Grand Californian Super Thread

I thought we would love a DTD view and we really didn't. It was over DTD, but overlooking the tram area, so nothing really exciting. It wasn't terrible, but wasn't what I had imagined, either.

I thought we would love a DTD view and we really didn't. It was over DTD, but overlooking the tram area, so nothing really exciting. It wasn't terrible, but wasn't what I had imagined, either.
Thanks for your input. That’s helpful. I think I am going to request a room on the west wing rather than the eastern end by the trams. We actually enjoy watching the hustle and bustle down below near the restaurants and shops.

Where are the club rooms at the Grand? Do they have balconies?

How is the club there compared to the one at DLH? Food, hours, seating area, etc? How late can you use the club on check-out day?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Where are the club rooms at the Grand? Do they have balconies?

How is the club there compared to the one at DLH? Food, hours, seating area, etc? How late can you use the club on check-out day?

Thanks!
Most on the 6th floor where the concierge lounge is located. Others will have to answer the other questions. I have only stayed CL at the GCH so can't comment on the comparison to DLH.

From the Disney website:

Includes All Room Amenities, Plus​

• Afternoon tea from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
  • Personal assistance from the Concierge Staff
  • Continental breakfast from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM
  • View fireworks from The Veranda (no soundtrack during special ticket events)
  • Cookies and desserts from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
  • Wine and cheese reception from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
  • Exclusive access to The Veranda

Most on the 6th floor where the concierge lounge is located. Others will have to answer the other questions. I have only stayed CL at the GCH so can't comment on the comparison to DLH.

From the Disney website:

Includes All Room Amenities, Plus​

• Afternoon tea from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
  • Personal assistance from the Concierge Staff
  • Continental breakfast from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM
  • View fireworks from The Veranda (no soundtrack during special ticket events)
  • Cookies and desserts from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
  • Wine and cheese reception from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
  • Exclusive access to The Veranda
Thanks!

Wow! We just got back and the new DCA entrance is a game changer for the DVC wing! My husband ran our Candy Canes to the room while my kids went on the swings and was back as the were exiting!

The DTD security line was about 50 people long at 6:40 and I’d guess 200 people long by 7:00. They started letting people through right at 7. People from that entrance were the first to the esplanade both days we went that way. We were able to find a turnstile to be first at both days. The third day we used the new entrance, got there at 7:10 and were about 50th in line. It started moving at 7:20 and we were held just inside the park until 7:30.

There's a new entrance to DCA in GCH? This is addition the previous one? (So now there's 2 entrances?) Where is it located?
It enters the park by the Corn Dog Castle. Officially it is for Paradise Pier (Pixar pier?) guests, but no one blinked at us using it even during EE. We did have to show our key or phone everytime. The easiest to find entrance/exit to the hotel is by the grills and laundry.

It enters the park by the Corn Dog Castle. Officially it is for Paradise Pier (Pixar pier?) guests, but no one blinked at us using it even during EE. We did have to show our key or phone everytime. The easiest to find entrance/exit to the hotel is by the grills and laundry.
Thanks very much.

Another club level room question- Does anyone know what the view is like for the premium club rooms? I was hoping we'd be overlooking trees or the pool, but might we end up looking over DTD?

On the GCH map it looks like it's possible to end up really far away from the entrance, like close to Paradise Pier. Would this be possible for a club room? If so, I'll request to be near the lobby.

Another club level room question- Does anyone know what the view is like for the premium club rooms? I was hoping we'd be overlooking trees or the pool, but might we end up looking over DTD?

On the GCH map it looks like it's possible to end up really far away from the entrance, like close to Paradise Pier. Would this be possible for a club room? If so, I'll request to be near the lobby.
They tend to keep the club level rooms close by the concierge lounge and the DTD rooms are quite a bit away from The Veranda, so it’s highly unlikely that the DTD wings are where you would be placed. You will most likely be placed pretty close to the lobby.

They tend to keep the club level rooms close by the concierge lounge and the DTD rooms are quite a bit away from The Veranda, so it’s highly unlikely that the DTD wings are where you would be placed. You will most likely be placed pretty close to the lobby.
Thanks! I'm so excited to finally try Grand Californian, especially the Veranda.

As an un-print-related comment, our standard view 2Q room was on the second floor above the Napa Rose section, overlooking the “pebble beach” roof, and it was such a fabulous location I’d happily request it for a future trip. A few doors down the hall from the elevators and laundry. A quick walk past Storytellers and through the lobby to the DL entrance hallway, and an even quicker walk to the CA entrance, the pool and the quick service restaurant. Great location, and not the worst view we’ve ever had. The room was a definite win.
Do you recall what room number you had? I'm trying to decide between standard or courtyard view. Thank you :)

Thanks! I'm so excited to finally try Grand Californian, especially the Veranda.
We had a club level 2 bedroom suite in the GCH once. Since these are located at the ends of the hallways, our rooms were overlooking the entrance (now exit) of World of Disney. We were high up (5th or 6th floor) so the noise was not a problem, but it was a very long walk! If you are staying in a regular room, they should put you close to the lounge.

Do you recall what room number you had? I'm trying to decide between standard or courtyard view. Thank you :)

I don’t remember the room number, but it was on the second floor, about two or three doors down from the elevators on that side. Standard view, but the view wasn’t horrible and the location couldn’t be beat.

I don’t remember the room number, but it was on the second floor, about two or three doors down from the elevators on that side. Standard view, but the view wasn’t horrible and the location couldn’t be beat.
Thank you! We actually decided to rent DVC, so that took care of that lol. Very excited to be there later this year!

There's no way I can read 364 pages so please bear with me here. We might have a once in a lifetime chance to stay at the Grand Californian soon. We always stay at Harbor hotels since on-site is just out of our price range so I've never even researched the on-site places.

I was looking at breakfast options. Craftsman Grill has things we'd probably eat. But the website doesn't list hours that breakfast is served. Can anyone tell me what the hours might be? Also, how difficult is it to find a table to sit at in the morning there?

Another question - how long does check-in usually take? We'd probably be checking in around 6 or maybe 7pm. We're using Lansky and doing a grocery stop before the hotel but I'm wondering if we get cold things, will they get too warm during the check-out process?

It opens pretty early… I’d say 6:30-11:00 maybe. Mobile order here is shaky… it’s better to just go. If you are early or late, tables are no problem. I’ve never had trouble at all, but it does get busy for breakfast between 7:30-8:30. There are some tables outside too. The rest of the day, it’s not very busy. The avacado toast is amazing… but not mobile order. Then it’s awful, lol. If you eat there later in the day the nachos and poke are really good too.

You can use advance check in and use your phone to get in your door. Then you can hit the desk for keys when the line is down. But a few weeks ago we arrived around 8 amd there was no line, so maybe 5 minutes. I’ve seen the line be verrrrrrrry long though so using the app initially is helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter