Gotta say Ryno and Fiasco are really honest

Salf777

Mouseketeer
Just listened to Ryno and Fiasco review of the StarCruiser. Honestly they sounded a bit negative on the shows leading up to their voyage (which so many people and podcasts and vloggers were and I always said how you have such negative feelings about something you havent even experienced?) so I expected a terrible review. I have to say it was so refreshing to hear them say that first of all everyone saying its $6000 is wrong. Then when listening hearing them say how good it actually was and that they would go back if they could do it in a more affordable way. The fact that they came on, admitted they went in with an attitude expecting it not to be good and then came back and had very good things to say was refreshing. Not many people would first off admit they went in with a negative spin then turn around and say the experience was so good. In my opinion it lends credibility to the show so while this is not an experience I am interested in its good to hear people who can have an open mind and report fairly!

Agreed, they both did a great job. I would love to hear what Craig and Deni thought of it too. Particularly Craig, as I could tell that he really would like to voice his opinion of the experience but can't. He tends to have much of the same opinions that I have of things in general.

I just started the episode and they are explaining that only Cory and Ryno will review it. I have to say, I don't think there is a huge distinction between the validity of Craig/Deni's opinion versus the other two. No one at this table personally paid for the experience but only the later two are about to review it. I get they have to draw a line somewhere, and this is the one they have chosen (Disney paying) and I can't really argue, because no criteria would be the perfect answer. Reviews are all so personal anyways and so many factors contribute to them and they aren't facts, so eh, I think I already know that going in.

But in both situations a company footed the bill for them. It's the difference of your work trip being paid for by your employer or a vendor. It's a perfectly valid place to put the line in the sand. But do I think Craig is any less capable of giving an honest opinion than Ryno in this specific scenario? No I really don't.

I think if the small business I worked for paid for it, I might actually be more subconsciously inclined to be gracious, then say one of our incredibly large vendors where the budget for this is huge. I might see it as more of a pinch for my employer for me to go and have this experience.

At the end of the day, it's all humans giving human opinions.

Last edited:
Just listened to Ryno and Fiasco review of the StarCruiser. Honestly they sounded a bit negative on the shows leading up to their voyage (which so many people and podcasts and vloggers were and I always said how you have such negative feelings about something you havent even experienced?) so I expected a terrible review.

We must watch or listen to different podcasts because every review of the Starcruiser I've seen has been fairly positive. Even WDWNT's Tom Corless gave it a positive review.

I have to say it was so refreshing to hear them say that first of all everyone saying its $6000 is wrong.

I thought that was a little petty. It's $1209 + tax per night per person with a minimum occupancy of 2 on weeknights between 08/20/2022 and 09/17/2022 excluding taxes and fees. So, it's $4809 + taxes & fees minimum. Add a couple of kids in there (which is Disney's typical target market—a family of 4) and you're at $6,000 or more. Saying "$6,000" is not an exaggeration. Most people are not going to go with their adult friends who are going to split the costs with them. It's targeted at families (unfortunately).

Apparently, the pricing changes by season too so if you go Spring Break, Easter, Summer, Christmas, etc., it's even more expensive just like theme park/hotel/cruise pricing.

I'm just glad they all got into it and went in 100% even if it knocked them out of their comfort zone.

I actually think Craig and Deni should get a waiver on this with a disclosure and just let them speak their mind about it. If you want to get technical about it, Ryno and Corey didn't pay for their stay either. I feel like this is completely different than a dining review. However, there's a lot of the pay to play/influencer nonsense in the Disney vlog world. I understand where Pete is coming from and respect his decision.

I used to work for a newspaper that had a features section that reviewed concerts, plays, shows, comedians, etc. We always got media invites, but the paper would reimburse the theater, venue, etc. for the cost of of the ticket.

As for the Starcruiser experience itself, I have my issues with it. I remember the Galaxy's Edge press conference and the promise of roaming droids, live characters, reputation system, etc. Putting all that behind a 2-night paywall for the price of an entire week at WDW seems out of touch to me.

But I'm just so glad this thing wasn't budget cut. It doesn't look cheap. The character interaction looks amazing (Gaya? Very talented!) and it's not some cheesy experience like the original promotional video showed. Do they have some problems to fix? Yes, but in the Chapek era where there's supposedly no money for rides or entertainment, I was expecting the worst.

And I was blown away by Craig's video. I saw the length of it and expected to just skip through it. He edited it like a TV show or movie. It was actually entertaining and I got invested in all of their storylines (and upset when Kylie was locked out, etc.). It's by far the best coverage I've seen.

I enjoy their takes but the way Ryno came off as someone who didn’t pay for it was somewhat off putting.

Like @Jwaire , I also got annoyed by the "it's not $6000" line. I love Ryno in general, but he is wrong on this one. $6000 IS the average price when you consider booking the room to maximum occupancy. It's like a cruise price structure. There is no way to get in the door for a reasonable price as a single, and having 4 adults share one of those cabins seems like quite an uncomfortable proposition, considering the tiny size of the room and single bathroom/sink. I can see 2 adult friends splitting this, and that would come to almost $5000 on the LOWEST priced nights. The online booking engine DOESN'T EVEN SHOW YOU THE ACTUAL PRICE when you pick a date, they make you call to find out. That's how you know it's overpriced. It's like "market rate" on a fancy menu.

It seems clear that Craig thinks it's super overpriced and I get the sneaking suspicion that he felt some things were tacky/underwhelming. I also thought it was interesting that Deni went home every night. That's kind of odd. Speaks to the awkwardness of sharing one of those tiny cabins among people who are not family.

With that said, I'm glad the guys had an enjoyable time. They both seem like exactly the type of guest Disney made this experience for. It's a game, basically, for 2 days. You have to want to play, and if so, I can see the value in the experience. However, the videos show just how much work this whole thing is, and I'm with Pete on "if this was just a hotel I could stay at, I'd be all over it."

I just started the episode and they are explaining that only Cory and Ryno will review it. I have to say, I don't think there is a huge distinction between the validity of Craig/Deni's opinion versus the other two. No one at this table personally paid for the experience but only the later two are about to review it. I get they have to draw a line somewhere, and this is the one they have chosen (Disney paying) and I can't really argue, because no criteria would be the perfect answer. Reviews are all so personal anyways and so many factors contribute to them and they aren't facts, so eh, I think I already know that going in.

But in both situations a company footed the bill for them. It's the difference of your work trip being paid for by your employer or a vendor. It's a perfectly valid place to put the line in the sand. But do I think Craig is any less capable of giving an honest opinion than Ryno in this specific scenario? No I really don't.

I think if the small business I worked for paid for it, I might actually be more subconsciously inclined to be gracious, then say one of our incredibly large vendors where the budget for this is huge. I might see it as more of a pinch for my employer for me to go and have this experience.

At the end of the day, it's all humans giving human opinions.
To play devil's advocate:
I believe that part of this is so people don't say that the DIS employees are saying positive things to stay in Disney's good graces. Not that anyone in the group would do that, it just removes that angle of criticism.

To play devil's advocate:
I believe that part of this is so people don't say that the DIS employees are saying positive things to stay in Disney's good graces. Not that anyone in the group would do that, it just removes that angle of criticism.

Oh I am sure that is a big part of it and I get that and agree.

But as others have said $5000 (or $6000, whatever) is a big chunk for just two nights. I don’t think any of them can really speak to doing this over so many other things, because well, they didn’t. They all would just be doing their best to take that price tag into consideration and be fair.

Lol so being a devil’s advocate myself, what can you do with $6000 both Disney and not Disney? Soooo much….. like a 7 night cruise, Disneyland(I’m bias 😂), Hawaii, heck there is even a tiny BLT DVC contract currently available for $6,600. I would like to hear from someone, a middle income person where a vacation trade off is involved (they did this instead of the above.)

Normally, I tend to agree on the long standing policy of not to review. But in this senario, a luxury experience, I don't *think* they would have gambled on, I just didn’t see much difference in hearing from Ryno; but not an unfiltered Craig. I’d like to hear both this time.

Last edited:
I can sort of understand Craig not being able to give a full review. He was WORKING the whole time, mostly filming Kylie and Deni. He didn't exactly have the full experience because he was distracted. So, from that angle, I can see him not wanting to give a review since it was a hosted stay.

I'll be interested to hear his review after he completes a paid for reservation and see if he feels what HE paid was a good value for what he gets out of it.

Can I just say what a fantastic job Ryno and Fiasco did on the review. Loved the format, sitting on the bed and then cutting into video. Loved it. Very professional. Well done Guys. You should be proud.
I agree. I loved how they had this relaxed discussion and then used video to show what they were talking about. It made it so easy for me to follow. Loved their reviews so far. Also loved the way Craig edited the report that he, Deni, and Kylie did. I watched the whole thing.

Pete has told them several times that he wants their honest opinion - he doesn't want the team to pander to him or Dreams Unlimited. He's pretty clear on it, and so I trust their reviews to be candid.

-----------------

For the comments about Ryno's opinion on the $6k, I believe he did say that his perspective would be different than what a family of four would pay. He was hearing $6K, and it wasn't until he went that he realized that it wasn't $6k/person... that was my takeaway from what he was saying. If he spoke for families of 4 he would be criticized for giving an opinion on something that he doesn't have experience with.

I think it speaks volumes that Ryno, Craig (and I think Corey) are making plans on going back with friends so they can enjoy the experience fully without carrying cameras in their hands.

I saw another review that showed a 1-bedroom suite at the Galazy Starcruiser. I don't know who would spend that much money for two nights at Galaxy Starcruiser where the majority of the time is better spent experiencing all of the activities and atmosphere outside the room. I think the room aesthetics helps to keep you in the story and isn't meant for you to relax and read a book or watch a movie.

Lol so being a devil’s advocate myself, what can you do with $6000 both Disney and not Disney? Soooo much….. like a 7 night cruise, Disneyland(I’m bias 😂), Hawaii, heck there is even a tiny BLT DVC contract currently available for $6,600.

This is so funny because I thought the same thing. There was a 50 point Saratoga Springs contract for less than $7000 without extra points a few weeks ago. You could seriously spend 5 nights at World for the next 32 years for the price of one Starcruiser experience (yeah, I know maintenance fees but they would be super cheap).

It’s annoying. Part of me hoped Starcruiser was a disaster. That would make my mind up. However it looks OK. The reviews have been positive. But I wouldn’t go. I am not an extrovert. I don’t like going on smugglers run cos there is only two of us. I don’t like being forced into a social situation. I am as sociable as the next person but on my own terms, it has to be spontaneous. I think a lot of people would like to go but are struggling for reasons to justify it.

Enjoyed the reviews for sure. I do think Craig should just give his take on this thing. We want to hear it. I know the DIS policy has been in place a good long time but when he says something like "i would do this again for half the price" I can't help but read between the lines and assume he thought the experience stunk.

To say you feel something costs TWICE what it should cost based on your experience would lead me to believe it was a negative experience no?

I say this out of appreciation to Craig because I do dig his opinion on things especially dining and drink spots

Last edited:
Like @Jwaire , I also got annoyed by the "it's not $6000" line. I love Ryno in general, but he is wrong on this one. $6000 IS the average price when you consider booking the room to maximum occupancy. It's like a cruise price structure. There is no way to get in the door for a reasonable price as a single, and having 4 adults share one of those cabins seems like quite an uncomfortable proposition, considering the tiny size of the room and single bathroom/sink. I can see 2 adult friends splitting this, and that would come to almost $5000 on the LOWEST priced nights. The online booking engine DOESN'T EVEN SHOW YOU THE ACTUAL PRICE when you pick a date, they make you call to find out. That's how you know it's overpriced. It's like "market rate" on a fancy menu.

It seems clear that Craig thinks it's super overpriced and I get the sneaking suspicion that he felt some things were tacky/underwhelming. I also thought it was interesting that Deni went home every night. That's kind of odd. Speaks to the awkwardness of sharing one of those tiny cabins among people who are not family.

With that said, I'm glad the guys had an enjoyable time. They both seem like exactly the type of guest Disney made this experience for. It's a game, basically, for 2 days. You have to want to play, and if so, I can see the value in the experience. However, the videos show just how much work this whole thing is, and I'm with Pete on "if this was just a hotel I could stay at, I'd be all over it."
You know, I'm getting a little frustrated with people always saying how expensive it is. No one complains when a private VIP tour costs up to $850 an hour for a minimum of 7 hours, which is $6K before taxes/tip and doesn't even include a meal or a park ticket and it's one day! Granted it can be for up to 10 people, but you can put 4 people in a room on the Halcyon and split that. Ok, off my soapbox now.

You know, I'm getting a little frustrated with people always saying how expensive it is. No one complains when a private VIP tour costs up to $850 an hour for a minimum of 7 hours, which is $6K before taxes/tip and doesn't even include a meal or a park ticket and it's one day! Granted it can be for up to 10 people, but you can put 4 people in a room on the Halcyon and split that. Ok, off my soapbox now.

You can split a lot of things several ways, but that doesn't take away the fact that it costs X amount of money, and that amount is objectively, a lot, compared to other vacation options that Disney offers.

No one complains about the cost of VIP tours? Um, not sure how you get that. Plenty of people think those are also insanely overpriced. And booking one of those is an add on. It isn't a separate thing. VIP tour guests go to the same parks and ride the same rides as people who don't pay for them. There isn't anything exclusive about them other than the price tag. They stand in the same lightning lanes that people who paid $15 stand in. VIP tours are, arguably, a perk purchased by people who have money to burn. It's an expensive "hack" to maximize your time.

Of course splitting the Halcyon 4 ways makes it cheaper per person. So does splitting a Deluxe hotel room 4 ways, but no one is saying "oh, $1200/night for a room at the Grand Floridian isn't expensive because split 4 ways that's only $300 per person per night." Get outta here. It's expensive. And there is nothing wrong with questioning the VALUE of things that are priced so high. When you are asking people to shell out literally thousands of dollars for 2 nights, you'd better deliver. That's why there is this narrative here.

And again, the $6000 per stay is the LOW END for a family of 4 with 2 CHILDREN. They charge more for 4 adults, and a stay with 4 adults will be closer to $8000, so you aren't getting in, even splitting, for under $2k per person. That's a significant outlay of money for a 45 hour experience.

Wow this spun Out quickly. All I was trying to say was I appreciated the fact that they went in with one mind set and changed their view. I respect that, that’s all.
apparently this is a very polarizing project. Worth is subjective. I know some people who pay $250 a seat for a broadway show. For a family of 4 that’s $1000 for 3 hours of entertainment. Maybe not worth it to you but worth it to someone else. What did people pay for Super Bowl tickets. 2 Super Bowl tickets cost as much as this experience for a family of 4. I would rather do this than sit at a football game (even though I have no interest in this)
im just curious why so many people are so worked up over this. Im not saying here people are worked up on the internet people who haven’t even been are on saying it sucks or it’s great and actually having fights with people and most of the haven’t even experienced it. I find it amusing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter