Grand Californian Super Thread

We have a standard club level room booked for our first trip to Disneyland in early November. We really would like two beds and not any of the other configurations (no bunk beds nor pull outs if possible)
What do you think our chances are of getting two real beds (a little worried about space and comfort level)
Do all club level rooms have balconies

We have a standard club level room booked for our first trip to Disneyland in early November. We really would like two beds and not any of the other configurations (no bunk beds nor pull outs if possible)
What do you think our chances are of getting two real beds (a little worried about space and comfort level)
You shouldn’t have a problem getting two beds if that is what you book. The third bed would be a couch that converts so it shouldn’t be an issue. It doesn’t take up more space because it is a couch.

They removed bunk beds several years ago during the remodel. So now you can have 2Q, 2Q with a single pull down bed, 1K, 1K with a pull down single, 1K with a pull out chair and pull down single. The most common configuration by far (( think) is 2Q with either a pull down bed or just 2 Q. So if you want 2 Q, you should get it. But I would still contact them to put in your bedding request, just to be sure.

We stayed at GCH last year but it wasn't club level. We requested a King and got 2 Queens instead. 🤷🏻‍♀️

How many are in your party? I often go with my sister and we definitely prefer 2 Qs. We always make the request and check in in person to see what we're getting.

As others have said, most rooms come with 2 Qs so that's likely what you'll get anyway. If there are only 2 of you and you want to be sure, you can add a couple of kids to the reservation (extra adults = extra charge). I've not done that, but it has been used by other DISers and worked.

We have four in the room 👍
Thanks for all info !!!
We are so excited to be going to Disneyland for the first time

If you have four in your room, you will get at least a 2Q room. The 2Q plus pullout bed will not take up any more room than the 2Q plus couch. To answer your question about balconies, there are only a handful of rooms that do NOT have balconies, and only a couple of those are Club level rooms. I was unlucky enough to be put in one of the standard Club level rooms without one last time we stayed there. We needed the balcony because it’s where we hang out when our toddler is napping. I think you can search this thread and find my post that lists the room number. The concierge was happy to find me a different room (which required a bit of a wait), so if you do want a balcony, I’d suggest letting them know in advance because there is a small possibility you could be put in a room without one.

Just back from VGC stay over the weekend. Had 1508 - room literally just outside the back entrance path.

Grabbed Craftsman Grill breakfast for the family and able to assess both starts ---

both sides to DCA started scanning right about 715am.
The line on the regular DCA was up to the exit of the lobby.
he line on the back DCA to PP was almost to the BBQ patio.

We love the back of DCA. after WOC, avoided the masses with simple walk back to VGC room.

Can only GCH guest use the California Adventure entrance or any guest staying at any onsite hotel use it? I keep seeing different things & thought I would ask. I thought it was only GCH guest that could use it.
We just returned from a weekend stay at the GCH so just thought I could offer my insight. They will requiere you to show your room key/hotel reservation during early entry time and I believe a little bit after the park officially opens, but from what we saw it was always around 10/11 by the latest that they would stop checking and people were just able to walk on in!

We just returned from a weekend stay at the GCH so just thought I could offer my insight. They will requiere you to show your room key/hotel reservation during early entry time and I believe a little bit after the park officially opens, but from what we saw it was always around 10/11 by the latest that they would stop checking and people were just able to walk on in!
Thanks! I am not sure why but I always that this was an almost exclusive perk to staying at the GCH.

Just back from VGC stay over the weekend. Had 1508 - room literally just outside the back entrance path.

Grabbed Craftsman Grill breakfast for the family and able to assess both starts ---

both sides to DCA started scanning right about 715am.
The line on the regular DCA was up to the exit of the lobby.
he line on the back DCA to PP was almost to the BBQ patio.

We love the back of DCA. after WOC, avoided the masses with simple walk back to VGC room.
Thanks for this. So they start scanning at 7:15, and do they go into a rope drop? If so, can you say where the rope is for the new entrance?

This might be a silly question….

We have a 1 bedroom suite(not villas) booked for the over the holidays. We’re really hoping to get the king bed and put in a request but we know that nothings guaranteed… 2 adults 2 kids. But then I’m also really hoping for a balcony that has the table for four people.

I was curious if there is such thing as a ‘bad’ view/location? This is our first visit staying on site, and I’m a little nervous — probably over thinking! I can’t seem to find out information about the villas but not the one bedroom suites.

Our kids are going to be 15 and 5 and we do have the DLH booked also through New Years. But we’re seriously considering maybe adding another 1-2 days onto the Grand and just skipping New Year’s. I’ve heard of it just being so chaotic and with the 5 yr old thinking we might want to wait till she is older.

This might be a silly question….

We have a 1 bedroom suite(not villas) booked for the over the holidays. We’re really hoping to get the king bed and put in a request but we know that nothings guaranteed… 2 adults 2 kids. But then I’m also really hoping for a balcony that has the table for four people.

I was curious if there is such thing as a ‘bad’ view/location? This is our first visit staying on site, and I’m a little nervous — probably over thinking! I can’t seem to find out information about the villas but not the one bedroom suites.

Our kids are going to be 15 and 5 and we do have the DLH booked also through New Years. But we’re seriously considering maybe adding another 1-2 days onto the Grand and just skipping New Year’s. I’ve heard of it just being so chaotic and with the 5 yr old thinking we might want to wait till she is older.

Page 378 of this thread shows where the suites are located on the map and gives some details about the locations. There are some suites that are quite a ways from the elevators, which result in a really, really long walk back to your room. Avoid those. I got stuck in one when I was 8 months pregnant and it was miserable.

Page 378 of this thread shows where the suites are located on the map and gives some details about the locations. There are some suites that are quite a ways from the elevators, which result in a really, really long walk back to your room. Avoid those. I got stuck in one when I was 8 months pregnant and it was miserable.
Thanks!

I’m wondering because I’m going over Christmas(thinking of maybe trying to add a few days before) I’m wondering if I will have too many options. I’ve never been in any on-site hotels so maybe they is why I’m so nervous about it

Thanks!

I’m wondering because I’m going over Christmas(thinking of maybe trying to add a few days before) I’m wondering if I will have too many options. I’ve never been in any on-site hotels so maybe they is why I’m so nervous about it
We stayed in a standard room and some might say it was a bad view because it overlooked the front of the hotel and was partially blocked by a tree. But it was on the third floor right off the stairs and elevator and next to the concierge desk. It was a great location. I would trade a view for that location any day.

Last edited:
We stayed in a standard room and some might say it was a bad view because if overlooked the front of the hotel and was partially blocked by a tree. But it was on the third floor right off the stairs and elevator and next to the concierge desk. It was a great location. I would trade a view for that location any day.
I just stayed in a similar location in April. It was amazing! We routinely took the stairs, which was great for convenience, although our legs started to not like that so much. 😆

The only room that I didn't love due to the long walk was when we stayed in 5260...it's literally the last room on the furthest side of GCH. The tradeoff is that Goofys Sky School was just outside our window, but that novelty wore off pretty quick whenever we had to trek back to the room. Now with the PPH entrance near the DVC BBQ area, that side would actually be great for entering DCA, so that's a plus.

For @Disneysince82, I don't believe there are any one bedrooms on that side since it's mostly DVC (but I could be wrong). All in all though, I don't think you can really go wrong at GCH. Even with the room I didn't love above, there were positive aspects (partial view of DCA). The only type I haven't had is DtD, but my parents stayed in a DtD room last year and absolutely loved it. They are big people watchers, and the noise didn't bother them at all (they actually loved hearing the live music and said the door drowned it out when close).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter