Grand Cayman with 3 and 6 yr old

flashy09

Earning My Ears
I am taking the Disney Fantasy for the Merrytime cruise in December with my 3 (close to 4) and just turned 6 yr old. We are doing the Dolphins in Cozumel and not sure what to do in Grand Cayman. Rum Point beach is sold out. We could do White House, but that looks a little boring? Is there something outside of Disney that is fun or even just a nice beach kids would find interesting? All the Disney activities that allow 3 yr olds seem to be house tours or 2 hr raft rides and I think she might get restless. Thank you!

Do they allow 3 yr olds? I can see something about the stingray sand bar (is that where the turtle farm is?), but the prices start at 4 yrs old.

I don't believe it is offered as a DCL excursion anymore, but it is a Turtle "theme park" on Grand Cayman. It is called The Cayman Turtle Farm - you can google it to go to their webpage, and they do not have any age restrictions.

My kids were 3 and 6 when we did the turtle farm with Captain Marvin's. It's $30/person, the 3 year old was free - includes the ticket to the turtle farm and a short stop at Hell. They'll drop you off at Seven Mile Beach if you want (find your own way back), but we didn't do this. It was a quiet Sunday and we were the only ship in port, so the tour ended up being just our group of 5. It was a nice relaxing excursion and we were back on the ship in time for lunch. :)

We went when our boys were that age; we just took a cab to the beach and they played in sand/swam. It was great.

If you pre-book the turtle farm at their website, my understanding is that they will have a bus waiting for you when you debark. Then it's either $2 or $3 (I can't recall) per person to take the public bus that runs every 15 mins back to the pier when you're done :)

We have a 3 and 5 year old and on Grand Cayman we are doing a combination tour through Native Way. A member of our group contacted them and they were able to set us up to do their visit to the stingray sandbar, coral reef, and starfish point (3 year olds welcome, but no snorkeling equipment provided for that age, only 4 and up) and then they will transport us to the turtle farm after :) We were really excited to be able to set up something that the 3 and 5 year olds will enjoy as much as the adults.

We did Grand Cayman last year. My boys were age 6, 10 and 13 at the time. We went on a Disney excursion that included a stop in hell, stop at the turtle farm and then snorkeling with the stingrays... which wasn't really snorkeling. They took us to a sandbar where the water wasn't deep at all and there were really huge stingrays, it was pretty cool. I think that would be perfect for your kids ages. But even just exploring the entire turtle farm would be cool.

We didn't know any of the history of the island so it was also interesting to learn about the culture.

We did Royal Palms as a few weeks ago. We decided to go there since other folks on the public bus were going there as well.

Waiting for a taxi was taking too long so I just hopped onto a van (which happened to be a bus) that had enough room for me, my wife, DD5, and DS3. It was $2.50 a person.

We arrived at Royal Palms at around 12:30. The kids had no admission fee. We were able to get 1 lounger on the beach, which was really a place to store all of our stuff while we were in the water. The waves lapped up to the feet of the lounger.

They have changing rooms/bathrooms at the facility.

On the way back to port they have waiting taxis to load you in, and that was $4 a person.

When we head out on our next cruise next year we plan on doing the same thing. The only difference is we will try to get off the boat earlier, and not have reservations at 3 so we can enjoy the beach longer.

Cheers!

we were just there this summer, and originally booked a submarine ride, but it was cancelled due to AC being broken on the submarine, we then just took a cab(taxi) to turtle farm directly, my DD5 and DD6 really enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter