Grand Californian Super Thread

We are staying DVC in March - we've stayed at GCH before, just not on the DVC side. Are the DVC rooms close to a park entrance?

The Corn Dog Castle entrance is super convenient. You just go out the door by the grills and go left down the path. Every time we’ve used it we’ve been the only ones so security is super fast (we usually go in later in the morning so not rope drop). One time we even saw characters walking by headed backstage, although security said that wasn’t typical.

Unless it's changed, you should have access to a microwave in the vending/ice areas. I found some 2021 posts on the Park Panel that said they are still available. And also this TT from 2022 which is hopefully legit. Maybe someone has used them recently and can confirm. Or, call the hotel direct and confirm.

Agree with above, having some stuff in the room for a morning snack/to-go breakfast is a great stress-beater on those early mornings. Keeps the kid(s) busy while adults get ready. But Craftsman is great the rest of the day. Keep in mind the fridge size is mini, so reserve that for dairy, Juice, etc. You can also bring a soft cooler and use the ice machines for more cold stuff. Have fun! :thumbsup2

*Hmmm, I removed the TikTok as it might be from a blocked site. Just a video of one of the vending rooms, showing a microwave on a table.

Good to know, thanks!

We were just there last week and the microwave ovens are still available in the room with the vending machines and ice. It was quite close to our room. I'm not sure if they have more than one per floor.
Thanks!

You have to be careful with the room fridges. Some are the new type that are just "beverage coolers" and they don't get cold enough to keep perishables fresh. If it has a see through glass door, it's a beverage cooler and won't get much colder than like 45 degrees. Don't put dairy in there.

We had 2 different fridges in our 2 rooms last summer. One was a legit refrigerator. The other was a cooler. The refrigerator was in a club level room. The cooler in a Downtown Disney view room.

Oh...that's a bummer! If we are able to make this trip work, we'd just be in a standard view room. Even if there is an actual mini-fridge....is there any freezer space? We typically bring little RV sized ice cube trays to make cubes with bottled water to put in our metal bottles in the morning and keep them cold for hours. (I'm always grossed out by hotel ice machines.)

Good to know, thanks!

Thanks!

Oh...that's a bummer! If we are able to make this trip work, we'd just be in a standard view room. Even if there is an actual mini-fridge....is there any freezer space? We typically bring little RV sized ice cube trays to make cubes with bottled water to put in our metal bottles in the morning and keep them cold for hours. (I'm always grossed out by hotel ice machines.)

No freezers in these at all.

Thanks, that makes me feel better about it. I've heard horror stories about hotel ice machines never getting cleaned and whatnot so I guess I'm just paranoid.

Hi everyone! Staying club level at GC over MLK weekend. Has anyone been recently? Do you happen to know the typical evening appetizer options from 5-7pm? Thanks to all for input!

Is there an outdoor area for dining/relaxing that is part of the club lounge?

My last trip there was before the remodel and I'm thinking about going back. Are there recent photos of the new lounge?

Anything else new I might want to know about?

Thanks in advance.

Okay...more questions from me. We have a standard view, 2-queen room booked. From looking online, I see there are different room configurations. I was thinking I would try to request one that has a daybed when we check in. But if we do the "Direct-to-room" check in on the app, can we still request that or do we need to check-in in person to make a request?

I also watched a youtube video recently where people were "upgraded" to a pool view (I don't think they asked for this) and I definitely do NOT want to end up in a pool view room....if I do the online check-in, will it tell me the view I'm getting?

Is there an outdoor area for dining/relaxing that is part of the club lounge?

My last trip there was before the remodel and I'm thinking about going back. Are there recent photos of the new lounge?

Anything else new I might want to know about?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is a large balcony with tables and a sort of bar counter with high stools.

There is also an amazing on demand sparkling water dispenser. It's awesome.

Yes, there is a large balcony with tables and a sort of bar counter with high stools.

There is also an amazing on demand sparkling water dispenser. It's awesome.
Thanks so much - that's great to hear. And ooooh on the sparkling water dispenser. We had one of those recently in a lounge in Kauai and it was really fun to get our water there (there were lots of choices).

Thanks so much - that's great to hear. And ooooh on the sparkling water dispenser. We had one of those recently in a lounge in Kauai and it was really fun to get our water there (there were lots of choices).

This one just dispenses plain sparkling water, but they have lots of juices you can mix it with.

GC Hotel and Spa visit in late June 2022. We just stayed a few days on our way to Aulani. We had a courtyard view on the 5th floor and could see the Soarin' building. Our last night (saturday), we went to bed and around 11-1am or 2am there was some band playing extremly loud music, I thought they were on our balcony.

I couldn't see anything special going on in DCA and I was like..they don't keep DCA open till 2am? or 2:30am?

Was the noise coming from Downtown Disney???

Just curious if there may be quieter rooms at GC? and where they would be located.

TIA.

GC Hotel and Spa visit in late June 2022. We just stayed a few days on our way to Aulani. We had a courtyard view on the 5th floor and could see the Soarin' building. Our last night (saturday), we went to bed and around 11-1am or 2am there was some band playing extremly loud music, I thought they were on our balcony.

I couldn't see anything special going on in DCA and I was like..they don't keep DCA open till 2am? or 2:30am?

Just curious if there may be quieter rooms at GC? and where they would be located.

TIA.
Sounds like Grad Night, which were June 1,3,4,7,8,10,11,17 (2022). I think the party goes until 2:00 AM.

Whatever it was, I feel your pain! I know it's not for everyone, but we use white noise apps on our phones to try and smooth out external hotel noise. We use them at home so it's easy when we travel. I can't stand earplugs for sleep.

Woods/Courtyard is usually a great bet. Downtown Disney and Theme Park views (usually more $$ or upgrade) can be very loud also, late at night. :thumbsup2

TIA.
We experienced something very similar back in October. We also stayed in a room that was near Soarin'.

It wasn't a band, but the speakers over California Adventure played Billy Jean by Michael Jackson nonstop from 1am-5am. It was right after one of the Halloween parties that we went to. The Halloween mix music they play during the party cut at about 12:30am, and there was a 30 minute break where things were quiet and we went to sleep, then all of a sudden that song played on a loop. We almost started thinking we were delirious but all 3 of us woke up several times throughout the night hearing it. We had the door cracked for a bit of fresh air in the room while we slept, which is how we initially heard it at 1am, but even when we closed the door we could still hear it pretty clearly. We went out on the balcony and it was definitely coming from California Adventure, it wasn't one of the neighboring rooms because it was too loud and seemed to echo.

We were all exhausted and it was in the middle of the night so we didn't even think about calling down to guest services. We talked to a CM over there the next morning and she said they'll sometimes play music for CMs working overnight in CA.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter