Grand Californian

When we were there last week it was still every other day and even then just emptying trash, refreshing towels, toiletries, coffee, etc.

You can also call down to get more towels, etc at any time.

Does anyone have a map to show where Club Level rooms are in the Grand or are they just spread out wherever in the hotel? I'm specifically interested in the Premium view rooms for Club. Thanks in advance!

Hi , anyone have any experience sleeping 5 in a room at GCH? Not looking for DVC feedback. I know there are standard rooms with daybed , but assuming less than 50-50 chance of getting this , what is the alternative ? 2 adults, and 3 kids, thank you

A hotel charging $900 a night for a Marriott-quality room can't find a way to check people in in a matter of minutes? I hate to be so negative, but it isn't as if they just opened after the pandemic. They have been open for weeks now. If they can't staff properly by now, they are simply not paying competitive rates, which Disney can afford. If it wasn't for the location, the hotel would be out of business by now. If I were management of the hotel, I would be embarrassed and personally down there finding ways to fix the problem, every single day. If that meant my senior management for the hotel was working the front desk at busy times, then that's what we would do until we were staffed properly.

I am growing tired of paying Disney prices for less and less value. All this talk from the executives about how they want to shift the parks to offering premium experiences for the big money, and they can't even manage a premium hotel as one would expect for the price. I hope they realize that premium experience doesn't just mean you charge a fortune for a sub-par experience with the Disney name slapped on it.

Please make sure Disney gets your feedback about the checking process.
There is zero excuse for the check in mess. Disney has been utilizing mobile check-in for all WDW properties where no one has to visit the front desk since the first ones opened in late June 2020 after Covid. They had plenty of time to integrate that to the DLR app.

Last edited:
Right now as a COVID accommodation, they allow delivery from several of the downtown disney restaurants, including Earl of Sandwich, Uva, Catal, and Ralph Brennan's. They call you before they run it over and meet you at the guest services desk, which is not manned right now. We're DVC, so we had a fully stocked fridge of beer and wine in the room. The food arrived still hot, and it was really nice (and a serious money saver) to have our meal in the room. There's a QR code with a special link for ordering on the TV in the room, which we had taken a photo of in the morning before we left for the parks Then we ordered on our way back to the room for lunch, and they called me letting me know it was on its way over shortly after I got to the room.

When we checked in, they mentioned the option was available because they weren't currently offering room service, but I hope they keep this going even after room service returns. I tried for 2 months to get a reservation at Uva and couldn't do it, but eating Uva in the room was just as great!

This is great information! Thank you so much for this!

Now - re: beverages in the fridge. Is this for DVC only or is this part of the Club Level experience also?

This is great information! Thank you so much for this!

Now - re: beverages in the fridge. Is this for DVC only or is this part of the Club Level experience also?
I believe the poster meant they had stocked their fridge with beer and wine. If you are staying Club level, you can get glasses of wine and beer from the Veranda. But not stocking fridge.

Hi , anyone have any experience sleeping 5 in a room at GCH? Not looking for DVC feedback. I know there are standard rooms with daybed , but assuming less than 50-50 chance of getting this , what is the alternative ? 2 adults, and 3 kids, thank you
When booked (just three of us), it showed us which room type we got (2 queen and day bed). I called to confirm that and was told it wasn't guaranteed but we had a good chance of it. We also put it down as our only special request. In the end we got the room with the day bed. They also have rooms with 2 queens and a twin sleeper chair.

I believe that party's of 5 have preference for them, so you should be good. But also be sure to check in online or early in the day.

This is reported to be the most common bedding configuration in the hotel (2 queens with either a day bed or sleeper chair). If you have 5 people on the reservation, that is the room type you will get automatically since no other room configuration will hold that many people. Make sure that you do have all 5 people on the reservation when you book it.

Does anyone have a map to show where Club Level rooms are in the Grand or are they just spread out wherever in the hotel? I'm specifically interested in the Premium view rooms for Club. Thanks in advance!

I am wondering about this as well. :)
Looking forward to seeing some club reviews! Hopefully in the next few weeks.

I am wondering about this as well. :)
Looking forward to seeing some club reviews! Hopefully in the next few weeks.
I can't tell you specifically what it is now, but based on previous trips, concierge rooms were usually on the 5th and 6th floors (the lounge itself is on the 6th floor).

We just decided to book two nights here for next month. The check in situation sounds bad. In May we stayed at the Riviera at WDW and check in was a breeze. DL needs to get with the program.

Is the GCH doing any of the extra little events like the Morning Run in the Parks before they open, or the movie nights, post covid? Visiting 7/6-7/9...thanks

Is the GCH doing any of the extra little events like the Morning Run in the Parks before they open, or the movie nights, post covid? Visiting 7/6-7/9...thanks
Not at this time. They are still working at bringing CMs back, as can be seen by the speed of check in.

One thing I did discover about the length of time to check in, printing the keys is taking about 2-3x as long as before. The keys are RFID now.

I might be wrong, but parking is noted on your room key, not by car, so basically you can park as many as you want. Maybe that is not according to the rules, but we always park 2.

For the parking discussion, I did see this at the bottom of my reservation. Now whether it is enforced or not, who can say? Sounds like experiences have varied. :)

"A $25.00 parking fee (taxes included) per night, per vehicle for each room reservation will be charged at check-out. This fee covers one (1) vehicle in self-parking. (If an additional Guest with a 2nd vehicle is staying in your room, an additional $25.00 parking fee per night will be charged to your reservation.)"

For the parking discussion, I did see this at the bottom of my reservation. Now whether it is enforced or not, who can say? Sounds like experiences have varied. :)

"A $25.00 parking fee (taxes included) per night, per vehicle for each room reservation will be charged at check-out. This fee covers one (1) vehicle in self-parking. (If an additional Guest with a 2nd vehicle is staying in your room, an additional $25.00 parking fee per night will be charged to your reservation.)"

I just realized that you all were like not talking about the cost, but if you could park more than one car. Sorry! Maybe this info will help someone else.

I just realized that you all were like not talking about the cost, but if you could park more than one car. Sorry! Maybe this info will help someone else.

I was the one asking about parking a second car and that was definitely helpful! I’m not thrilled about paying $50/day to park on top of the rates for non-housekeeping rooms, but it does make me feel better knowing the 2nd car is definitely allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter