Grand Californian Super Thread

I am not sure how many rooms have that configuration? I imagine it’s a matter of who else is staying then-if someone else has a stay that starts before yours and makes the same request, for instance.

Love that little coloring book! I have two children who would be all about that - was it for all guests, or just those staying Concierge?

6 year old in our party will like that (I want one too)
These were at valet window outside the entrance. I’d ask the front desk or concierge when you are staying at the GCH. They are really well done and come with a little pack of crayons.

I can't find my email from Disney confirming my stay at the GCH. I have it linked on my Disney account so I can see it on my phone, but I want the actual email to find my remaining balance, etc.

What Disney email address does the confirmation have? It was made through the Dapper Day link in case that makes it a different address? I am hoping to search and find it that way. Thank you. I feel like a goof.
The last time we had a Dapper Day room, it came from: Disneyland® Resort Reservations <groupcampaigns@pkghlrss.com>

You might also search for "Passkey" which was the room block software they use/used. This was a couple years ago, maybe someone has more recent. :thumbsup2

I can't find my email from Disney confirming my stay at the GCH. I have it linked on my Disney account so I can see it on my phone, but I want the actual email to find my remaining balance, etc.

What Disney email address does the confirmation have? It was made through the Dapper Day link in case that makes it a different address? I am hoping to search and find it that way. Thank you. I feel like a goof.
My last DD email came from info@cvent.com. 714-520-5005 was the phone number on the email. This was for fall 2021.

The prints are only being given to DVC members, just as a heads up.
This doesn't match what the latest issue of Disney Files says in the article titled Grand Mousterpiece. The article discusses the print, which was designed by Disney Fine Artist (and current official voice of Mickey Mouse) Bret Iwan.

"Bret's take-home work of art will await Members and guests soon in all accommodations at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, including its Disney Vacation Club Villas, while supplies last."

This doesn't match what the latest issue of Disney Files says in the article titled Grand Mousterpiece. The article discusses the print, which was designed by Disney Fine Artist (and current official voice of Mickey Mouse) Bret Iwan.

"Bret's take-home work of art will await Members and guests soon in all accommodations at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, including its Disney Vacation Club Villas, while supplies last."

Nope, there was one in our regular room when we checked in on Saturday, and we are not DVC members, paid cash direct to disney for the room.
Maybe it's luck of the draw. I went up to the registration desk and asked two CMs and they both said they are only for DVC and there were no extra for regular guests. One even went to the back to ask, so that's interesting.

For reference, we stayed Woods-Courtyard and it wasn't in the room at check-in. I saw the post here and went to ask in the morning, then asked again in the evening. Or maybe they already ran out?

Nope, there was one in our regular room when we checked in on Saturday, and we are not DVC members, paid cash direct to disney for the room.
Yes.

I checked in today and it was not in the room. I called down to guest services to inquire and they said it is only for Disney Vacation Club members and their guests. We have a vacation package booked directly through Disneyland.com. Club level premium view.

Maybe it's luck of the draw. I went up to the registration desk and asked two CMs and they both said they are only for DVC and there were no extra for regular guests. One even went to the back to ask, so that's interesting.

For reference, we stayed Woods-Courtyard and it wasn't in the room at check-in. I saw the post here and went to ask in the morning, then asked again in the evening. Or maybe they already ran out?

Yes.

I checked in today and it was not in the room. I called down to guest services to inquire and they said it is only for Disney Vacation Club members and their guests. We have a vacation package booked directly through Disneyland.com. Club level premium view.

I was told the same.

That’s so weird. We are not DVC, although I’d like to be, and we booked a regular standard room for cash, not even a view let alone CL. And I got a print. Just lucky, I guess?

Attachments

• 87074D67-1DCE-4BF3-89C9-AA6B659CA756.jpeg
    87074D67-1DCE-4BF3-89C9-AA6B659CA756.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 11
As an un-print-related comment, our standard view 2Q room was on the second floor above the Napa Rose section, overlooking the “pebble beach” roof, and it was such a fabulous location I’d happily request it for a future trip. A few doors down the hall from the elevators and laundry. A quick walk past Storytellers and through the lobby to the DL entrance hallway, and an even quicker walk to the CA entrance, the pool and the quick service restaurant. Great location, and not the worst view we’ve ever had. The room was a definite win.

As an un-print-related comment, our standard view 2Q room was on the second floor above the Napa Rose section, overlooking the “pebble beach” roof, and it was such a fabulous location I’d happily request it for a future trip. A few doors down the hall from the elevators and laundry. A quick walk past Storytellers and through the lobby to the DL entrance hallway, and an even quicker walk to the CA entrance, the pool and the quick service restaurant. Great location, and not the worst view we’ve ever had. The room was a definite win.
I’d love to see a photo of the view if you took one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter