• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Cayman Stingray City Reef Sail and Snorkel

Do the stingrays still have those long stinger things or are they removed? I did an excursion in Mexico where they have you swim with them but those barn things (sorry not sure what they’re called) have been removed so it’s safer. I’m guessing these stingrays are pretty used to people but you never know and don’t want to end up like Steve Irwin

No, they are wild. When I did it it was like 2 months after Irwin died, so our guide made sure to address it. They are a different type of ray with a much smaller barb. They are happy to see you, but you are supposed to face their fronts anyway. I still remember feeling the barbs of one of them rubbing my chest as it went by. It was sharp, but small. It's really a cool experience, but is a bit of a rush as well.

We went with Acquarius Sea Tours and Captain Mario. Awesome day. Took us to 3 sites including Starfish Beach. Pictures were “free”. Fed us pizza. We paid on our boat ride back. Family business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter