Votes: 137 25.7%
  • GotG was a vomit comet for me

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Bad nausea

Votes: 62 11.6%

• Total voters

mlayton14

DIS Veteran
For those you who have ridden already , please select one choice , and if you felt nauseous or selected the vomit comet option please reply with what other WDW rides you have felt this on , I think this poll will help those evaluate if it’s worth a ride

I didn't throw up, but it was more than mild nausea. That was WITH having taken a meclizine the night before (as I did for each night of our trip). I was able to ride EVERYTHING else at the parks except M:S Orange and FoP.

Without medication I can't ride almost anything. I used to use the Transdermal Scop patch which worked fantastically for everything but M:S orange and FoP, but the side effects were annoying so I tried the meclizine and was thrilled with how well it worked for everything. I was surprised that GotG made me so queasy but it did pass reasonably fast. We had the option to reride but the nausea told me no way.

I experienced mild nausea at first that got much worse during the last 15-20 seconds of the right (was concentrating pretty hard on not puking). Felt fine a few minutes after riding. I had taken a Dramamine about 3 hours prior to riding. I also have issues with Mission Space, Tea Cups, FOP, EE and Slinky. Mission Space and Tea Cups I cannot ride at all even with meds. EE I can ride once without meds, although the backwards portion does make me slightly queasy. FOP and Slinky are both fine with meds. I think I would've been better on GotG if I had not been able to see the track. The portions where you can see that the track is going one way and the car is spinning the other way were the worst parts for me.

No issues at all but I took my dramamine pill 1.5 hours before & waited to eat until afterwards. It helped I had a 10am ride time.

If I don't take my pill for the day I can't do EE, RnR, FOP, Star Tours, SM, Remy, etc... Spinny backwards swopping or 3D doesn't really work well for me.

Thanks for starting this thread! I can't ride SM anymore, EE was one and done, and the one time I rode FOP in 2018, I had to shut my eyes multiple times due to feeling like I was going to throw up. This one makes me nervous!

ETA: Has anyone tried to wear Sea bands while riding? If so - did those help?

Thanks for starting this thread! I can't ride SM anymore, EE was one and done, and the one time I rode FOP in 2018, I had to shut my eyes multiple times due to feeling like I was going to throw up. This one makes me nervous!

ETA: Has anyone tried to wear Sea bands while riding? If so - did those help?
I tried sea-bands at Universal and Forbidden Journey nearly killed me. They are garbage.

I wear the patch and can do everything but Mission Space at Disney and Forbidden Journey at Universal, without getting sick. I haven't been on Remy yet but I was curious about that and this ride!

I wear the patch and can do everything but Mission Space at Disney and Forbidden Journey at Universal, without getting sick. I haven't been on Remy yet but I was curious about that and this ride!

How do you do with the patch and blurry vision? I LOVE how well the patch works but even if I wash my hands like a surgeon prepping for surgery and wear a round band aid over the patch, I STILL get very blurred near vision which makes all the time one needs to spend on their phone now very difficult.

How do you do with the patch and blurry vision? I LOVE how well the patch works but even if I wash my hands like a surgeon prepping for surgery and wear a round band aid over the patch, I STILL get very blurred near vision which makes all the time one needs to spend on their phone now very difficult.
I have never had a problem with blurry vision.

Does anyone have any experience with Bonine or Dramamine? I want to take one of these, but I don't want to be zombie-like.

I have no issues with the patch, knock on wood. I am so grateful, it's the only thing that works for me.

Does anyone have any experience with Bonine or Dramamine? I want to take one of these, but I don't want to be zombie-like.

I take the Dramamine "less drowsy" all day pill. Needs about an hour to kick in so I take it while driving over, spend all day at the park & still make the 1.5-2 hour drive home.

I don’t normally take anything for nausea, but took Dramamine. I got really nauseated and worked hard not to throw up. I was better about 15-20 minutes after getting off, but did have slight headache the rest of the day.

I don’t like the big roller coasters and have not ridden Rock N Roller Coaster or Expédition Everest. Slinky Dog made me nauseous only in the little section with all the little up and down hills, but I was better before the ride ended.
I don‘t go on Teacups or Mission Space Orange, but don’t have issues with other rides, even those with spins like Remy, Rise of the Resistance, Magic Carpets, Dumbo

Last edited:
Got nausea which only happens to me on FOP and Smuggler's Run. I wear glasses and the second time I rode I swapped my normal ones for my prescription sunglasses which helped, and I could still see everything fine in the ride. I was still a little nauseous but I could keep my eyes open and not feel like I was gonna immediately throw up. It's definitely the screens and not the ride motion for me.

Does GotG spin.

I ride FoP but have to close my eyes during certain parts and after riding Remy a number of times and realizing most of the ride I had to close my eyes, decided it's not worth the stress of riding it.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter