Grand Californian Super Thread

Good to know about checking on the app. I had no idea!

Why is mobile order not good there? In the parks last time, we really liked it and thought it would be good for breakfast at the hotel but now I'm wondering.

I see mobile order doesn't mention grab and go things like pastries and cereal so I assume if I want those, I just get and pay for them as needed. But I know my son would want bacon for breakfast. (Can you get al a carte bacon or does he need to get a full meal??)

Maybe we just had terrible luck, but it took forever when i said I’m here and there wasn't anyone in line! Oh yeah. I just Remembered it always takes a while there it seems, lol. But they also box everything up to go, and it ruined the avacado toast Id dreamed about since before Covid haha. But it also messed up my kids food, being boxed. I dont remember why. We are avid mobile orderers in the park, but this experience was so rough we said nope. It was fine at lunch the day we used it. Hopefully someone else will chime in that it’s just us!

Yes, you’d need to grab the grab and go stuff there. Not sure on the bacon… but I’d think so?

Good to know about checking on the app. I had no idea!

Why is mobile order not good there? In the parks last time, we really liked it and thought it would be good for breakfast at the hotel but now I'm wondering.

I see mobile order doesn't mention grab and go things like pastries and cereal so I assume if I want those, I just get and pay for them as needed. But I know my son would want bacon for breakfast. (Can you get al a carte bacon or does he need to get a full meal??)

The mobile order, specifically at this location is SLOW SLOW SLOW. It takes an average of 30-45 minutes for it to actually be ready after you click "I'm here." Lately, they just don't offer mobile order at ALL during the morning hours because they are too busy. The place opens at 6:30am and serves breakfast until 10:30am.

I am going to be honest with you....this place makes good food but it is a TIME COMMITMENT. Even when you order in person, you will wait for a long time for your food, at all hours. If you are rope drop people, don't even think about it. If you just want grab and go breakfast stuff, pick some stuff up the day before and keep it in your room and eat in there. You can get a decent breakfast in the parks and if your kid just wants some bacon, you can mobile order some from Pyms in DCA, specifically.

So do you think going to a counter service place in the parks for breakfast would be significantly less of a time commitment? We definitely don't want to spend all morning eating. When we've stayed off site, we often get things from Target to eat but with no microwave or toaster that does limit what our (autistic) son would eat for breakfast.

So do you think going to a counter service place in the parks for breakfast would be significantly less of a time commitment? We definitely don't want to spend all morning eating. When we've stayed off site, we often get things from Target to eat but with no microwave or toaster that does limit what our (autistic) son would eat for breakfast.

Yes, having CS breakfast in the parks is quick. Much faster than Craftsman Grill.

Looking for updated guidance on security arrival for EE when staying at GC. If going to DL and using the DTD security entrance, would 6:30 put me in good position (for 7:30 am open)? What about DCA - are people still recommending the DTD entrance over the GC DCA entrance or Corn Dog Castle entrance?

We were just at GC for to days going to DCA. Definitely do the GC DCA entrance. Even on the two sold out days, it was way faster than DTD entrance. One line for both security and entry (not two) and in the park right on time. Line up at 7:05/7:10 and you should be near the front I would think.

We got there at 6:40 for DL day and were about 30th in line. We still were able to be first at a turnstile and very first on Peter Pan. We used DTD again for DCA because we wanted candy canes and Spider-Man. We got there at 6:30 and were about 20th- again first at a turnstile and in the first group at Webslingers. They start letting people through security right at 7 and the line was pretty long- I’d guess 200 people.

Our other DCA day we used the Pixar Pier entrance and got there around 7. We were about 30th. They let people through and just inside at 7:20. We filled all available space as directed and ended up at the invisible rope and second to Incredicoaster.

This was Dec 18-20.

If staying in a partial view room, what room numbers should be avoided for quietest experience (i.e. not near Goofy's Sky School)? Any room number recommendations for partial view?

We stayed at GCH 12-17 to 12-24 this year. We had room 5324 and had a wonderful park view of the Mickey wheel. I'm not sure they let you specify a room. We had just asked for partial park view and it was the best we have ever had. We have stayed at GCH 5 times. That room was also very close to an elevator that came out at Napa Rose so very close to getting in line for security.

The premium club room for our March trip says, " Pool view." Are those usually pretty good, or should I ask for something specific?

The premium club room for our March trip says, " Pool view." Are those usually pretty good, or should I ask for something specific?

I'd just let the chips fall. Those are nice views. They shouldn't be too far from the Verandah. You can maybe request "close to club level lounge."

Those should be good as long as you're not down in the DVC wing side, which is quite a ways from the lounge.

On this map, the lounge is in red and the elevators in blue. I try and stay close to those.

Attachments

• gch map cl.JPG
    gch map cl.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 38
Unless it's changed, you should have access to a microwave in the vending/ice areas. I found some 2021 posts on the Park Panel that said they are still available. And also this TT from 2022 which is hopefully legit. Maybe someone has used them recently and can confirm. Or, call the hotel direct and confirm.

Agree with above, having some stuff in the room for a morning snack/to-go breakfast is a great stress-beater on those early mornings. Keeps the kid(s) busy while adults get ready. But Craftsman is great the rest of the day. Keep in mind the fridge size is mini, so reserve that for dairy, Juice, etc. You can also bring a soft cooler and use the ice machines for more cold stuff. Have fun! :thumbsup2

*Hmmm, I removed the TikTok as it might be from a blocked site. Just a video of one of the vending rooms, showing a microwave on a table.

We were just there last week and the microwave ovens are still available in the room with the vending machines and ice. It was quite close to our room. I'm not sure if they have more than one per floor.

Those should be good as long as you're not down in the DVC wing side, which is quite a ways from the lounge.

On this map, the lounge is in red and the elevators in blue. I try and stay close to those.
Thanks for posting this! I think I'll request being near the elevators.

Unless it's changed, you should have access to a microwave in the vending/ice areas. I found some 2021 posts on the Park Panel that said they are still available. And also this TT from 2022 which is hopefully legit. Maybe someone has used them recently and can confirm. Or, call the hotel direct and confirm.

Agree with above, having some stuff in the room for a morning snack/to-go breakfast is a great stress-beater on those early mornings. Keeps the kid(s) busy while adults get ready. But Craftsman is great the rest of the day. Keep in mind the fridge size is mini, so reserve that for dairy, Juice, etc. You can also bring a soft cooler and use the ice machines for more cold stuff. Have fun! :thumbsup2

*Hmmm, I removed the TikTok as it might be from a blocked site. Just a video of one of the vending rooms, showing a microwave on a table.

You have to be careful with the room fridges. Some are the new type that are just "beverage coolers" and they don't get cold enough to keep perishables fresh. If it has a see through glass door, it's a beverage cooler and won't get much colder than like 45 degrees. Don't put dairy in there.

We had 2 different fridges in our 2 rooms last summer. One was a legit refrigerator. The other was a cooler. The refrigerator was in a club level room. The cooler in a Downtown Disney view room.

We are staying DVC in March - we've stayed at GCH before, just not on the DVC side. Are the DVC rooms close to a park entrance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter