Grand Californian Super Thread

GCH appears to be completely booked during my dates (6/13-6/16). I already have a room reserved (thankfully!), but like to check back in periodically in case the rates drop. I’ve never, ever seen one of the DLR hotels book out completely like this four months ahead without an extenuating circumstance (like Christmas or a special event). All room types still seem to be available at DLH and PPH for those dates. I’m wondering if this is a momentary glitch in the system and, if it’s not, why the hotel is so packed those days!

GCH appears to be completely booked during my dates (6/13-6/16). I already have a room reserved (thankfully!), but like to check back in periodically in case the rates drop. I’ve never, ever seen one of the DLR hotels book out completely like this four months ahead without an extenuating circumstance (like Christmas or a special event). All room types still seem to be available at DLH and PPH for those dates. I’m wondering if this is a momentary glitch in the system and, if it’s not, why the hotel is so packed those days!

out of curiosity, I looked to book a room for 2 adults, 2 kids for your dates and I had plenty of rooms to choose from.Are you booking for a larger party? Might have been a cliche?

out of curiosity, I looked to book a room for 2 adults, 2 kids for your dates and I had plenty of rooms to choose from.Are you booking for a larger party? Might have been a cliche?

It could be a cookie/cache issue. When I look at individual dates, there is availability, though limited and not for the type of room I booked. I’m actually already booked for those dates, so maybe the system is making sure I don’t double book. 🤷🏻‍♀️

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. On day 2 of our trip, I plan to have my park reservation for California Adventure. If we do an early character breakfast at Storytellers Cafe can I just use that entrance? Or do I have to walk back around?

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. On day 2 of our trip, I plan to have my park reservation for California Adventure. If we do an early character breakfast at Storytellers Cafe can I just use that entrance? Or do I have to walk back around?

When we stayed last summer, they never, not once, asked to see our hotel guest keys. Not even for morning entry as the park opened. I know that there have been times in the past when the entrance was supposed to be for hotel guests only, but that included guests of the hotel restaurants and they just needed to show a receipt. So, I wouldn’t anticipate you would need to show anything to enter DCA through the GCH entrance, but maybe hang on to your Storyteller receipt just in case.

LA’s starts summer break then but I think your culprit is the 2022 Southern Baptist Convention at the convention center. GCH makes a nice complement to the main convention for groups that want the best of Disneyland and easy access to the convention. Some of the attendees could form a group-or just be a big group to start with- and get a group rate from GCH. (DLH is going to be construction noise and what’s the point of PPH when the Westin is nicer?)

LA’s starts summer break then but I think your culprit is the 2022 Southern Baptist Convention at the convention center. GCH makes a nice complement to the main convention for groups that want the best of Disneyland and easy access to the convention. Some of the attendees could form a group-or just be a big group to start with- and get a group rate from GCH. (DLH is going to be construction noise and what’s the point of PPH when the Westin is nicer?)
Thanks for the explanation! That would make sense about the convention. Summer break I get as it’s the reason we are going that week (our first full week of break). But otherwise, it just seemed a little odd! I always anticipate crowds at any point of the summer, so I wasn’t concerned, but it did seem like a random time to have the GCH book up mid-week when the weeks on either side still had plenty of space.

Does anyone know if the bell desk will hold a delivery grocery order if we aren't available to pick it up? We've had great success with ordering snacks and having them delivered in the past, but this time our flight doesn't get in until 7pm and I wasn't sure if we could still have groceries delivered around that time and have them held if we're late. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if the bell desk will hold a delivery grocery order if we aren't available to pick it up? We've had great success with ordering snacks and having them delivered in the past, but this time our flight doesn't get in until 7pm and I wasn't sure if we could still have groceries delivered around that time and have them held if we're late. Thanks in advance!
Yes, Bell Services will hold your grocery delivery (and they have refrigerators and freezers).
I used Pavillions delivery, Halloween last year. Guests must meet delivery driver for orders which include alcohol.

I remember reading about a deck on the 6th floor where you could watch the fireworks? Or is it WOC? Can anyone clarify that for me? We arrive on a Sunday in May so it would be cool if we could catch a bit of the fireworks from there!

I remember reading about a deck on the 6th floor where you could watch the fireworks? Or is it WOC? Can anyone clarify that for me? We arrive on a Sunday in May so it would be cool if we could catch a bit of the fireworks from there!
The deck on the 6th floor over looks California Adventure's Pixar Pier area. I believe you could see see WOC from there, but definitely not fireworks. Not sure if there would be any sound/music from WOC piped in (sadly I've never seen WOC, so don't know what is involved). I've never been in the club-level verandah, so not sure if that would also have a view of WOC

I don't think there is any where to view fireworks from GCH.

The deck on the 6th floor over looks California Adventure's Pixar Pier area. I believe you could see see WOC from there, but definitely not fireworks. Not sure if there would be any sound/music from WOC piped in (sadly I've never seen WOC, so don't know what is involved). I've never been in the club-level verandah, so not sure if that would also have a view of WOC

Thanks, that's what made sense in my mind as well! I have a mediocre sense of direction though, haha.

Note - the info below is dated, it's been a long time since I stayed club-level at the Grand.

The club-level verandah faces across the courtyard toward Disneyland. I'd call it a high fireworks view over the hotel roof on the other side of the courtyard. Similar to the fireworks view if your room faces DTD (but not quite as good). I *think* they pipe in the music to the verandah.

There's no view of WOC from the club-level verandah. The view from the 6th floor deck (which is on the DVC side of the hotel) is mostly a side view; not as good as the straight-on view that you get in DCA. I can't remember for sure if the music was piped in or not.

There's no view of WOC from the club-level verandah. The view from the 6th floor deck (which is on the DVC side of the hotel) is mostly a side view; not as good as the straight-on view that you get in DCA. I can't remember for sure if the music was piped in or not.
There's no music piped into the 6th floor deck on the DVC wing, you wouldn't need it, you can hear the entire show from there and you can feel the heat from the fire too. The main thing you can't see are the projections from the water screens. Personally I love the view from above, it makes the colors/fountains part all the more impressive, but I've always hated crowds so we usually watch it from there (or our balcony in the DVC wing if we happen to get a room in the right spot).

There's no music piped into the 6th floor deck on the DVC wing, you wouldn't need it, you can hear the entire show from there and you can feel the heat from the fire too. The main thing you can't see are the projections from the water screens. Personally I love the view from above, it makes the colors/fountains part all the more impressive, but I've always hated crowds so we usually watch it from there (or our balcony in the DVC wing if we happen to get a room in the right spot).
I assume the dvc deck is for dvc guests only?

Weird question, I know.. but does anyone know what the hot dog of the month is for March at the craftsman?

It's a Pastrami Dog.

FYI, you can check current food offerings anytime by starting to place a mobile order in the app. This will bring up the current options with photos and descriptions. You don't actually have to go through with placing the order. Just back out. I do this all the time to check on new seasonal item availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter