Grand Californian Super Thread

Checked in last Wednesday, in a DVC 1 bedroom. No print.

No one has entered the room at all since I checked in. I called the front desk on day 4 to tell them I don't want any service this trip (DVC normally gets service every 4 days). So I doubt I'll get a print. Not pushing the issue because I don' t need another DVC print.

No one has entered the room at all since I checked in. I called the front desk on day 4 to tell them I don't want any service this trip (DVC normally gets service every 4 days). So I doubt I'll get a print. Not pushing the issue because I don' t need another DVC print.
Maybe if you did get one, though, you could pass it along to another DISer (I'm not asking for it, just to be clear).

Yes.

I checked in today and it was not in the room. I called down to guest services to inquire and they said it is only for Disney Vacation Club members and their guests. We have a vacation package booked directly through Disneyland.com. Club level premium view.
We are not DVC and there was print in our room (partial view). So does seem to be pretty random.

Update - I stopped by the DVC office (next to the fitness room) today to ask about the print. They confirmed that everyone is supposed to get a print - both hotel and DVC guests. I got a print from them since I mentioned none was left in my room. Apparently housekeeping has been inconsistent in placing the prints in rooms (which we already know from earlier posts).

We will be staying at the GCH next week. I’ve read that they have keurigs in all rooms. We are traveling with 3 adults and two 17yo. Will we be able to get coffee pods for all of us, or should we bring our own.

We will be staying at the GCH next week. I’ve read that they have keurigs in all rooms. We are traveling with 3 adults and two 17yo. Will we be able to get coffee pods for all of us, or should we bring our own.

They will give you 2 regular, 2 decaf and 2 tea k cups. You can ask the housekeepers out in the hallways for more and they will hand them to you. OR, just bring your own. It's not great coffee.

Update - I stopped by the DVC office (next to the fitness room) today to ask about the print. They confirmed that everyone is supposed to get a print - both hotel and DVC guests. I got a print from them since I mentioned none was left in my room. Apparently housekeeping has been inconsistent in placing the prints in rooms (which we already know from earlier posts).

Our room at vgc did not have a print either. I asked at the front desk and the cast member knew nothing about them. But she made a few calls to get some information. She found out on the hotel side they are left in rooms that have celebrations listed. And for Dvc to head to the Dvc office and they will give us one. Wanted to get members to stop in (probably to gauge interest in adding on). So I also got mine from the Dvc office.

How early should we plan on leaving the hotel to line up at the gates for early entry. I assume there is security leaving through the downtown Disney Exit.

How early should we plan on leaving the hotel to line up at the gates for early entry. I assume there is security leaving through the downtown Disney Exit.
If you don’t have any bags to check you can bypass the line and not have to worry about lining up as early.

When I was there last week, I left my room a little before 7:00 am in order to get to the security line by 7:00. Both security lines looked quite long (DTD for Disneyland and entry by Napa Rose for DCA).

The DTD line moved nicely and I was into DTD and then through DL entry around 7:30am.

The other security line from the hotel for DCA opened a bit later, but from there you go directly into the park unlike having to go through DTD to get to the DL entry. I was into the park a little before 7:30.

Hi! I have a few questions about the new DCA entrance by Corn Dog Castle.
I read on the early entry thread that this entry is a great option for early entry, especially those staying in DVC rooms. So I assume this is not just for PPH hotel guests?

Does anyone know if this entrance/exit is open during all park hours? Or is it just at certain times?

The post also said they used the stairwell and exit by room x520. Does anyone know if this an exit only door? Or can you get back into the hotel this way? Or would one have to walk around to the front of the hotel if using this as an exit from the park?

TIA!

...The post also said they used the stairwell and exit by room x520. Does anyone know if this an exit only door? Or can you get back into the hotel this way?
The stairwell is configured for use as an emergency exit. Enter on any floor and the only way out is to the outside on the ground floor.
The stairwell cannot be used to go from 3 to 4 (ask me how I know :headache:).

There is an entrance to the GCH near the barbecues, very close.

The stairwell is configured for use as an emergency exit. Enter on any floor and the only way out is to the outside on the ground floor.
The stairwell cannot be used to go from 3 to 4 (ask me how I know :headache:).

There is an entrance to the GCH near the barbecues, very close.
Exactly. We exit out the stairway and it empties right by the entrance to DCA. Upon return, we walk down to the BBQ area enter by the Laundry and hang a right to the elevators.

Has anyone stayed in a Downtown Disney view room this holiday season? I didn’t put in a request for any particular location/floor and am now second guessing myself. We will be there over NYE and will likely try to watch the New Year’s Eve fireworks from our balcony. But we also really enjoy the ambience of people watching and listening to the music from our balcony and with all the Christmas decorations, I am now wondering if anyone stayed and had a view they loved?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter