I mostly watch to see the haunted places and hear the stories. And honestly, I got the feeling that Jason was the one trying to distract from that whole incident. Grant was going on about his collar and Jason was like, "Did you hear a noise over there?? Let's go check that out!" He almost seemed like he was trying to downplay the whole thing. I've watched that entire segment many times and it's so obvious that Grant has something going on in his right sleeve and pocket (not to mention that "extra" pull at the end that the cameras caught yet he didn't acknowledge that seemed to happen when he finally pulled his hand out of the pocket). I'm not saying that anyone is a bad person (I've always been fond of Grant), but I think the pressure to "perform" was just overwhelming.

I'm sad he's gone, and I hope he finds peace and happiness! :goodvibes

We didn't watch Ghost Hunters much, we prefer Ghost Adventures, but the few times we did watch GH we really like Grant. I bet he won't be gone to long.

I agree he won't be gone long. If you ask me it is just to stir up some interest. I think GH has been pretty lack luster of late. Ever since the incident on the live show a while ago where they had "something" pull on Grant's jacket I have not felt the show was credible. I remember when they would struggle to find just a little bit of evidence and at that time it seemed real but now they seem to have the spirits just walk on up and perform. I do wonder however how they do the flashlight trick.

I agree totally.....just wrote this b/c I had not read the whole thread! I just cannot get into it since then. Believe it or not I think I believe Ghost Adventures more. Why I don't know but I do .

I agree totally.....just wrote this b/c I had not read the whole thread! I just cannot get into it since then. Believe it or not I think I believe Ghost Adventures more. Why I don't know but I do .

These guys are so incredibly nice and down to Earth. Zak and crew have come to ScareFest several years in a row and they tirelessly greet their guests and sign autographs. They think nothing of walking through the crowd, talking to people. I saw a woman approach Zak with a video camera and she told him her son was sick and wanted to meet him but couldn't make it there because he wasn't well. She asked Zak to record a video message for him but he did one better - he walked around with that camera for at least 10 minutes, greeting people and narrating the entire thing to this lady's son. She was in tears when she thanked him. He hugged her. Just nice guys. :goodvibes

The Ghost Adventures guys do come across as nice. I think that they're a bit much during investigations but it's fun to watch them.

Really all you can do is just enjoy any of these shows. I've often commented that a ghost could sit down with these people and be interviewed and they'd have no way of proving that it was for real. There is just no way to do that through TV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter