Grand Californian Super Thread

How's self parking at the Grand work? Is it across the street from the hotel? (Like adjacent to the PP?)

What if you have bags? Can you pull up to the Grand and have the bell hop or someone hold them and then go park the car? I just recall the grand being CRAZY busy near the valet stand/front doors when I went a couple years ago and I recall the bell hop area being really busy too... I would imagine that would bug them having cars jam up that area just unloading bags...

Any advice?

How's self parking at the Grand work? Is it across the street from the hotel? (Like adjacent to the PP?)

What if you have bags? Can you pull up to the Grand and have the bell hop or someone hold them and then go park the car? I just recall the grand being CRAZY busy near the valet stand/front doors when I went a couple years ago and I recall the bell hop area being really busy too... I would imagine that would bug them having cars jam up that area just unloading bags...

Any advice?
If you go past the valet they have an area of designated parking stalls on the left so that you can park and check-in/drop off luggage. Then to self park just go across the street and the parking attendant will direct you where to park.

If you go past the valet they have an area of designated parking stalls on the left so that you can park and check-in/drop off luggage. Then to self park just go across the street and the parking attendant will direct you where to park.
Is that the like 50 stalls right in front of the Grand (same side of the street) for load/unload?

Hey all! It's been awhile since I've stayed at the Grand and I'm just wondering what they've replaced that gorgeous H20+ sea salt collection with. I'm hoping they've found a manufacturer that has replicated the scent.

The website is now 'defunct'. I snagged a final bottle of the body wash from Amazon awhile ago, but they no longer have it. It was so much 'the smell of the Grand' and takes me 'home' whenever I use it. But I'm using it sparingly!

No there’s only about 5-10 stalls. Right after you pass the valet you make a left turn into the small lot
Don't they require a guest key to enter the self parking lot across the street? Be sure to check in before trying to enter that lot.

I do self-parking as well at the GCH. During our December 2021 honeymoon, we had Bell Services take our luggage from my car, then store our luggage until our room was ready. I walked inside to check in while my husband moved our car to one of those stalls which you mentioned. The check in line was long so it took a bit of time, and my husband joined me in line.

After we checked in and got a room key (the room was not ready until closer to 4), we moved our car to self-parking across the street. It required using a room key to access the lot.

Hi all, my wife is scheduled to stay at GCH next week. She is very excited!!! She has Club Level access. Has anyone tried at this access at GCH? Any tips? Is it back to normal with all its offerings? Anyone used the Club Access recently? Thanks for any advice or guidance! Hope everyone has a great day!

Hey all! It's been awhile since I've stayed at the Grand and I'm just wondering what they've replaced that gorgeous H20+ sea salt collection with. I'm hoping they've found a manufacturer that has replicated the scent.

The website is now 'defunct'. I snagged a final bottle of the body wash from Amazon awhile ago, but they no longer have it. It was so much 'the smell of the Grand' and takes me 'home' whenever I use it. But I'm using it sparingly!
There are no longer travel sized bottles, but dispensers in the showers. They have shampoo, conditioner and body wash. I used the shampoo and conditioner and am pretty sure it is still the H2O Sea Salt product. The shampoo was green and smelled the same as the last little bottles I had. I recently stayed in a club level room, but I would assume all the rooms would have the same dispensers now,

There are no longer travel sized bottles, but dispensers in the showers. They have shampoo, conditioner and body wash. I used the shampoo and conditioner and am pretty sure it is still the H2O Sea Salt product. The shampoo was green and smelled the same as the last little bottles I had. I recently stayed in a club level room, but I would assume all the rooms would have the same dispensers now,
This is what we had last Dec. I haven't been there since, but I'm sure the dispensers are in all rooms, just not sure about the hair products now. We had the same kind EEva mentioned--smelled just like the H2O and looked like it, too. I hope they still have it! I totally associate that smell with GCH.

This is what we had last Dec. I haven't been there since, but I'm sure the dispensers are in all rooms, just not sure about the hair products now. We had the same kind EEva mentioned--smelled just like the H2O and looked like it, too. I hope they still have it! I totally associate that smell with GCH.
I miss H2O so much! I really wish it was still sold on the Disney website. I have a tiny bottle left of the body wash from our 2019 DLH stay, but no shampoo.

I miss H2O so much! I really wish it was still sold on the Disney website. I have a tiny bottle left of the body wash from our 2019 DLH stay, but no shampoo.
Me too!! I always wished they'd made a cologne or body spray.

@DizMe @EEva Thanks for the 'intel'.

I suspect that either H20+ is still manufacturing Sea Salt 'direct to Disney' or they sold their formula to Disney who contracted with a different manufacturer. Or Disney bought up their entire inventory and will continue using it until it's gone. It's for sure you can't find it 'new' anywhere, just some random items on eBay or other resale sites.

I have an unopened 16 oz bottle of body wash I bought directly from H20+ via Amazon awhile ago and quite a few of the mini-bottles of various items I've collected over my stays. I will be so sad when they're gone. As it is I 'save' it for special occasions or when I'm feeling 'homesick' and need a lift.

Me too!! I always wished they'd made a cologne or body spray.

@DizMe @EEva Thanks for the 'intel'.

I suspect that either H20+ is still manufacturing Sea Salt 'direct to Disney' or they sold their formula to Disney who contracted with a different manufacturer. Or Disney bought up their entire inventory and will continue using it until it's gone. It's for sure you can't find it 'new' anywhere, just some random items on eBay or other resale sites.

I have an unopened 16 oz bottle of body wash I bought directly from H20+ via Amazon awhile ago and quite a few of the mini-bottles of various items I've collected over my stays. I will be so sad when they're gone. As it is I 'save' it for special occasions or when I'm feeling 'homesick' and need a lift.
I think you're right--not sure which guess, but one of them!

I also have a bag of unused/partially used bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc that I've collected over the years. I don't know why, but I never really thought about it going away. I thought GCH might one day switch it out for something else, but I thought the company would survive, sigh. I used to buy it online sometimes.

I will be so sad when they're gone. As it is I 'save' it for special occasions or when I'm feeling 'homesick' and need a lift.
That's what I did with my last small bottles of shampoo. I had to stop myself using it every day, and really put off using up the last bit of it. If we make it to the Grand in November I'll be so happy to smell it again lol

Don't they require a guest key to enter the self parking lot across the street? Be sure to check in before trying to enter that lot.

I do self-parking as well at the GCH. During our December 2021 honeymoon, we had Bell Services take our luggage from my car, then store our luggage until our room was ready. I walked inside to check in while my husband moved our car to one of those stalls which you mentioned. The check in line was long so it took a bit of time, and my husband joined me in line.

After we checked in and got a room key (the room was not ready until closer to 4), we moved our car to self-parking across the street. It required using a room key to access the lot.
No, you can just take a ticket and enter the lot. When you go to leave, you can give your room number.

Debating on whether to pack shampoo and conditioner for our trip next week. We're staying at the DLH but I'm sure it's the same thing with the dispensers. My hair seems to do ok with H20 so I usually left shampoo/conditioner at home but I wonder if I should pack some to be on the safe side in case it changed.

Debating on whether to pack shampoo and conditioner for our trip next week. We're staying at the DLH but I'm sure it's the same thing with the dispensers. My hair seems to do ok with H20 so I usually left shampoo/conditioner at home but I wonder if I should pack some to be on the safe side in case it changed.
I don't think DLH had the same shampoo/conditioner as GCH but I could be wrong. I know they used to have a different kind, and quite a while back the shampoo and conditioner bottles had little ear hats for lids. I still have some of those :)

So in doing a little googling, it seems that as soon as the current stock is depleted, that's it for H2O :sad:

Last edited:
Hi all, my wife is scheduled to stay at GCH next week. She is very excited!!! She has Club Level access. Has anyone tried at this access at GCH? Any tips? Is it back to normal with all its offerings? Anyone used the Club Access recently? Thanks for any advice or guidance! Hope everyone has a great day!
We’re staying club level at the Grand right now. It’s our first time staying club level here, but seems to be normal offerings as far as I can tell. The staff has been fantastic - super friendly and helpful.

Usually but there was one time where I dropped off my family & went directly across to the parking lot. I told the attendant that my family was checking in & he raised the gate & let me park….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter