Grand Californian Super Thread

We booked a premium view room. We requested a room near the Napa Rose elevators on a high floor with bunk beds a park view. Our room, 4442, had a great view of Grizzly Peak. (We actually weren't all that close to the Napa elevators but those were still the closest elevators to us as most of the 300 wing, which is closer to the Napa elevators, was under renovation.)

We were told at check in that 4th floor rooms (4xxx) are the highest level that has bunk beds.

The rooms have 4 numbers. So for room 4321, for example, you're on the 4th floor on the 300 wing.

Sandan, this request should work for you as well. The only wild card is the renovation. I originally wanted a 300 wing view but was glad I didn't get it as those rooms were being renovated and had scaffolding in front of them (they were empty during our visit). Not sure what the renovations will be when you get there.

I'd request a Grizzly Peak park view in the 300 or 400 wing. Some of the 100 wing (X1XX) may also have Grizzly Peak views but those are further away with the pool in between the room and the park. You don't want those if Grizzly Peak is your main concern.

By the way, request your view ahead of time. Don't wait until check-in. If you're arriving late, call and let them know the day before or the day of and request your view again. I was told they sometimes give rooms away when guests start checking in even if a particular view is pre-assigned if the guest assigned to that room hasn't checked in yet.

Good luck and have fun!

Great thanks for the tips , I have requested via email with reply the grizzly peak view, they have said it is noted. I plan on checking in aprox 7 am so I hope that will help too :)

Seeing as the x300 wing is down, I think we will ask for either the 4424-4428 area you were in close to the secret door or maybe the 4240-4260 that should see Paradise Pier, although Hydro Guy did warn about obstructed views.

Just to be clear -- We were in 4442, so maybe you mean 4424-4448. The higher numbers will be closer to Grizzly Peak and the exit. The lower numbers will be closer to the renovation area (at least as of a couple days ago).

I think those 4240-4260 rooms would have great views as well.

I've been checked in for all of 1 hour and am so underwhelmed by the customer service at the GCH. I'm here for a freaking customer service course and they have a thing or two to learn themselves!

Phone by the bed does not work.

Bag check guy was grumpy, I asked him a simple question and he became more grumpy.

Person I am traveling with did not get her room key activated and they wanted her to trek all the way down to the lobby to get a new card (never heard of a hotel making someone do that, you bring it up to the guest!)

I ask for a room close to the parks with any type of view, and I'm in the 200 wing. Which means long hallways and back out through the lobby.

I'm pissed.

I just returned from 4 days at gch and everyone was great. Valet...bellman....front desk...housekeeping...all of them. Even looked up my room requests while I was checking in and said yep...I have the room...I requested specific numbers and got first choice..6504.

Poolside service was a little slow Friday but great Saturday.

I've been checked in for all of 1 hour and am so underwhelmed by the customer service at the GCH. I'm here for a freaking customer service course and they have a thing or two to learn themselves!

Phone by the bed does not work.

Bag check guy was grumpy, I asked him a simple question and he became more grumpy.

Person I am traveling with did not get her room key activated and they wanted her to trek all the way down to the lobby to get a new card (never heard of a hotel making someone do that, you bring it up to the guest!)

I ask for a room close to the parks with any type of view, and I'm in the 200 wing. Which means long hallways and back out through the lobby.

I'm pissed.

So sorry you're having problems at the GCH! I'd guess the room location issue is due to the renovation. They had a LOT of park view rooms that were unavailable last week, probably the same this week.

Hope you have a better rest of the week.

So sorry you're having problems at the GCH! I'd guess the room location issue is due to the renovation. They had a LOT of park view rooms that were unavailable last week, probably the same this week.

Hope you have a better rest of the week.

I gave myself a little attitude adjustment after I posted the first time and calmed down a bit. Having a solid meal helped, and then watching World of Color from the viewing deck reminded me of the Disney magic. And truly the customer service IN the parks has been phenomenal. It's just weird that something is off at the GCH. Ah well.

Does anyone have any experience with the pools in January? I was told they are open and heated, but was wondering how warm the water would be. Would my daughter be able to enjoy the pool and slide?

I just returned from 4 days at gch and everyone was great. Valet...bellman....front desk...housekeeping...all of them. Even looked up my room requests while I was checking in and said yep...I have the room...I requested specific numbers and got first choice..6504.

Poolside service was a little slow Friday but great Saturday.

Does anyone know where those very few king bed rooms are located or are they scattered about here and there?

Has anyone ever had a king bed room and where was it located if you have?

I gave myself a little attitude adjustment after I posted the first time and calmed down a bit. Having a solid meal helped, and then watching World of Color from the viewing deck reminded me of the Disney magic. And truly the customer service IN the parks has been phenomenal. It's just weird that something is off at the GCH. Ah well.

Hope you continue to experience nothing but Disney magic. Sorry it started out rough.

Does anyone know where those very few king bed rooms are located or are they scattered about here and there.
King beds are scattered. There were 75 king rooms before the expansion, which added 200 rooms (unknown how many king).
The master bedroom of 1 and 2 bedroom villas (VGC) have king beds :goodvibes

Has anyone ever had a king bed room and where was it located if you have?
4333, 5343, 5417

King beds are scattered. There were 75 king rooms before the expansion, which added 200 rooms (unknown how many king).
The master bedroom of 1 and 2 bedroom villas (VGC) have king beds :goodvibes

4333, 5343, 5417

Thanks for the info on the King rooms. Looks like it might be difficult to snag one.

Can we checkin early, say 10am & still be able to get in via california adventure, we are AP holders?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter