Grand Californian Super Thread

@DizMe @EEva @Pluto468

I'm picturing the 4 of us at some future date sitting in little circle in the lobby of the Grand looking woebegone, passing around the very last mini bottle of shampoo or body wash with a teeny smidge in the bottom and taking little 'sniffs' of the remaining scent. As the tears well up in our eyes.........
LOLOL. Well, I can't deny that I open my last shampoo from time to time to smell the drop that's left in the bottom of the bottle. It would be much more fun in the lobby of the Grand, though!

@DizMe @EEva @Pluto468

I'm picturing the 4 of us at some future date sitting in little circle in the lobby of the Grand looking woebegone, passing around the very last mini bottle of shampoo or body wash with a teeny smidge in the bottom and taking little 'sniffs' of the remaining scent. As the tears well up in our eyes.........

LOLOL. Well, I can't deny that I open my last shampoo from time to time to smell the drop that's left in the bottom of the bottle. It would be much more fun in the lobby of the Grand, though!
Someday we'll be these old ladies sitting by the fireplace in the Grand and waxing nostalgic about the Best Shampoo Ever that used to be found in actual bottles in the rooms. People around us will give us the side-eye and discreetly slide their chairs farther away...

Someday we'll be these old ladies sitting by the fireplace in the Grand and waxing nostalgic about the Best Shampoo Ever that used to be found in actual bottles in the rooms. People around us will give us the side-eye and discreetly slide their chairs farther away...

Well, according to my (adult) sons, I'm there already. So many of my remarks seem to start with "Well, back in MY day....". lol

I'll be happy to scootch my rocking chair over when y'all are ready to join me.

@DizMe @EEva @Pluto468

Pour one out for the H2O's we've lost

Well, according to my (adult) sons, I'm there already. So many of my remarks seem to start with "Well, back in MY day....". lol

I'll be happy to scootch my rocking chair over when y'all are ready to join me.
Yeah, I'm there already as well. I remember sitting in the back seat of the family car as a kid and my parents would be up front saying stuff like, "I remember when this was nothing but bean fields!" while we kids rolled our eyes, quietly groaned, and elbowed each other.

Now, here I am, slinging similar lines to my adult kids, LOL.

Ok, let's meet up in the Grand and toast to the Good Old Days. We can have Hearthstone make us a drink with an herbal flair and call it H2OYeah or something (as long as it doesn't taste like shampoo).

I always drive down to DL, but this time I'm planning on flying. Any advice for safe and reliable transportation between SNA and Anaheim (or is Uber what most people use now)?
A lot of people take a cab, which is pretty reasonable and very easy. I usually do ride share (Uber or Lyft) because I'm cheap and it saves me a little money. That's also easy but to be honest, it got a little more difficult a few years back when they stopped allowing ride share drivers to pick you up outside of the luggage claim and moved it to a dedicated spot upstairs. There are signs where to go, but they sure could have made it clearer IMO. In your case, a cab would probably be the quickest and easiest and isn't going to cost too much more, I don't think.

I always drive down to DL, but this time I'm planning on flying. Any advice for safe and reliable transportation between SNA and Anaheim (or is Uber what most people use now)?
I agree with DizMe, taxis are your best bet from SNA. We had a less than stellar experience last time because they shoved us in a Prius with our 5 checked bags in the back, it was not a very comfortable ride. We have a lot of luggage that we travel with, especially during Halloween, (costumes, etc) so I am going to be insistent this time on getting a minivan.

The last time we did a private SUV car service, we had to meet the driver at the very end in the parking garage because of the rule change at SNA. I had anticipated us getting picked up curbside, so was surprised when we had to schlep ourselves and luggage all the way down to the other end of the airport. Taxis just seem so much closer.

A lot of people take a cab, which is pretty reasonable and very easy. I usually do ride share (Uber or Lyft) because I'm cheap and it saves me a little money. That's also easy but to be honest, it got a little more difficult a few years back when they stopped allowing ride share drivers to pick you up outside of the luggage claim and moved it to a dedicated spot upstairs. There are signs where to go, but they sure could have made it clearer IMO. In your case, a cab would probably be the quickest and easiest and isn't going to cost too much more, I don't think.

I agree with DizMe, taxis are your best bet from SNA. We had a less than stellar experience last time because they shoved us in a Prius with our 5 checked bags in the back, it was not a very comfortable ride. We have a lot of luggage that we travel with, especially during Halloween, (costumes, etc) so I am going to be insistent this time on getting a minivan.

The last time we did a private SUV car service, we had to meet the driver at the very end in the parking garage because of the rule change at SNA. I had anticipated us getting picked up curbside, so was surprised when we had to schlep ourselves and luggage all the way down to the other end of the airport. Taxis just seem so much closer.

Thanks so much, both of you. I was also considering a car service, but that sounds complicated, too. I appreciate the info. We won't have much with us since it's a very short trip and we tend to travel light anyway, but we are arriving at night and the easier the better.

I used a shuttle service from SNA. They picked us up right outside baggage claim. It was very easy and convenient. $100 each way, but I like knowing a ride is waiting for me. Lots of people have good luck with ubers from SNA.

Yeah, I'm there already as well. I remember sitting in the back seat of the family car as a kid and my parents would be up front saying stuff like, "I remember when this was nothing but bean fields!" while we kids rolled our eyes, quietly groaned, and elbowed each other.

Now, here I am, slinging similar lines to my adult kids, LOL.

Ok, let's meet up in the Grand and toast to the Good Old Days. We can have Hearthstone make us a drink with an herbal flair and call it H2OYeah or something (as long as it doesn't taste like shampoo).
We could get "H2O Forever" shirts!

I keep hoping I can find some kind of shampoo that smells like H2O, but no luck so far. It has that certain something...

My teens mimic me saying, "Back in my day," in voices as if I'm 100 years old lol. I especially like to regale them with tales of my $95 a year Annual Disneyland passports.

Any thoughts on what to request if I booked a premium CL room? I've only booked the regular CL room in the past. I'd hate to be too far from the lounge or an elevator.

Any thoughts on what to request if I booked a premium CL room? I've only booked the regular CL room in the past. I'd hate to be too far from the lounge or an elevator.
The Veranda (club lounge) is on the the 6th floor, so that is the most convenient floor. Top floor rooms generally are above a roof that overhangs the lower floors, which allows more sunlight into the room.

My first choice would be 6333, park view near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose.
All the GREEN rooms will have similar park views.
The YELLOW rooms are closer to the lounge, with a pool view.
Veranda is BLUE.
The RED rooms do not exist on the 6th floor.

map_gch_premium_club.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter