Votes: 326 61.0%
  • Mild nausea

Votes: 137 25.7%
  • GotG was a vomit comet for me

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Bad nausea

Votes: 62 11.6%

• Total voters
Bumping this to ask what exactly triggers the motion sickness on Guardians?
I think its the G-Force and the rotation. I get motion sick on a lot of "spinning rides" and screen rides with Star Tours being one of the worst. I think the new screen rides are better for me. I wear a patch and watch tip videos. I have not gotten motion sickness at all on Guardians but I strictly follow tips I have read from others. Sit on the left side for less G-force and don't move your head to watch what is going on around you. I brace myself and keep my head straight forward and never turn it to look around. So far it has been good!!!

I had mild nausea that went away before I exited the building. The "worst" part was right after the helix around the moon. As you come out of that the car spins a little bit the opposite direction. I was pretty glad that was near the end of the ride, but would ride again in a heartbeat. I actually have a little tougher time with the backwards section of Everest. That said, there were at least two code-V's on the stairs as we exited. I expect Disney will "tune" this ride to reduce the most nausea-inducing elements as time goes on.

I had mild nausea that went away before I exited the building. The "worst" part was right after the helix around the moon. As you come out of that the car spins a little bit the opposite direction. I was pretty glad that was near the end of the ride, but would ride again in a heartbeat. I actually have a little tougher time with the backwards section of Everest. That said, there were at least two code-V's on the stairs as we exited. I expect Disney will "tune" this ride to reduce the most nausea-inducing elements as time goes on.
Code-V… 😱

For those you who have ridden already , please select one choice , and if you felt nauseous or selected the vomit comet option please reply with what other WDW rides you have felt this on , I think this poll will help those evaluate if it’s worth a ride
Any virtual motion ride make me ill ..I stick to the safe bets and shows

For those you who have ridden already , please select one choice , and if you felt nauseous or selected the vomit comet option please reply with what other WDW rides you have felt this on , I think this poll will help those evaluate if it’s worth a ride
I get motion sickness at times. I have gotten pretty sick after riding Star Tours in the past, the Simpsons ride at Universal made me so sick I wanted to die, and Remy actually made me sick. I did not have any of that on Guardians at all. I think it was because I could see the structure of the track and other things in the building at all times. The rides like Remy kind Simpson kind of trick my brain because I'm looking at a big screen while the whole thing is moving.

Gawd no. 😂😂don't close your eyes

Looking at the tracks ahead does help a bit though.
The track is what helps me. They are a fixed point where my eyes/brain can determine my relative motion and match it to what I'm feeling.

Fixing your eyes on a point is the trick dancers use to not get dizzy when doing fast turns/spins. Called "spotting your turns" for those curious. Same technique works for this. Cut down on getting dizzy and you can cut down on the motion related issues. Not all because if that little bone in your inner ear goes wacko, it goes wacko. That's where much of the problem lies.

For me, it's the spinning. The first time I rode was the sickest I've ever felt on a ride. I needed to sit for almost an hour in Connections before I could walk again.

I tried again about a year later. Even after taking meclizine, I started to feel extremely sick about a minute in. Thankfully, I was okay once it ended, just needed to walk slowly and not jerk my head.

Rides with screens or spinning tend to make me sick. Guardians has both, so it's the worst.
Dangit. I feel a bit queasy again just from reading this. Was definitely a one-time-only ride for me, unfortunately.

So closing eyes helps?
Yes.
It can. though probably more a helpful tool at the start of the ride. Later, I think it is better to have your eyes open.

Two things, I suppose. First it matters a bit where you sit. If you are concerned, say something to CM before you board, and they can assign you a seat that is less likely to cause an issue.

I've ridden it a number of times with no issue, but on my most recent ride, my ride was slightly more intense than I have been on all other prior rides.

One thing I'd advise is to try to RELAX as much as possible on this one. TRY to groove/sway with the music, and then, IMO, the motion makes a lot of sense.

It might also help if GoG isn't like your very first WDW (thrill) ride, or even your first day. Like try to go on EE, RnRC, or another rollercoaster first. Get acclimated by going on some of the rides you normally enjoy. Universal's thrill rides would also be a good option.

Yes.
It can. though probably more a helpful tool at the start of the ride. Later, I think it is better to have your eyes open.

I started closing my eyes during the backwards part of Everest and it helped with my motion sickness. As a precaution I close my eyes during the backwards launch on Guardians. Seems to work for me.

We just rode twice on Monday. Thankfully no motion sickness issues for either of us. Not so much for someone else the first time we rode who made a mad dash toward the trash cans with a cast member chasing after her with a barf bag. I sure hope that cast member gets paid a little extra.....

I had no issues on GotG. Their is a lot going on on the ride though and I could see how some would get motion sickness.

First time I rode, I had quite a bit of nausea. Second ride, didn't hit me unitl the end, the last few twists. I kinda figured out how to control it, look a different way and/or close eyes at the end, and the last few rides haven't been bad at all. I do need to have a rather full stomach to ride though, not like eat a big meal right before, but not go on an empty stomach, like first thing in the morning.

I said no issues, because it is fine to me now. The very first time, I just felt a little odd, not quite dizzy, more like what was THAT? Haha. Not nausea. It was unlike any ride I had experienced before. But since then, I sway with the movement and really enjoy it, and the music is great to sing along to.

I rode this for the first time this last week during the Epcot Afterhours event. Both times I felt mid discomfort after the ride. I would say a little less the second time because I knew what to expect from having ridden it earlier.

I'll add there were several parts about this ride that detracted from the experience. Given how well Disney does ride queues I found the constant switchbacks and opening to yet another staging area frustrating. Once you got to the main loading area there was the funny mechanical smell plus low level thumping music (bordering on infrasonic) which was disconcerting. Last but not least - I'm getting tired that every new ride seems to involve the guests in some situation gone horribly wrong. Just let a ride be a ride. It doesn't "excite me to be part of the mission" - it bores me that you can't think of anything better.

OK, haven't ridden yet, but I want to hear opinions if you'll indulge me.

SM and RnRR make me nauseous. Everest and Remy give me very mild nausea that goes away a minute after I'm off the ride. Haven't done Mission Space Orange. Nothing else bothers me - fine with FoP, Star Tours, etc.

I was planning on taking Dramamine for this. Anyone think I'll be OK?

OK, haven't ridden yet, but I want to hear opinions if you'll indulge me.

SM and RnRR make me nauseous. Everest and Remy give me very mild nausea that goes away a minute after I'm off the ride. Haven't done Mission Space Orange. Nothing else bothers me - fine with FoP, Star Tours, etc.

I was planning on taking Dramamine for this. Anyone think I'll be OK?
It’s hard to say. Everyone is different. For reference, I can ride anything at WDW but GOTG. I’m not sure why. I don’t get nauseous on it. I get disoriented and dizzy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter