• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Super Thread

Of course not - go ahead! I know I was looking for as many pictures I could find of the various views before I booked my trip!

I only wish I got a picture of the whole expansive view from the room, but because I was in a corner every time I tried I got the annoying shadows of the roof and such in the photos. The view of condor flats is looking left, and the view of the bear head is looking straight ahead. I could also see the tower of terror in the middle of the two, and the anaheim convention center (looks cool at night!) was mostly visible to the right. Seeing the monorail zoom through was also great!

Aby

...We booked a standard room but were upgraded to a courtyard view, room #4424...
A nice upgrade. I would call that a theme park view :thumbsup2

Rooms in that area of the hotel feel like they are inside the park, since there is no high fence separating the hotel from the park :goodvibes

AWESOMEST thread ever! I learned more about my "Home away from home" than I did through the "official" channels!

We stayed in Rm 4518 around Christmas 2010. I took only one pic from inside the room. Any pictures from the windowsill would have been voyeuristic because we were "right" on top of the Redwood Creek Challenge Park.

417570_10150585470569843_789054842_9217079_1789616063_n.jpg

We'll be renting points for our stay at the Villas and would love to have access to the Concierge Lounge! But when we stayed last year, guests staying in the Villas weren't able to. I'm assuming that this is still the case, but just wanted to verify.
And if this is still the case, does anybody know why?
TIA!

We'll be renting points for our stay at the Villas and would love to have access to the Concierge Lounge! But when we stayed last year, guests staying in the Villas weren't able to. I'm assuming that this is still the case, but just wanted to verify.
And if this is still the case, does anybody know why?
TIA!

Concierge Level is a bookable category for GCH guests only. DVC guests cannot book a Concierge Level accommodation, as they don't exist in the DVC Villas at GCH. And, unfortunately, the Concierge Lounge does not allow for a pay-as-you-go service; you have to be staying in a CL room.

Only the AKV property at WDW among the DVC resorts has a Concierge Level category for use at that property.

Concierge Level is a bookable category for GCH guests only. DVC guests cannot book a Concierge Level accommodation, as they don't exist in the DVC Villas at GCH. And, unfortunately, the Concierge Lounge does not allow for a pay-as-you-go service; you have to be staying in a CL room.

Only the AKV property at WDW among the DVC resorts has a Concierge Level category for use at that property.

Ahhh, I see. Bummer! :guilty: Thanks for the info! :goodvibes

Hi all. DH has just told me that he is Okee Dokee with changing from the DLH to the GCH (where I really wanted to stay :cool1:). So, since he is being so awesome I want to get the least expensive room possible without looking at a parking lot. So, I grabbed the map y'all have here and I have a question about where the courtyard rooms are. I put a blue circle on the map where I believe the courtyard rooms are. My questions are:

1) are the courtyard rooms really where I put the blue circle or am I off base?
2) if you stay on a high floor in rooms on the lower side of the courtyard (i.e. 303 for example) would you be able to see fireworks from your balcony if they are going off in Disneyland?

GCH.jpg

I want to get the least expensive room possible without looking at a parking lot.
There is nothing wrong with the parking lot view :goodvibes
I would rather have a view of the sunset, than a view of other hotel rooms :laughing:

1) are the courtyard rooms really where I put the blue circle or am I off base?
Yes, those are the courtyard rooms.

2) if you stay on a high floor in rooms on the lower side of the courtyard (i.e. 303 for example) would you be able to see fireworks from your balcony if they are going off in Disneyland?
Yes, fireworks can be seen from the balconies facing north, however concierge guests will often be assigned to those rooms. Concierge guests also use the lounge on the 6th floor to view fireworks.

Nonsuch, thank you so much for such a quick response. I love disboarders. I guess I'll just put a request in for a north facing room on a high floor and take my chances. If i don't get it I'm fine. To be honest I just love balconies because I go out there at night with my cocoa and write down my memories from the day while DH watches ESPN and the kiddos fall asleep. Fireworks are a bonus but not necessary to my peace. I mean heck, I'm at Disney. And this time DISNEYLAND. I'm so stinking excited I finally convinced the rest of my clan to try out the west coast park. I can't wait to walk where Walt walked.

There is nothing wrong with the parking lot view :goodvibes
I would rather have a view of the sunset, than a view of other hotel rooms :laughing:

I have to agree - we have had the parking lot view before (because we wanted a room with a daybed) and it is a pretty nice view - lots of trees. Not like looking at a big massive slab of cement. We didn't really hear any noise either.

I have to agree - we have had the parking lot view before (because we wanted a room with a daybed) and it is a pretty nice view - lots of trees. Not like looking at a big massive slab of cement. We didn't really hear any noise either.
Repost of sunset view (aka, standard or parking lot):
gch_parking_view.jpg

I am so excited...going to Disneyland in April....staying on the concierge level. Thank you for the wonderful pictures. This is my third trip to Disneyland....one trip to Disneyworld... To me, Disneyland is by far the best!

Nonsuch, thank you so much for such a quick response. I love disboarders. I guess I'll just put a request in for a north facing room on a high floor and take my chances. If i don't get it I'm fine. To be honest I just love balconies because I go out there at night with my cocoa and write down my memories from the day while DH watches ESPN and the kiddos fall asleep. Fireworks are a bonus but not necessary to my peace. I mean heck, I'm at Disney. And this time DISNEYLAND. I'm so stinking excited I finally convinced the rest of my clan to try out the west coast park. I can't wait to walk where Walt walked.

The courtyard view rooms you highlighted also overlook the monorail tracks that run through the resort. We stayed in one a few years ago, my kids loved watching the monorail zoom by....

The courtyard view rooms you highlighted also overlook the monorail tracks that run through the resort. We stayed in one a few years ago, my kids loved watching the monorail zoom by....

Good to know. That might actually get my DS excited. He's pre-teen and very little get's him excited. :rotfl2:

Just got back from our first stay at GCH last week. We're sold! DLH is great but GCH will be our hotel from now on :goodvibes

We stayed in 5246 with a park view...right next to Goofy's Flight School:

424114_258812380862041_100001998422034_556409_260400803_n.jpg

419820_259022060841073_100001998422034_556778_417448550_n.jpg

photobucket-3950-1330476650173.jpg

Taking our first trip to DLR and staying at GCV. Are there wheelchairs that hotel guests can borrow for their stay like at WDW resorts or should we bring one from home? Thanks.

We borrowed a wheelchair the past two years for my 90 year old father for the four days were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter