Votes: 326 61.0%
  • Mild nausea

Votes: 137 25.7%
  • GotG was a vomit comet for me

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Bad nausea

Votes: 62 11.6%

• Total voters
Can I ask which relief band you got? I looked on Amazon and there seem to be many different ones in varying price ranges. I'm so glad to hear it worked for you! Hoping one might help my son-in-law. Thanks!
I’m curios as well. There are several listed on Amazon.

I didn't answer the poll because there wasn't the right option - I had mild dizziness but no nausea at all. My legs felt wobbly on the stairs walking out but that was it. I did take a dramamine in the morning.

I usually can handle roller coasters fine but get nausea on the the screen rides - Forbidden Journey sets me off pretty bad, but even like Star Tours and rides that are all screens like that tend to be worse for me. I can still do them but need a few minutes after. I just didn't have that issue on Guardians.

I was advised by a friend to sit in the front and focus on the track and not the screens. The screens are meant to be environmental (observed while passing but not to be watched). I get sick in the back of cars so I was extremely worried on this one.

Followed the advise and it worked like a charm! Got off and immediately wanted to ride again. My husband focused on the screens the whole time and almost threw up when we got off. He has no history of nausea for rides.

Unlike other "spinning" attractions this is a controlled spin so the movements are organic and predictable. Cobra's curse at Busch Gardens almost sent me to the ER I was so sick.

I thought Guardians was more intense than I expected. And I watched videos and stuff prior. I don't get woozy or anything like that. I definitely closed my eyes at some parts because it felt super intense for me.

When I got off, I felt like I had headache but I enjoyed the experience.

How is the Guardians of the Galaxy ride for someone who experiences a little motion sickness?

My mom has vertigo and is also older, so I was a little worried, however she's ridden it 4 times in the last few days and has loved it and has not had any issues. I'd try it at least.

You just won't know until you ride it. You can try motion sickness medicine before you ride but I was still super sick even with this. It was once and done for me.

I rode three times. Once in the back was sick. Really wanted to try again since I paid for it the same day and sat in the middle got sick. Then today I took motion sickness meds and was fine for the first half of the ride. It helped that I sang along to the song. Lol. I know that sounds weird but it helped. Still I don’t have to ride it ever again. Great ride just not for me.

I felt like I was going to pass out - but not from nausea. It was more an intense vertigo without nausea, and my vision started to go black on the edges. Yes, I'm going to see a doctor about that. (Was scheduled to see her yesterday, but she canceled)

It helped that I sang along to the song. Lol. I know that sounds weird but it helped.
I totally get it!! I was terrified I was going to get sick, even with the patch, but I started jamming to Disco Inferno on our first ride, and I totally think it helped. I was fine.

Of the 7 in our group that did the ride, only 1 experienced nausea and it was bad. Had to run to Connections and was in the bathroom for an hour vomiting. Poor guy. Everyone else loved it.

It’s pretty much constant banking turn going right into another banking turn. Many of the turns are pretty tight and there are no lifts or slower spots to give a breather between banking.
your post was the best summary of issues and description of motion details I’ve read yet. Very helpful. Thanks!

Question: Are the sharp banks repetitive in the same direction, or does it bank one way and then the opposite?

your post was the best summary of issues and description of motion details I’ve read yet. Very helpful. Thanks!

Question: Are the sharp banks repetitive in the same direction, or does it bank one way and then the opposite?
They are not all the same direction
they are turns combined with twists at the same time
I can see how anyone with motion issues have a problem

Late chiming in on this.

Things I don't ride at WDW due to motion sickness: Remy, Mission Space, Star Tours, and Flight of Passage.

Things I can ride if I make accommodations: Teacups, Rise of the Resistance, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, Millenium Falcon: Smuggler's Run.

Cosmic Rewind was really unusual for me...a hybrid, of sorts.

I can ride it fine with my eyes open. No nausea at all.

What I do struggle with is dizziness after the ride, so I sit on the benches at the exit until I have my equilibrium back and use the elevator to go back to the ground floor.

They are not all the same direction
they are turns combined with twists at the same time
I can see how anyone with motion issues have a problem
I agree with Mrs.AMC
They are different directions combined with twists and there is one section where it makes a complete banked circle

Going backwards is what got me. If you know you have motion sickness then definitely take some meds before.

It was much worse than the backwards part of Everest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter